Elton John Commercial

26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’ve said this a million times. This is the beauty of artists like this. Their work will be with us LONG after they’re gone. 

True.  But the highlight of Elton's concert to me was seeing just how much enjoyment HE took out of performing live.    He's a born performer and that element goes way beyond the music itself.

My wife, who's not into "deep thoughts" about stuff like this turned to me after the show and said "He'll never stop doing concerts.  He just loves it too much."   

Yes, he does...

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

True.  But the highlight of Elton's concert to me was seeing just how much enjoyment HE took out of performing live.    He's a born performer and that element goes way beyond the music itself.

My wife, who's not into "deep thoughts" about stuff like this turned to me after the show and said "He'll never stop doing concerts.  He just loves it too much."   

Yes, he does...

Good point. I love live shows. I almost only listen to live music now and attend a few shows a year. As most of you know I’m an Umphrey’s McGee groupie. Luckily they are 20 or so years younger than me so maybe I’ll die before they retire. 

Yeah I’m a ride the rail groupie. I didn’t get the “no white shirts” memo. 

34AE9EA8-2E3E-48C8-835C-74CDADCBDB49.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yes, he does...

Interesting thing to say on his "farewell" tour.   Sounds like he's hanging it up for a while to spend time with family.

That will last as long as he spends more time with his family :)

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh, I thought that was the ad firm (which makes it a bad commercial).

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Tumbleweed is one of the most under-rated albums of all time. But I respectfully disagree.......Madman Across the Water and Honky Chateau were excellent follow-ups.

i will respectfully accept your opinion there, i have no intent to listen to them ever again though...  :D

12 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

No worries there! I'm just happy someone acknowledged Tumbleweed Connection. Rare to find.

it was always in my life since the day it came out

one of those albums i guess I've purchased 5 or so times in various formats

EJ isn't promoting his badassery as a Confederate soldier or gun for hire recently?

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I can't figure out why he would debase himself like that - he's a living freaking legend.

How's he debasing himself?   That's was as sweet and thoughtful a commercial as you'll ever see.    Certainly like nothing that would ever play in the U.S...

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

How's he debasing himself?   That's was as sweet and thoughtful a commercial as you'll ever see.    Certainly like nothing that would ever play in the U.S...

He’s mostly been a fun and self deprecating interview all these years