ESPN's look at - 10 NFL coaching jobs that could open up.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/HotRead-20181115/ranking-best-worst-2019-nfl-potential-head-coach-openings-get-fired

Ranking the best and worst potential NFL head-coaching openings

CLE we know.

BAL  seems to be on that list based off rumors

NYJ 41 - 10 seemed to solidify that.

ARI, DAL, DEN, DET, GB, NYJ, SEA, TB

I'd even throw in WAS if they crash out of first place in the NFCE

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Dallas is so appealing talent wise (regardless of what you think of Dak) but who the heck in their right mind would work for Jerry. 

Yeah, that's definitely a reason why Garrett is still there, he's a total yes man. 

All this stuff we're hearing about Lincoln Riley...I'm not huge on him but it seems like the football world is...he's probably more or less going to have his pick of jobs. I don't know why he would pick Dallas if Jerry's going to uphold the amount of control he has over personnel/strategies. 

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Yeah, that's definitely a reason why Garrett is still there, he's a total yes man. 

All this stuff we're hearing about Lincoln Riley...I'm not huge on him but it seems like the football world is...he's probably more or less going to have his pick of jobs. I don't know why he would pick Dallas if Jerry's going to uphold the amount of control he has over personnel/strategies. 

I think if Riley walks into the NFL it'll be for the Browns job. Too much sense to come and reinstitute Bakers offense. 

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Best part of this article is where he calls KB a "deep threat with injury problems." 

Unless that injury is obesity, I don't know what he's talking about...

For all the talk about building a culture here...I really don't understand why a guy that consistently plays at a 50% effort level gets to stay here for so long. We really only seem to hear that in convenient situations where it appears McDermott and Beane possibly made a wrong decision and there's a need to find an intrinsic logic for it. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I think if Riley walks into the NFL it'll be for the Browns job. Too much sense to come and reinstitute Bakers offense. 

I would agree. And they have talent and a solid foundation to start on. I just know if I was getting my big shot in the NFL, if I had other choices, I wouldn't want to be hamstrung by Jerry. It's never a good thing when the owner is the GM because you'll always be the only scapegoat. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Best part of this article is where he calls KB a "deep threat with injury problems." 

Unless that injury is obesity, I don't know what he's talking about...

More like an injury threat with deep problems.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

What is more attractive job. Running Oklahoma or Working for Haslam?

I think the Browns are more likely to retain Greggggggggg because they win a few meaningless game late this year. Haslam is dumb enough to do that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Dallas is so appealing talent wise (regardless of what you think of Dak) but who the heck in their right mind would work for Jerry. 

Somebody who wanted a three or four year guarnateed contract worth $5mil a year.  (see Rex Ryan example, not that the Pegs are in Jerry's intrusive class)

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

For all the talk about building a culture here...I really don't understand why a guy that consistently plays at a 50% effort level gets to stay here for so long. We really only seem to hear that in convenient situations where it appears McDermott and Beane possibly made a wrong decision and there's a need to find an intrinsic logic for it. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Bills are in line for a supplemental 3rd round pick if he lasts to the end of his contract and then signs elsewhere.

'Course with all that cap room the Bills are likely to sign more FA's than they lose so they wouldn't get supp picks anyway.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

The Lions are pretty used to being bad. Highly doubt they'll dump Patricia after one season. 

true...    Thats ESPN for you 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

A YES man  or 

Jerry's son

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/HotRead-20181115/ranking-best-worst-2019-nfl-potential-head-coach-openings-get-fired

Ranking the best and worst potential NFL head-coaching openings

CLE we know.

BAL  seems to be on that list based off rumors

NYJ 41 - 10 seemed to solidify that.

ARI, DAL, DEN, DET, GB, NYJ, SEA, TB

I'd even throw in WAS if they crash out of first place in the NFCE

The Jets are actually a very attractive option in terms of a head coaching job. They have a young QB, some young pieces on defense, and they have a ton of cap space to go along with a high draft pick. Any coach could come in with somewhat low expectations year one and do well. Cleveland, Seattle, and Green Bay are all obviously good places for a coach to land. The Browns will still have a ton of cap space and they have a young QB with a good defense. While any coach in Seattle or Green Bay inherits dam good QB's. 

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

The Jets are actually a very attractive option in terms of a head coaching job. They have a young QB, some young pieces on defense, and they have a ton of cap space to go along with a high draft pick. Any coach could come in with somewhat low expectations year one and do well. Cleveland, Seattle, and Green Bay are all obviously good places for a coach to land. The Browns will still have a ton of cap space and they have a young QB with a good defense. While any coach in Seattle or Green Bay inherits dam good QB's. 

The Jets would be a good spot for a new HC