Race is behind the Peterman hatred and mocking by the national media

Miracle Bills

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Peterman's general suckitude is behind the hatred & mocking

No it isn't. Lots of players have been terrible. Even the Pegulas daugther said enough with the piling on Peterman on her twitter account today.

I though Tyrod did not get a fair shot and I think Peterman did not get a fair shot. I think the Bills have real issues that had more to do with receivers than quarterbacks. The switch to a faster receiver group this weekend proved that.

Just now, Miracle Bills said:

No it isn't. Lots of players have been terrible. Even the Pegulas daugther said enough with the piling on Peterman on her twitter account today.

I though Tyrod did not get a fair shot and I think Peterman did not get a fair shot. I think the Bills have real issues that had more to do with receivers than quarterbacks. The switch to a faster receiver group this weekend proved that.

Peterman wasn't good enough.  Neither was Taylor.  Nothing to do with skin color.  And the article referred to in the OP is written by a guy who has made racial issues the center of his existence; everything to him is racially motivated.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Miracle Bills said:

I suspect there were some people involved in the Kaepernick collusion case that were pushing this Peterman mocking and hatred. It was quite sad, but useful for them. It makes no sense of NBC sports to be running pieces like this. Amazing the NFL allowed them to run such garbage.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/bills-sticking-nathan-peterman-only-helps-colin-kaepernicks-case

Is this Deranged Rhino? 

6 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Just being truthful here, I think it has to do with 3 different things. 

1. The racial card will always be pulled if a black person ( especially someone who is as good of a person as Tyrod appears to be ) is replaced by a white person ( especially if number 2 happens )
2. His performance was horrible. Record breaking horrible. 

3. He's a religious person and that is very frowned on these days it seems

When you take all of those things and combine them, its a recipe for what happened to Peterman. While there were many who pulled for him, the vast majority hated him for one of the 3 reasons listed - or more often than not a combination to varying degrees of all 3 of those. 

Well this is much better said and is probably more accurate than my post. All 3 most likely had to do with the piling on by the media.  I was just shocked how many times Peterman was used by media people when talking about Kaepernick collusion. It is there over and over and over by way too many people to not have been coordinated by someone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Peterman wasn't good enough.  Neither was Taylor.  Nothing to do with skin color.  And the article referred to in the OP is written by a guy who has made racial issues the center of his existence; everything to him is racially motivated.

i sure cant wait for this stupid phase to pass.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I'm a fairly liberal thinker and I support the players who want to kneel, think Kaepernick is getting a raw deal, etc.  I think that the article quoted in the original post is ridiculous.  McDermott started Peterman because Taylor was HORRIBLE for three straight games before he got benched.  During that stint, Peterman came in during garbage time against the Saints and moved the team and scored some points.  McDermott took a chance that maybe he had something with Peterman that would spark the offense.

It didn't work out and the rest of Peterman's career in Buffalo didn't go well, but the benching of Taylor in the first place had NOTHING to do with race and it is clear that the author of that article did not watch the THREE Bills games prior to Peterman's first start.  The author of that article is uninformed and the article is offensive to me.

And people now don't hate on or mock Peterman because he is white.  It is because he had historically bad statistics.

Generally I believe that most national writers and sportscasters do not watch any Bills games in whole or in part. 

• Like (+1) 2

Nothing to do with race.......  The problem was the Offense was terrible and put TT in lousy positions and even worse a coaching staff thinking a fifth round rookie was the answer.  

TT did not have three bad games.  He actually won two in a row and played very well vs. TB & Oak.  A so so game where everything went wrong vs. NYJ and then the New Orleans game....  But that doesn't fit the narrative.

Alex Smith was the #1 darft pick.  Yep he was terrible, but that is whaty being the #1 draft pick allows you.......  Opportunity.

• Like (+1) 1

Race has something to do with the way Peterman's portrayed...but not in the way you're describing it. 

I'm white myself, but this is so incredibly easy to spot. Peterman's whiteness and religious views have helped anoint him as this great guy with so much character...what has he actually exhibited to earn that label? The guy looked completely defeated every time he played after the Chargers game. And the Hail Mary run against the Bears because he didn't want to risk another possible INT while the reward could have helped the team, that was one of the most gutless plays I've ever seen. 

