Nathan Peterman Again!

vorpma

11 hours ago, JackKemp said:

Dan Darragh was horrible. Dennis Shaw was not far behind him. 

Shaw was the 1970 AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year who had the misfortune to be drafted by the Bills in one of their epic stretches of uncompetitiveness.

Edited by SoTier

11 hours ago, JackKemp said:

Dan Darragh was horrible. Dennis Shaw was not far behind him. 

I obviously don't go as far back as you Jack. But I haven't seen a worse Quarterback make multiple starts in the NFL (for any team) and be as bad as Peterman. I remember a couple of comparably terrible 1 start guys.... but guys who have started multiple games... there is nobody I can think of who even compares.

13 hours ago, Miracle Bills said:

While Peterman was not good, quite a few of those interceptions were not his fault. Why the Bills stick with these bad receivers who cant catch and have no ability to get separation is beyond me.

We rolled out with a bad Quarterback throwing to bad receivers. Genius!

What always disturbed me was the fact that McDermott, who (hopefully) knows defense, couldn't see how easy it would be to gameplan against Peterman.  People joke "10 in the box!" but we really saw something similar.  There was simply no fear of using single coverage on receivers and selling out to stop the run with NP at QB.  It really jumps out on television how his throws simply float.  And how we would go to the well with that line of scrimmage/sideline pass that requires a laser or a dart, not a duck.  CBs were smacking their chops, ready to freelance that throw when it inevitably came.

Nice guy but thankfully this is over, for everyone involved.  I'm just in awe that it took so long to get there.  I really like/want to like McDermott/Beane but I do wonder... does McDermott learn from his mistakes?  If this season is a wash, then at least it's a growing opportunity for not just Allen and the youngsters, but McD as well.  But then I question:  does he disregard sage advice or is he in an echo chamber with people nodding their heads, saying "yeah Sean, you're right (again)".  His refusal to move on from Peterman was mind-boggling.  I understand that as this season went on, there was simply no choice, but there was ample time to cut bait previously.

Sorry for clubbing this horse, I just realized it had died.

3 hours ago, John in Jax said:

Not defending Peterman here, but a few of those Barkley bombs were just thrown up for grabs, and the Bills were damn lucky to have them turn into completions. IOW, there was no separation, and the balls were under thrown.

That's part of the game now though.  You have to push downfield and take advantage of the rules in place that give WR's a better shot than the corner on those plays, and for the possibility of pass interference.

13 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

No, 

He just single handily sacrificed this year due to his lack of talent.

Yes, the Bills are 3-7 because of Nathan Peterman. He is the one responsible for our offense scoring a  total of 11 points against the Colts, Patriots, and Packers. He must have been holding the clipboard wrong. ?

Edited by Miracle Bills

4 hours ago, John in Jax said:

Not defending Peterman here, but a few of those Barkley bombs were just thrown up for grabs, and the Bills were damn lucky to have them turn into completions. IOW, there was no separation, and the balls were under thrown.

He put the football where only his guy could catch it.  That's what they say  when Drew Brees or Tommy or Big Ben do it.  But when our guys do it luck?  OK.  Since when is pass like that lucky to have been caught?  Looked more like skill to me. 

The man had a really good game especially by Bills QB standards.  Why can't we just be happy with that?

16 hours ago, Miracle Bills said:

People read what Gruden said about him and just believed it, and I am guessing McDermott bought into the Gruden nonsense. McDermott then ruined any chance the kid had by basically trying to show everyone he was right about him and started him against the Ravens. Anyone could see Peterman lacked arm strength and was at best a backup QB.  If you draft a rookie and you only have a 2nd year 5th rounder as an alternative going into the season you really are just not thinking through important decisions. And now they continue to make poor decisions by keeping two veteran quarterbacks on the roster. You need a rookie and a veteran and maybe a project on the practice squad. That is it.

WTF?  You started another thread saying he could be like Alex Smith and become a good NFL player and his criticisms come out of racism...yet here you are saying this?  That he can’t be good, lacks arm strength, etc LMFAO

Are you bipolar?  

16 hours ago, Miracle Bills said:

And now they continue to make poor decisions by keeping two veteran quarterbacks on the roster. You need a rookie and a veteran and maybe a project on the practice squad. That is it.

I disagree here.  Barkley had a great game, but is very unproven.   Yeah he has been in the league for a few years, but would you really consider him a veteran in the same way that one might with Anderson, Tyrod, Fitz, Moore etc? If you look at Barkley's career TD/INT ratio before Sunday, it is not much better than what Peterman had.   Barkley had the advantage of catching a team that is falling apart on the seams off guard after not being announced that he would start until two days before.   He is still unproven and could have a meltdown game the next time he goes out there.   I actually think that keeping Anderson is taking a smart precaution that they did not do when cutting McCarron.

Edited by dgrochester55