Mike Tanier - The Decline of Tom Brady, Part XIV: This Time It's Really Happening

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Is there any light on what happened/when the MCL tear could've occurred? Also, haven't looked into it at all, but wouldn't this be a violation of league rules if the Pats don't list him on their injury report (provided they know about MCL)? At last check, Brady is not on the report at all. Just wondering aloud

They think it happened in the Minnesota game.. but all speculation by “unnamed” sources.. so take it for what it’s worth.  Who knows I wouldn’t be shocked if he didnsupposedly it’s the same kneee he had the ACL tear in in 08

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I'm reading this and hating myself for feeling like I'm going to miss Brady. It's not that I want to see them go out on top, but he's been such a fixture that the NFL just won't be the same without him. It's certainly not that I feel bad for him personally as he's got the world by the balls. Just a weird feeling I find myself with.

I do believe this is the last season the Pats have a chance to win anything and that's a stretch. It's over.

I believe what you are feeling might be something along the lines of Stockholm Syndrome <sigh>. Fight it! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

They think it happened in the Minnesota game.. but all speculation by “unnamed” sources.. so take it for what it’s worth.  Who knows I wouldn’t be shocked if he didnsupposedly it’s the same kneee he had the ACL tear in in 08

....be wary.....Alex Guerrero will concoct a magic potion..........stay tuned.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I'm reading this and hating myself for feeling like I'm going to miss Brady. It's not that I want to see them go out on top, but he's been such a fixture that the NFL just won't be the same without him.

Just like Europe wasn't the same without Hitler...

• Haha (+1) 3

Brady 'Not Getting into Specifics' on Knee Injury

The New England Patriots' passing offense had its worst day in years.

Tom Brady threw for a paltry 126 passing yards as the Patriots leaned on the ground game to gallop over the Buffalo Bills. New England rushed for 273 yards on 47 combined attempts.

The passing game, however, seems a concern. Brady's 126 pass yards Sunday were fewest pass yards in a game since Week 17, 2014 versus Buffalo, when TB12 played just one half and attempted only 16 passes. Brady completed just 54.2 percent of his 24 pass attempts, marking the third time this season he's been below the 55 percent completion mark.

After the 24-12 victory, coach Bill Belichick noted that the passing game could have been better, but mostly shrugged at making an assertion about the offense.

"Well, I think overall, our passing game will be better, could be better, but we ran the ball well and that offset it," he said. "Some days it's the running game, some days it's the passing game. We'll see what happens next week, but I have a lot of confidence in our quarterback, our receivers, our offensive line, our protection. When we need to throw, hopefully we'll be able to throw if we have to. If we need to run it, hopefully we'll be able to run."

On Monday morning, in his weekly hit on WEEI Radio, Brady added "There were certainly some plays we could have executed better," via NFL Network's Mike Giardi.

Part of the issue for the Patriots pass attack is the dwindling receiving corps. With Josh Gordon suspended and Rob Gronkowski playing with a piano on his back, the Pats have few receivers who can get open.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

18 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Anyone still want to tell me that the Pats aren't a run-first team?

Stop the run, stop NE

I thought it was put pressure on him

Oh wait, now stop the run

how about the Pats come out and jab the first two series and see what will work and then adjust on the spot to exploit it?

15 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Brady is not the same guy.  Missed guys wide open, felt pressure quickly. Imo NE doeant have the defense to win in the playoffs. 

I agree, but you’d never know it by watching the idiots on NFLN. They’re talking up the Pats *upcoming run in the playoffs, showing clips of their exploits vs the mighty Bills. Don’t you know, the Patsies are back? See, they clobbered the Bills ! The bozos then proceeded to downplay every other AFC team , forgetting to mention that NE had lost two in a row going into the get-well contest against their AFCE chumps. It’s tough being an NFL fan trying to watch NFLN. It’s all Patriots all the time over there. Don’t they realize there will be 11 other teams in the tournament ?