Also, Peterman's gotten more of a shot than most 5th round picks would have if they struggled even close to this much. He had every opportunity to avenge that historically bad vs the Chargers and came up empty and flat on his face every single time. The idea that he somehow hasn't been given a fair shot is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Miracle Bills said:

When Peterman replaced Taylor and threw 5 interceptions it was immediately turned into a race issue, and that was not Petermans fault. Writers all over American decided to make a 5th round quarterback the face of white privilege.  He replaced a black quarterback. Then he had a job and Kaepernick didn't. Even EJ Manuel piled on. This is very unfair to Peterman who was just trying to make a living. Everyone knows race is behind the mocking of him but but won't say it. There are tons of articles just like this one illustrating what I am talking about. Fifth round draft picks don't get this much publicity. They just don't. Unless someone has an agenda. Race had nothing to do with it. A rookie coach making a terrible decision after a bunch of terrible losses was behind the move.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/bills-quarterback-dilemma-clear-black-white-article-1.3645016

I am not saying Peterman is an NFL quarterback, but he does deserve a better shot.  And for all the people out there that say he is the worst quarterback ever. Here is a stat for you.

Alex Smith in his first 5 starts in the NFL threw 10 interceptions and no touchdowns. Worse than Peterman. People love to leave Alex Smith out of the conversation because it does not fit their narrative. This year he signed a 4 year 96 million dollar contract. Players can improve. If the Raiders or somebody else sign Peterman to their practice squad don't be surprised if he does what many former Bills did. Turn into an solid NFL player.

27 posts. Man, you're really swinging for the fences. Take this garbage somewhere else. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Race has something to do with the way Peterman's portrayed...but not in the way you're describing it. 

I'm white myself, but this is so incredibly easy to spot. Peterman's whiteness and religious views have helped anoint him as this great guy with so much character...what has he actually exhibited to earn that label? The guy looked completely defeated every time he played after the Chargers game. And the Hail Mary run against the Bears because he didn't want to risk another possible INT while the reward could have helped the team, that was one of the most gutless plays I've ever seen. 

Also, Peterman's gotten more of a shot than most 5th round picks would have if they struggled even close to this much. The idea that he somehow hasn't been given a fair shot is beyond ridiculous.

I agree that he got more than a fair shot, but he did play well in the preseason.  I'm not sure i've ever seen (in 40+ years of watching NFL football) a player look so good in preseason, then go to pieces so badly in the regular season.  The rest of the stuff applies too, but he really is an enigma as a player

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Are the Browns getting crushed because Baker took Tyrod's job. 

No, they aren't.

Why? Because the Browns just had the biggest win in their franchise since 2008. 

The #1 pick was going to start eventually, that was a no-brainer (and the plan).  Just so happened that TT was concussed and Mayfield led a great comeback. 

Now if Mayfield did not play well vs. the Jets, maybe TT is still the QB.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

27 posts. Man, you're really swinging for the fences. Take this garbage somewhere else. 

Another new account obsessed with Peterman.   I have a suspicion that this one was reborn from the ashes of the previous one that was banned after a false prediction Peterman would start over Anderson a few weeks back.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

GREAT POST - shut it down! No place for this garbage!

3 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Did another message board close again and now the refugees are flocking here? The new threads in the past week are simply BUFFOONERY. Seriously, the trolls are out in full force. 

This board is in free fall crashing quickly!

30 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Race issue?  No.  Bills knew they weren't going to the next level with Taylor and wanted to see what Peterman could do.  They found out real quickly Peterman wasn't an NFL caliber QB...What I don't understand is why they kept Peterman around as long as they did.

Same thing happened to Taylor in Cleveland....why hasn't the same "uproar" occurred there?  Probably because Taylor was replaced by a "white" number 1 overall draft pick rather than a "white" 5th rounder that nobody knew.

Uh, why did you state the last part sarcastically?

There's no uproar because Baker Mayfield can actually play.

Edited by LSHMEAB