Nobody wants to talk about this - but - the PUNKS - -

PUNT750

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

Dude, the violence in sports is NOTHING today compared to how it was in the 70s and 80s.  NOTHING.

I watched football & basketball in the 70's - 80's - - what are you talking about?  Legitimate hard hits were OK then.  Not continual taunting, cheap shots and then general lack of respect for the game.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

I watched football & basketball in the 70's - 80's - - what are you talking about?  Legitimate hard hits were OK then.  Not continual taunting, cheap shots and then general lack of respect for the game.

Really? Ever heard of Conrad Dobler...he played for the Bills.  

Edited by Skins Malone
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Using code words to hide racist content?

Why don't you take that racist garbage to reddit.  You SHOULD be banned.

Pretty racist of you to think that all punks are minorities.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Using code words to hide racist content?

Why don't you take that racist garbage to reddit.  You SHOULD be banned.

Coach, I tried but failed to see any racism in his post.

I too am seeing lots of folks who I consider to be "punks" in the news these days and a huge majority are white people wearing masks.  Does this mean that I am a racist?

Peace! :)

49 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Did you not watch the video ?   I know crying about racism is your thing but that guys definetly a punk 

The worst part (imo) is that he looked back to see if the ref was watching.

I wonder what his motive was. Seriously, has anyone explained that?

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Did you not watch the video ?   I know crying about racism is your thing but that guys definetly a punk 

This isn’t a Tyrod thread Ryan.  Surprised to see you here.

14 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Coach, I tried but failed to see any racism in his post.

I too am seeing lots of folks who I consider to be "punks" in the news these days and a huge majority are white people wearing masks.  Does this meal that I am a racist?

Peace! :)

The worst part (imo) is that he looked back to see if the ref was watching.

I wonder what his motive was. Seriously, has anyone explained that?

Bill, I’m referring to Shotgunner’s post and if you don’t see it, fix your glasses.

7 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

are taking over our sports!

Just recently Baylor & Iowa State had a major brawl. Punching, knee to the chest and more.

In NCAA basketball a disgusting deliberate foul is shown below.

Who wants to see this? Are the players themselves ruining our games??

https://youtu.be/aBUQv5XDVow

People are acting the same way they always have. It's nothing new, especially in the competitive world of sports 

You're simply seeing what you want to see. Creating your own narrative to describe your surroundings in a way that makes sense to you. You're getting old and the world's passing you by. 

No, it can't be. You can keep up. You're fine.

Everyone else is wrong. They don't fit. Why don't they straighten up.

Punks.

Clint01.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Rudy Tomjanovich's face says hi.

• Like (+1) 1

Good Gran Torino reference.  To think brawls are new maybe speaks to you’re age OP.  I don’t know, and not criticizing you, but remember Rene Robert beating an opponent into the stands through the plexiglass in the 70’s.

I agree it’s not right, but it is not new.  This is why hockey changed the rules b/c the fighting was getting out of hand in the 60’s-80’s.

To me it’s a lack of discipline.  I was a top competitor years ago, but my coach always told me lose you’re cool and they win.   I still believe this to be true and have drilled that into my sons.  My oldest is a phenomenal lax player, and when he would come to me after getting cheap shot, I would tell him, instead of hitting the guy for taking a stick to his neck, slip the guy next time and score.  That will drive him nuts. It’s why he was cheap in the first place.  Beat him with the game so badly the other team leaves humiliated.  That’s how you win.  That is why I always take the opposite when I read take Brady’s knee out.  No.  Sack him, force pressure, picks, and you’ll see how out of control he gets on the sideline.