Mike Tanier - The Decline of Tom Brady, Part XIV: This Time It's Really Happening

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

What's funny is that I feel like quite a few Bills fans will be rooting for the Patriots this weekend.

Not only do I want the Chiefs to win, I expect them to win. NE is 3-5 on the road this season and has looked very different away from Foxborough. This is Andy's year.

Its a lose lose.  If Pats win, we will all hate it.  If Chiefs win, this board will be impossible to be around the entire off season.  

GO NFC!!!!  

The Chargers walked into it badly.

They did the very worst thing they could possibly do: let NE run the ball down their throats and give Brady the cheap throws. That's the literal opposite of what every team that beat NE this season did.

7 DBs all game long against a run-first team? Brutal 

He looked like crap yesterday. Chargers didn’t play the run. It’s just the opposite now to beat the Pats.

play the run, jam receivers at the line and play everything tight within 8 yards. I’m not a DC but anyone worth his salt should see how to stop the Pats O. Brady has lost accuracy when trying to throw with velocity. Brady also can not throw the deep ball anymore. Not sure the Chiefs have the D to expose him. I think Mahomes will out score him. Pats getting crushed this weekend. 

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

They did the very worst thing they could possibly do: let NE run the ball down their throats and give Brady the cheap throws. That's the literal opposite of what every team that beat NE this season did.

And with all those DB’s, you would have thought that the WR’s wouldn’t all be wide open as well...

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He looked like crap yesterday. Chargers didn’t play the run. It’s just the opposite now to beat the Pats.

play the run, jam receivers at the line and play everything tight within 8 yards. I’m not a DC but anyone worth his salt should see how to stop the Pats O. Brady has lost accuracy when trying to throw with velocity. Brady also can not throw the deep ball anymore. Not sure the Chiefs have the D to expose him. I think Mahomes will out score him. Pats getting crushed this weekend. 

He had a couple of 15-20 yarders spot on and on a rope yesterday.....I expect NE to lose in KC but IMO, no one is getting crushed.....Belichick, McDaniels and Brady are too savvy for that to happen in the playoffs.....I remember only 1 game in 18 years where they got crushed in the playoffs......vs Baltimore....what a glorious day....

Edited by Iron Maiden

13 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

And with all those DB’s, you would have thought that the WR’s wouldn’t all be wide open as well...

Stupid soft zone garbage.

NE doesn't have a WR that can reliably beat man coverage, so naturally it makes sense to play zone all game

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If the Chargers would have changed their defense to fewer DBs BB would have altered the offense to take advantage of it. I'm sure the Chargers didn't believe that the Pats OL could have so easily handled their DL. The Pats won at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball in this game. I've seen the Pats play less than stellar on both sides of the line this season. When the playoffs start their coaching usually outshines the opposition coaching. 

17 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

He had a couple of 15-20 yarders spot on and on a rope yesterday.....I expect NE to lose in KC but IMO, no one is getting crushed.....Belichick, McDaniels and Brady are too savvy for that to happen in the playoffs.....I remember only 1 game in 18 years where they got crushed in the playoffs......vs Baltimore....what a glorious day....

I didn’t see any 15-20 yard ropes. If you say they happened I will believe you.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

29 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The Bills built up the perfect secondary to beat the NE of 2 years ago, lots of quality coverage safeties and a lanky coverage linebacker who can shadow those tight ends.... then they go and run over us with their running game.

It's like they watch film and figure out what your team sucks at.

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

The Bills built up the perfect secondary to beat the NE of 2 years ago, lots of quality coverage safeties and a lanky coverage linebacker who can shadow those tight ends.... then they go and run over us with their running game.

It's like they watch film and figure out what your team sucks at.

That's precisely what they do, and it's exactly what the Chargers didn't do.

Brady isn't the Brady that he was even 2 years ago, but he can still pick you apart if you give him the easy short stuff. Make him throw the ball over your head.

