Race is behind the Peterman hatred and mocking by the national media

Miracle Bills

39 minutes ago, Miracle Bills said:

When Peterman replaced Taylor and threw 5 interceptions it was immediately turned into a race issue, and that was not Petermans fault. Writers all over American decided to make a 5th round quarterback the face of white privilege.  He replaced a black quarterback. Then he had a job and Kaepernick didn't. Even EJ Manuel piled on. This is very unfair to Peterman who was just trying to make a living. Everyone knows race is behind the mocking of him but but won't say it. There are tons of articles just like this one illustrating what I am talking about. Fifth round draft picks don't get this much publicity. They just don't. Unless someone has an agenda. Race had nothing to do with it. A rookie coach making a terrible decision after a bunch of terrible losses was behind the move.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/bills-quarterback-dilemma-clear-black-white-article-1.3645016

I am not saying Peterman is an NFL quarterback, but he does deserve a better shot.  And for all the people out there that say he is the worst quarterback ever. Here is a stat for you.

Alex Smith in his first 5 starts in the NFL threw 10 interceptions and no touchdowns. Worse than Peterman. People love to leave Alex Smith out of the conversation because it does not fit their narrative. This year he signed a 4 year 96 million dollar contract. Players can improve. If the Raiders or somebody else sign Peterman to their practice squad don't be surprised if he does what many former Bills did. Turn into an solid NFL player.

You are lame as hell for this. I don't know if there was a bigger Peterman supporter than me in here, and I can say that his mocking comes from not him showing well on the field.

Same thing I told black employees who talked up Taylor's race as the reason for his demotion to Peterman, is the same thing I'll say about this ridiculous assumption: It just isn't  true.

"Everyone knows race is behind the mocking of him..."?  Oh really!??

Did you even give two sh*** about him when he was still on the roster?

26 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The Tyrod benching was obvious to most close watchers of Bills games, but the less Bills centric press (99% of them) used two metrics judging Tyrod, his turnover ratio and the fact he was the QB to the playoffs.  They didnt bother to look at his 100 yrd passing games or all the opportunities he missed.  Tyrod didnt turn over the ball because he never took chances, that strategy might have worked in the NFL 20 years ago but in todays high powered passing game it is a failure.

That’s all fine and good if he didn’t lead back-to-back top 10 scoring and DVOA offenses. Points matter, not passing yards

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Miracle Bills said:

No it isn't. Lots of players have been terrible. Even the Pegulas daugther said enough with the piling on Peterman on her twitter account today.

I though Tyrod did not get a fair shot and I think Peterman did not get a fair shot. I think the Bills have real issues that had more to do with receivers than quarterbacks. The switch to a faster receiver group this weekend proved that.

Define "fair shot."

Taylor had THREE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peterman squandered every opportunity to prove he was worthy of being an NFL QB.  Four starts: 3 TD, 12 INT, 8 sacks, 2 fumbles.  And the Bills lost all 4 starts.

Awful thread.

Peterman got more chances than most QBs more talented than him ever get.  There are substantially more gifted QBs that got nothing close to the chances NP got.

And regarding Smith...if Peterman had 5 full starts on his resume he would have 20+ interceptions and he wasn’t the #1 overall pick nor does NP have anything remotely close to the upside, talent, and physical ability that Smith had at the time.

What a complete failure of a thread. 

3 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Didn't he technically win the Indy game last year as the starter? NOT DEFENDING HIM AT ALL.........BYE, FELICIA!

The Bills did win one Peterman start; I stand corrected!

28 minutes ago, Miracle Bills said:

No it isn't. Lots of players have been terrible. Even the Pegulas daugther said enough with the piling on Peterman on her twitter account today.

I though Tyrod did not get a fair shot and I think Peterman did not get a fair shot. I think the Bills have real issues that had more to do with receivers than quarterbacks. The switch to a faster receiver group this weekend proved that.

Terrible players get piled on. It's very common, and definitely not a race thing, so why make it one? Especially if you claim to dislike the coverage of similarly themed sports reporting?

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s all fine and good if he didn’t lead back-to-back top 10 scoring and DVOA offenses. Points matter, not passing yards

Yeah, DVOA, EFFICIENCY, yes you are proving my point, he was very efficient, few mistakes, issue is he wasnt very effective for today high powered passing attacks, he was always at the bottom in yards passed, here are the Bills ranking in the NFL for passing yards

'15  28

'16  30

'18  31

You cant get much worse than that

OK here are Buffalo's 2015-2017 DVOA for total offense and for passing, recall he is a qb

2015    9  offense  12 passing 

2016    10 offense  18 passing

2017    26 offense    28 passing

See any trend there? Even his efficiency was getting worse, NFL teams largely figured him out.

