2019 Draft Big Board

I thought this was an interesting look at how the draft is shaping up. Surely lots will change. You will notice there is almost no offensive talent near the top of the draft which is a bad year for us to be so needy. Also seems like we will see less trade-ups given lack of QB talent and elite studs. I don't see much worth tanking for, as we are not going to have pick 1 or 2. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/15/2019-nfl-draft-big-board-rankings-nick-bosa-justin-herbert

We need another Josh Allen ;) 

7. JOSH ALLEN, OLB/DE, KENTUCKY

Height: 6' 4" | Weight: 255 pounds
The biggest question on Allen is how an NFL team will wind up using him. Like Minnesota’s Anthony Barr and Buffalo’s Tremaine Edmunds, he can play on the line or off, and can do a lot of things well. He’s been productive this year, with 11 sacks, 15.5 tackles for losses, five forced fumbles and four pass breakups.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

watch them take Greedy Williams as our CB 2. 

I may be the only person on this board that wouldn’t hate it. CB2 is the biggest (and only) real hole at the present time on defense. It would give the Bills a chance to have an elite defense like the Seahawks were. At the moment, every important throw goes right at CB2. 

In addition, the value will be there. He’s universally thought of as a top 5 pick. I would much rather take him there than the 23rd best player in the draft because he plays offense. 

Assuming that a trade trade down isn’t an option this wouldn’t be bad at all IMO. We can then go offense from there. This holds especially true if they nab a couple of FA starters on offense. I think that they have a chance to add 2 starting OL and potentially a rotational WR in FA. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Another take, similar takeaway:

1. Ed Oliver, DL, Houston

2. Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State

3. Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama

4. Devin White, LB, LSU

5. Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama

6. Greedy Williams, CB, Lsu

7. Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan

8. Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

9. Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky

10. Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss

11. Jeffery Simmons, DL, Mississippi State

12. Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama

13. Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson

14. Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

15. Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State

16. Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

17. Dexter Lawrence, DL, Clemson

18. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

19. Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

20. Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

21. Dre'mont Jones, DL, Ohio State

22. Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

23. N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

24. Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama

25. Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan

26. Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn

27. Zach Allen, EDGE, Boston College

28. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

29. Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

30. Christian Wilkins, DL, Clemson

31. Oshane Ximines, EDGE, Old Dominion

32. Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

I thought this was an interesting look at how the draft is shaping up. Surely lots will change. You will notice there is almost no offensive talent near the top of the draft which is a bad year for us to be so needy. Also seems like we will see less trade-ups given lack of QB talent and elite studs. I don't see much worth tanking for, as we are not going to have pick 1 or 2. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/15/2019-nfl-draft-big-board-rankings-nick-bosa-justin-herbert

:(

24 minutes ago, Mango said:

watch them take Greedy Williams as our CB 2. 

Jeepers, Mango, I thought that, too.  I really did.

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be the only person on this board that wouldn’t hate it. CB2 is the biggest (and only) real hole at the present time on defense. It would give the Bills a chance to have an elite defense like the Seahawks were. At the moment, every important throw goes right at CB2. 

In addition, the value will be there. He’s universally thought of as a top 5 pick. I would much rather take him there than the 23rd best player in the draft because he plays offense. 

Assuming that a trade trade down isn’t an option this wouldn’t be bad at all IMO. We can then go offense from there. This holds especially true if they nab a couple of FA starters on offense. I think that they have a chance to add 2 starting OL and potentially a rotational WR in FA. 

I would HATE to see them reach for an offensive player just because he’s on that side of the ball. I trust them to be smart enough to go for value. 

Not the sexiest pick but assuming we have, say pick 7-10, I really like OL Jonah Williams. 

Also Derrick Brown, DT from Clemson and Raekwon Davis, DT from Bama are both on my wish list. 

Trenches need fortification. Always. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I actually fully agree with you. It was more pot stirring. It is definitely a need for us. I also hate reaching for need. 

• Like (+1) 1

I can't see McDermott/Beane passing up a CB in the first round, most likely Greedy Williams out of LSU. I'm okay with it, I would rather they not reach just to grab an offensive player. As the draft progresses I would like to see more offense drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Not the sexiest pick but assuming we have, say pick 7-10, I really like OL Jonah Williams. 

Also Derrick Brown, DT from Clemson and Raekwon Davis, DT from Bama are both on my wish list. 

Trenches need fortification. Always. 

I would actually like Little if he can be had with our first. Wouldn't mind Williams, but little more upside to Little. Given that the DL depth apparently will last until round 4 or 5, I'd rather we be the team that goes offense with our first two picks OL/WR, and fill out our dline and secondary with the later rounds. Wouldn't hurt to draft another LB if the value is there - I foresee more weeks without Edmunds or Milano due to concussions...

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Interesting as just a month ago I was looking and the top half had more than a few O-linemen and WR's...

Not a bad thing if those needs we have become lower 1st or 2-3rd round picks - the Bills wont overpay for the gamble.

59 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Another take, similar takeaway:

1. Ed Oliver, DL, Houston

2. Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State

3. Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama

4. Devin White, LB, LSU

5. Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama

6. Greedy Williams, CB, Lsu

7. Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan

8. Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

9. Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky

10. Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss

11. Jeffery Simmons, DL, Mississippi State

12. Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama

13. Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson

14. Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

15. Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State

16. Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

17. Dexter Lawrence, DL, Clemson

18. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

19. Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

20. Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

21. Dre'mont Jones, DL, Ohio State

22. Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

23. N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

24. Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama

25. Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan

26. Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn

27. Zach Allen, EDGE, Boston College

28. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

29. Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

30. Christian Wilkins, DL, Clemson

31. Oshane Ximines, EDGE, Old Dominion

32. Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame

In this scenario....trade down and take Jonah or N"Keal Harry

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Most are calling this draft class historic - in terms of defensive line talent.

It's very strong at the top, and deep all the way through the first 2 days.

That doesn't mean the cupboard is totally bare on the offensive side.  There are a handful of offensive linemen slated as mid-1st Round talents, quite a few wide receivers with late-1st/early 2nd Round grades, and many also believe this would be a good year to take a tight end early.

In my opinion, the key for the Bills will be adequately filling holes in Free Agency, so they aren't stuck reaching for a position instead of player.  If they end up picking too high, it may be very difficult to pass on one of these generational D-Line talents.  Especially with Jerry Hughes getting older, and Kyle Williams probably retiring at the end of the season.  Which of course could leave them short on picks to address all the holes on offense.  Right now, they need help at WR, TE, OT, C and OG.  That's five spots, assuming Zay Jones and Wyatt Teller play good enough to warrant another year in the starting lineup.

• Like (+1) 1