McyD a coach of the year candidate?

Hebert19

Hi all, I am new to the board. 

I think that he still has the guys [laying hard even though they all know the season is a wash. It's more than I can say for the Jests. I am still unsure of McD but he has earned my respect for one more season. I am excited to see what we do with all that cap space and the draft picks. Definitely shouldn't be in the convo for coach of the year tho.

10 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

And San Diego. That was not a competitive game despite the final score.

McDermott does some things well, but this is just pure insanity from someone who clearly has no idea what they're doing.

Good call. I don’t know who the other guys on this podcast are but Chris Simms has proven himself to be...kinda dumb.

I wouldn't exactly say that McDermott is doing a bad job this year(besides the QB management), but no way he is even close to coach of the year.   

This is a rebuilding year, the team lost too many players from a playoff team that vastly overachieved, so very few people expected more than four to six wins which is about what Buffalo is on pace for.    McDermott is doing an adequate job and about what was expected.  His weak points are the QB situation and offseason decisions.    His strong points are the defense, the team remaining motivated and knowing when to play younger players such as Teller and Foster over Ducasse and Pryor.   I would give him something like a C+, but again, not coach of the year.  

Vontae Davis begs to differ with this assessment.  ?

Seriously, depends on the criteria used.

If the criteria is building a competitive roster and winning football games, he shouldn't even be in the conversation.  

But if the criteria is to build a team-oriented culture, he is right in there.  

He just needs to find a way to translate "team" culture into "winning" culture.  A better roster will help with that.

If his "Process" brings us back to the playoffs next year, he will be a media darling.  If we get loaded with draft picks and FAs and will still suck, he will probably be gone.

Edited by JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS
misspell