Bills tied for 2nd most "deep" throws in the NFL...

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

Like I said, the train never would have left the station on my watch.  

I think I at least partially answered your question, don't be a lamebrain.  

I SAID, I WOULDN'T HAVE used five picks ranging from 12th overall to 65th overall, to enlighten you, that would have been 2 mid-1st round picks, 2 mid-late 2nd-round picks, and the 1st pic in the 3rd round, on two players when I could have gotten 5.  If you can't read and comprehend that then return to elementary school and repeat the 4th grade.  

Talk about copouts, repeating the same idiotic nonsense while ignoring an answer seems to apply.  

I'll also REPEAT what I implied as well, namely that I WOULD HAVE treated this team as a roster in need of a rebuild that it so sorely needs and not consumed a rare draft on a project QB that DID NOT POSSESS the traits of every successful QB that has played in the NFL while going in full speed for a singular trait such as arm-strength when that approach has been attempted far more often with negative results than positive ones, and that, for prospects not nearly as project-oriented.  

Your self-righteous approach in discussing this misses the original point that I made entirely.  I was merely corresponding the impact of deep-throws, for the best QBs on the best offenses, with the host of other aspects of the passing game and relating that to the overall "rebuilding" strategy if you want to call it that since McBeane doesn't, and demonstrating that it's akin to buying a lottery ticket and NOT a sound approach to rebuilding.  

I'm really sorry that you're struggling with that trivial nature of that all.  Truly.  

so you're basically saying you wouldn't of picked allen?

6 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

Like I said, the train never would have left the station on my watch.  

I think I at least partially answered your question, don't be a lamebrain.  

I SAID, I WOULDN'T HAVE used five picks ranging from 12th overall to 65th overall, to enlighten you, that would have been 2 mid-1st round picks, 2 mid-late 2nd-round picks, and the 1st pic in the 3rd round, on two players when I could have gotten 5.  If you can't read and comprehend that then return to elementary school and repeat the 4th grade.  

Talk about copouts, repeating the same idiotic nonsense while ignoring an answer seems to apply.  

I'll also REPEAT what I implied as well, namely that I WOULD HAVE treated this team as a roster in need of a rebuild that it so sorely needs and not consumed a rare draft on a project QB that DID NOT POSSESS the traits of every successful QB that has played in the NFL while going in full speed for a singular trait such as arm-strength when that approach has been attempted far more often with negative results than positive ones, and that, for prospects not nearly as project-oriented.  

Your self-righteous approach in discussing this misses the original point that I made entirely.  I was merely corresponding the impact of deep-throws, for the best QBs on the best offenses, with the host of other aspects of the passing game and relating that to the overall "rebuilding" strategy if you want to call it that since McBeane doesn't, and demonstrating that it's akin to buying a lottery ticket and NOT a sound approach to rebuilding.  

I'm really sorry that you're struggling with that trivial nature of that all.  Truly.  

Its just more of the same....hindsight bitching waaaaaa

3 hours ago, wagon127 said:

Does this include passes that are thrown out of bounds? Cause if it does, it makes perfect sense.

Lol I'm sure all game Daboll's thinking **** it I'll take the 1% chance we get 50 yards than the 5% chance we get 10 #analytics.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

Interesting that the Fitz-led Bucs are completing 44% of their deep throws, given that the lack of a deep ball was always the biggest knock against Fitz.

I think the Fitz effect is he's smart with using his personell and when he gets a new group of recievers, DC's get super confused for a few weeks.

Threw Stevie 1000, Marshall 1000, probably Mike Evans or DJax 1000.. all totally different receivers lol

28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its just more of the same....hindsight bitching waaaaaa

LOL 

Cut the nonsense John, I see that's a lot of what you offer here.  

Ya know, you ask people what they'd have done differently upon entering a home that's filled with fecal matter when the answer's pretty obvious, that any number of approaches BESIDES what was used would have been better.  Naturally the notion to not have filled the place with the fecal matter to begin with needs an explanation in your world.  

It's not bitching at all, what you  are doing is bitching.  The rest of us were having a conversation and discussion.  

Try actually thinking for a change and quite resorting to adolescent one-liners.  I realize that's a stretch for you, but give it a shot son, you can do it.  

Edited by TaskersGhost

18 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

LOL 

Cut the nonsense John, I see that's a lot of what you offer here.  

Ya know, you ask people what they'd have done differently upon entering a home that's filled with fecal matter when the answer's pretty obvious, that any number of approaches BESIDES what was used would have been better.  Naturally the notion to not have filled the place with the fecal matter to begin with needs an explanation in your world.  

It's not bitching at all, what you  are doing is bitching.  The rest of us were having a conversation and discussion.  

Try actually thinking for a change and quite resorting to adolescent one-liners.  I realize that's a stretch for you, but give it a shot son, you can do it.  

You type a lot for a whiner

17 hours ago, TaskersGhost said:

I get the whole cliche'd "stretch the D" nonsense, but the reality is that if you have a QB incapable of managing the other 90-some % of the game, good luck, you'll need it.  Luck that is.  

Like J.P Losman.  He always had a good deep ball..but could not throw with any consistency in the 5-15 yard area.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, TaskersGhost said:

This is interesting and as long as it’s been posted it’s a good time to consider the implications. 

Here’s the takeaway from that data tidbit …

This is data from just over half a season.  Let’s take a team with a good QB from that lot, say Rodgers & GB. 

Rodgers has still only completed 38% of those deep throws, which clearly means the obvious, that while the NFL average completion rate is in the 60’s for percentage, the deep-throw completion percentage is just over half of that.   And yes, these numbers are on par with league averages for a season.  

In fact, Rodgers has completed 18 of those 48 throws assuming that the data is accurage.  That’s 2 deep-throw completions per game, and let’s not forget that “deep” means simply throws of 20+ yards whereas I don’t particularly consider throws of under 40 requiring Marino (or Allen) arm-strength.  I can’t imagine who would since there are many NFL QBs not noted for arm-strength that can and who have traditionally made such throws with comparable frequency. 

Either way, that’s on a good team with good receivers, no particular running game to balance off of rendering their passing game all the more critical to effective functioning, which it clearly is with Rodgers at the helm. 

So in this child-like kid-in-a-candy-shop tendency to overrate arm-strength, which has failed so often in the recent past (Russell, Leaf, Locker, et al.), why would anyone opt to build a team around deep-throws as McBeane have done? 

According to that data, with the average number of plays-from-scrimmage being run in the mid-high 60s, and with an average of approx. 5 deep-throw attempts, again, “deep” being defined by a mere 20 yards, hardly requiring iconic arm-strength, this is easily fewer than 10% of plays, the vast majority of which fail. 

It is around 3% that succeed, again, 20+, not 40 or 50+, but even so. 

Wouldn’t it make far more sense to look for a QB that is far more capable of managing the other 90-some% of the game well. 

Just sayin’ as if, and since, it isn’t obvious to many, including so-called “experts” that make a more than handsome living in this business. 

As a sidenote, also not going unnoticed is that only 3 of those 10 teams have winning records. 

Because the chiefs ? 

On 11/15/2018 at 8:20 PM, John from Riverside said:

You type a lot for a whiner

Again, LOL, you type a lot for someone with almost no original/independent thoughts with largely only worn-out cliches to offer.

But hey, that's what forums are all about, right.

1 hour ago, TaskersGhost said:

Again, LOL, you type a lot for someone with almost no original/independent thoughts with largely only worn-out cliches to offer.

But hey, that's what forums are all about, right.

This was 4 days ago....you dont have anything else to do with your life then look up week old posts and retort?

Get a dog sir