Mike Tanier - The Decline of Tom Brady, Part XIV: This Time It's Really Happening

26CornerBlitz

Man would it be sweet to knock these puppies down to the 4th seed behind Pitt.  If not I'm hoping Baltimore or Indy go in as the 6th seed, go up to Foxboro and take them out. Indy's D played well today and is up to the task. Baltimore too. A good D can neuter the Pats. Gronk seems to be on his last legs. Brady is in decline. The run game is still finding it's legs.  Edelman and Gordon need to be held in check with pressure on Mrs. Tom and it's time to take them down.

18 minutes ago, mrags said:

That might be ok. But I really want him and the rest of the Pats fans to suffer. I want a serious franchise crushing year out of him. I don’t want him to make the playoffs. I don’t want him to finish the year and I want him to be healthy but just really bad. It adds to the heartbreak for their super classy fans I think. 

Trust me, I get it.  In a perfect world Robert Kraft has signed some legal document in a drunken stupor that guarantees Brady the starting job for as long as he wants it and the combination of Brady's hubris and kale smoothie zombified brain has him convinced that can play until 60. 

The cherry on top would be if, as final fulfillment of his contract upon collection of his soul, the personal hell that Belichick's relegated to turns out to be that he's obligated to coach the team until Brady retires AND for every hour he spends in a day that is coaching related he's required to spend an equal amount of time in front of the media. 

This should guarantee that not only is their legacy tarnished, but the next 20 years of absolutely awful football should completely obliterate the last 20 years from Patriots*** fans' memory, especially with how quickly they're known to jump off a bandwagon.

5 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Sadly they are still in good shape and poised to go 11-5 and win the AFC East. Things will change when Brady retires but sadly they are going to be the team to beat until Brady retires.

Unless JA continues to improve  Then we take them before then.

2 hours ago, TuelTime said:

I agree. That throw was indicative of a QB who is scared to take a hit. In days past he would've waited longer for the play to develop and taken the hit in order to complete the pass, but I think he is one good hit away from retirement.

Hopefully we retire him next week

Watched the game last night.  Brady still looks good.  The issue I saw was more about the depth and age of their secondary and lack of a pass rush.

Additionally, their offensive scheme will only work in New Englad.  If Mcdaniels goes anywhere else and tries to run that amount of pick routes he will be called on it play after play.  It's amazing to watch them not get called on it.

5 hours ago, transient said:

Trust me, I get it.  In a perfect world Robert Kraft has signed some legal document in a drunken stupor that guarantees Brady the starting job for as long as he wants it and the combination of Brady's hubris and kale smoothie zombified brain has him convinced that can play until 60. 

The cherry on top would be if, as final fulfillment of his contract upon collection of his soul, the personal hell that Belichick's relegated to turns out to be that he's obligated to coach the team until Brady retires AND for every hour he spends in a day that is coaching related he's required to spend an equal amount of time in front of the media. 

This should guarantee that not only is their legacy tarnished, but the next 20 years of absolutely awful football should completely obliterate the last 20 years from Patriots*** fans' memory, especially with how quickly they're known to jump off a bandwagon.

This is what I want. 

Just now, row_33 said:

9-5 and coasting to a division title in an off year

stats are worth about 25% maximum in a 3 digit IQ assessment....

What is the IQ assessment for not realizing 9-5 is below their usual lofty standard that gives them home field advantage in the playoffs along with a 1st round bye?  ;)

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Sadly they are still in good shape and poised to go 11-5 and win the AFC East. Things will change when Brady retires but sadly they are going to be the team to beat until Brady retires.

I respectfully disagree- Brady is beginning to deteriorate. Sure, he may have games that are above average and some flashes of greatness- but all in all many people have the same assessment as I do. I hope he plays another 5 years and we watch him turn into a shell of his former self.

12 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I respectfully disagree- Brady is beginning to deteriorate. Sure, he may have games that are above average and some flashes of greatness- but all in all many people have the same assessment as I do. I hope he plays another 5 years and we watch him turn into a shell of his former self.

you've been telling us he is deteriorating for HOW MANY YEARS?

NO, IT"S SERIOUS THIS TIME!!

(LOL)