Mike Tanier - The Decline of Tom Brady, Part XIV: This Time It's Really Happening

26CornerBlitz

I heard that the orphanage burned down that was his pipeline for babies to sacrifice to Lord Satan. Once Sully from Quincy finally comes through with his hospital nursery keycard TB12 will be back in business!

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Haha (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Yeah, that's because Kelly wasn't protected liked this fluller nutter Brady---starting with the tuck rule. How many times did the announcers used to bring up the fact that Paterno wanted Kelly to be a linebacker at Penn State & he was tough as nails---well the refs bought into this narrative & used to let Jimbo get creamed with late hits. This pounding led to a shoulder injury one year & shortened Jimbo's career.

Ah, those were very different times and rules. I wish Brady had seen more of that, then maybe we’d have seen less whining from him over the years. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I remember reading an article a few years ago where they analyzed the productivity of all of the great quarterbacks at the end of their careers. The point was that some last longer than others; however, for almost all of them, when they did eventually decline, the decline went very quickly. It will be interesting to see what happens with Brady over the next season.

That is how it feels to me. It’s there.....then it’s not. Some stretch it out with a slow decline, but it’s not uncommon to just drop off a cliff. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Yeah, we should hope he really does play until he’s 45, but looks like Kelly did at the end the whole time! When that arm went, I remember wishing Kelly would just sit down. Maybe he didn’t eat as much avocado ice cream as Brady, but it won’t last forever. 

Was that Belichick sticking it to Kraft when they traded Jimmy, and for so little? 

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...forced by Jimmy's potential tariff?.....Kraft interfering?.......can you clarify?............

The rumors were Kraft didn't want to move on from Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

19 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

thanks bud.....maybe the 76 year old's 38 year old girlfriend clouded his judgment......was she "digging"  for 18 or 24 carat?......

2 hours ago, ocemur said:

It's got to happen sooner or later. The best thing for the Pats is Tawmy walks away at the end of this year, or before his skills really go, whenever that is. The best thing for us is if he hangs on, steadily getting worse and worse until it turns into a lost season or two, a complete soap opera and finally a tear filled retirement press conference.  

Too bad we let Peterman go, could have traded him their for a 2nd.

I'll withhold judgement till after the season. Brady has off games sometimes, and when he does there are always threads like these quick to point it out.

And then every single time he makes a fool of everyone.

So no, I do not believe Brady has lost a step, that his age has caught up to him, that his arm has lost strength, etc. I'll reevaluate after all the games are done.

I think this is the beginning of the end for Brady for sure.  A week off this week, the rest will do him good and help heal some of the aches and pains..so he may come back with 1 or 2 stellar games, but he already is not who he was in the past.

You don't just have to look at numbers either, you can see it with your own eyes.  I mentioned a week or two ago I thought this time it was real..his downturn.  He's throwing less and less deep balls, and they are fluttering more.  His short and medium outs, even the ones that are complete, are not on the numbers anymore (half the time the receives are jumping, bending, or reaching back for them in a way they haven't in the past.  And while NO QB likes pressure, I think this year is the year I am seeing him throw the ball away or just give up on plays sooner than ever when the rush gets near him, he is even starting to show signs of feeling a 'phantom rush'.

All that stuff has been going on for most of the year..its' not just one or two games.  So is he "DONE"?  not yet...but it is in sight.  The Pats still have an above average QB in him that has the ability to pull out a few more 'great' games....but the days of him carrying this team on his back game after game after game are ending very soon.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Looper said:

They're all done this year - Brady, Gronk & Belichick. 

I hope not. I hope that he actually HAS declined but they try to keep the band together for a few more years, getting stomped badly in the process.

Going out on a high note is unacceptable.

• Like (+1) 4