And we highlight it with his  final Bills game and only playoff game

134 yards passing, 3 points scored and a QBR of 44.2

58 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

i mean, i am not sure about all that besides the obvious  fact that the Media and a lot of soft headed fellow travelers love to turn everything into a racial issue.  There's an age divide there, people under a certain age have to view everything through the lens of race and are fundamentally incapable of having a discussion without virtual signalling about how woke they are.  it's absolutely ruined a lot of sports journalism (cough, ESPN, cough)

Incredibly well stated. You cannot be objective when viewing thing through a lens and unfortunately our younger generation, which I am apart of BTW is skewed.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah, DVOA, EFFICIENCY, yes you are proving my point, he was very efficient, few mistakes, issue is he wasnt very effective for today high powered passing attacks, he was always at the bottom in yards passed, here are the Bills ranking in the NFL for passing yards

'15  28

'16  30

'18  31

You cant get much worse than that

OK here are Buffalo's 2015-2017 DVOA for total offense and for passing, recall he is a qb

2015    9  offense  12 passing 

2016    10 offense  18 passing

2017    26 offense    28 passing

See any trend there? Even his efficiency was getting worse, NFL teams largely figured him out.

And we highlight it with his  final Bills game and only playoff game

134 yards passing, 3 points scored and a QBR of 44.2

Top 10 scoring twice

We certainly regressed last year but not to the point that a reasonable person could have thought Nathan Peterman was a viable option.

• Like (+1) 1

People don't know how hard it is to be a white QB in this league. From the minute a white QB is drafted everyone just assumes that you're a prototypical pocket passer.  You can't escape the comparisons to Rodgers, Brady, and Brees.  Fans assume that every white high drafted QB will be a franchise QB based on the color of their skin.  And then there's the expectations off the field that they'll be a pillar of the community, a leader, a role model.  Why can't white QBs be thugs if they want to?  Why can't Eli Manning make it rain at the club and get in a brawl? Why can't A-Rodg do bath salts and slam his Bugatti into a taco bell at 3AM? 

Its not fair.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Jauronimo said:

People don't know how hard it is to be a white QB in this league. From the minute a white QB is drafted everyone just assumes that you're a prototypical pocket passer.  You can't escape the comparisons to Rodgers, Brady, and Brees.  Fans assume that every white high drafted QB will be a franchise QB based on the color of their skin.  And then there's the expectations off the field that they'll be a pillar of the community, a leader, a role model.  Why can't white QBs be thugs if they want to?  Why can't Eli Manning make it rain at the club and get in a brawl? Why can't A-Rodg do bath salts and slam his Bugatti into a taco bell at 3AM? 

Its not fair.

Chad Kelly and Johnny Manziel said "What?!?

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Top 10 scoring twice

We certainly regressed last year but not to the point that a reasonable person could have thought Nathan Peterman was a viable option.

This I agree with BUT in defense of OBD, i dont think Peterman was ever Tyrod's "replacement", Tyrod's replacement was always going to be whoever they drafted and a vet picked up , AJM that  was just a backup/ temporary placeholder for the new guy.  Peterman  was another camp arm, imo but shockingly outperformed AJM in pre-season.   

• Like (+1) 1

Seriously? 

Come on OP. This is so bad that i needed to say something. I am white, male born in the United States. I have little to complain about when it comes to racism. Yes people take shots at white people now. Why?  I am not really sure. Maybe it is because some good comedy comes at the expense of someone else.  Will that change? maybe with more outlandish posts like this. Peterman replaced Tyrod because Tyrod isn't very good. Just so happens Peterman is worse than Tyrod because he is in his second year verse a guy who was around for 4 years before getting a gig. Race is brought up by people who want to inject it into the conversation. I doubt McDermott is racist. 

59 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It has nothing to do with race. It has to do with a long shot scrub replacing a functioning QB in the midst of a playoff chase. Peterman was terrible and continued to get opportunities that other long shots (regardless of race) didn’t get. Levi Brown and Jeff Tuel were also scrubs that washed out. Tuel was WAY better than NP in his 1 opportunity. Peterman had a job that he didn’t deserve and was paid a lot of money to do that job. No one owes him anything. He sucked and is now out of the NFL (where he belongs). 

Hear! Hear! Simple truth. 

50 minutes ago, Miracle Bills said:

Don't know if this is intentional, but it's Class A trolling.  Bravo.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Chad Kelly and Johnny Manziel said "What?!?

Please. People compared both of them to Brett Favre.  Why can't Chad be a poor man's Steve McNair?  Why can't Johnny Football be compared to Tyrod Taylor? Why can't Josh Allen draw comparisons to Daunte Culpepper?  Why can't Russel Wilson's game be compared to Randall Cunningham??

Racism that's why.

• Like (+1) 1