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yeah I'm never buying into this again.

The NE dynasty is never going to end and they will win Super Bowl #6 and their obnoxious fans will be rubbing it into the faces of all of us "haterZ"

I'll bet this super bowl title is going to feel better  for then than any one but the first and maybe Atlanta

Hopefully KC runs man.  They dont need to blitz Brady as most teams do.  They have the ability to out score them.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its a lose lose.  If Pats win, we will all hate it.  If Chiefs win, this board will be impossible to be around the entire off season.  

GO NFC!!!!  

Ha. I can walk and chew gum at the same time. I enjoy watching Mahomes play yet don't hold it against the Bills for passing on him. I don't think they were prepared to make that kind of decision. It's unfortunate, (IMO), but it is what it is. Also a fan of Reid living in Delaware(30 minutes from Philly) during many of his Eagles' years. He's dealt with a lot of stuff(death of his son) and I just feel like he deserves it. Hell of a coach. 

If Allen develops into an above average to elite quarterback, the Mahomes thing will lose a lot of steam.

Either way, I'll be rooting for the Chiefs and against the Pats.

Edited by LSHMEAB

20 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Ha. I can walk and chew gum at the same time. I enjoy watching Mahomes play yet don't hold it against the Bills for passing on him. I don't think they were prepared to make that kind of decision. It's unfortunate, (IMO), but it is what it is. Also a fan of Reid living in Delaware(30 minutes from Philly) during many of his Eagles' years. He's dealt with a lot of stuff(death of his son) and I just feel like he deserves it. Hell of a coach. 

If Allen develops into an above average to elite quarterback, the Mahomes thing will lose a lot of steam.

Either way, I'll be rooting for the Chiefs and against the Pats.

Yeah I will certainly be rooting for Chiefs too, but not in the SB Ha.  Rams are my 2nd team and I’ve always been a big fan of Brees too.  So I am all NFC this year.  

Although I have nothing against KC at all, enjoy watching them and was always a fan of Sammy, but some people I fear will make this board unbearable if they win lol.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If the Chargers would have changed their defense to fewer DBs BB would have altered the offense to take advantage of it. I'm sure the Chargers didn't believe that the Pats OL could have so easily handled their DL. The Pats won at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball in this game. I've seen the Pats play less than stellar on both sides of the line this season. When the playoffs start their coaching usually outshines the opposition coaching. 

This is my take, when NE is winning at the LOS and running over your defensive front, teams like the Bills end up having to commit their linebackers and safeties to stopping the run, which opens up play action and the dinks and dunks to their TE's or receivers out of the slot or running drag routes behind them.

Playing zone or just putting 7 DBs out there wont get it done, you absolutely have to win the LOS battle and have solid linebackers or you are not going to get them off the field.

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

What's funny is that I feel like quite a few Bills fans will be rooting for the Patriots this weekend.

Not only do I want the Chiefs to win, I expect them to win. NE is 3-5 on the road this season and has looked very different away from Foxborough. This is Andy's year.

I don't know why any Bills fan would be rooting for the Pats* other than to wallow in their own self-loathing. That said, I'd like to think that KC will win this game but betting against Bill Belichick and with Andy Reid in a big game is a fool's errand. If the Chiefs win it, it will be because of a herculean effort by Mahomes and despite Reid's best efforts to bumble it away. I'll believe that the Pats* are done when someone drives a stake thru their cold, black hearts.

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

I don't know why any Bills fan would be rooting for the Pats* other than to wallow in their own self-loathing. That said, I'd like to think that KC will win this game but betting against Bill Belichick and with Andy Reid in a big game is a fool's errand. If the Chiefs win it, it will be because of a herculean effort by Mahomes and despite Reid's best efforts to bumble it away. I'll believe that the Pats* are done when someone drives a stake thru their cold, black hearts.

Some people hate Mahomes more than they hate the Patriots IMO.