Mike Tanier - The Decline of Tom Brady, Part XIV: This Time It's Really Happening

26CornerBlitz

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

He looks very average 

I still think he looks good, better than average. But, the difference between good and great is he is making those mistakes now more often than he did.

The next month or so will be really interesting. If his play doesn't get any better (maybe even gets a tad worse) AND the Pats don't go far in the playoffs because of it....I want to hear what the discussion will be like all summer about what to expect from him next year.

I said in another thread today....even if he does come back, I think the division title is open game for the other 3 teams.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/14/2018 at 4:34 PM, I am the egg man said:

That be awesome. But it be more salt in a wound for Bills fans than Brady ever rubbed in.

The thought of Sean McDermott, "The Bills coach who passed on Mahomes" will sting near as much as "wide right' should Mahomes win a SB.

Especially if McDermott is still clapping away on the Bills sideline as Mahomes wins it all.

Perhaps we can give this "passed on Mahomes" bit a rest?  How many coaches and GMs passed on Brady, a number of times?  Yes, they still regret it but have moved on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He looks the same as ever to me. One of the most accurate within 10 yards, but shaky beyond that. I think the Patriots’ window in general is closing more than Brady’s window. Teams look like they are finally catching on to the smoke and mirrors of the Patriots offense that omits downfield throws. I mean it took long enough, right?

Their talent pool is running thin (compared to years past). Guys like Gronk and Edelman don’t have much left and their defense is a far cry from what it was in their early run. They lack the guys that always seem to make a play when the team needs one.

Brady's ability to understand and read any situation on offense and to act accordingly is probably still his best attribute at QB. His accuracy is still very good but nowhere near what it was even 2 years ago. Whats most amazing to me is that he can still avoid the sacks and get rid of the ball. He looks so awkward out there. He looks almost like an arthritic grandpa sometimes as he tries to shimmy out of the pass rush.  Its still ridiculous that he is still playing let alone at that high level. The worse possible luck for Bills fans that he ended up in our division when he was drafted. But the end has to be coming soon. I don't know what he still has to play for.

2 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

My hope of hopes is that we are this years Bears next season. Catch an upswing with a young QB and good D as the division comes into play for the first time in 20 years. 

Similarly to that thinking I hope Brady comes back and the wheels really fall off next season. I mean so bad that he is benched next year. I want him to feel pain not only physically but mentally as wel. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I think he is done. 

He was my fantasy quarterback this year... yuck.. 

anyways I watched a lot more pat games than I prefer, and he’s looked lost quite a bit. 

The Lions ruined him on a Monday night game, the titans made him look pathetic.. 

He has weapons, tons of them. He can’t get the ball to them consistently. 

They have had success this year as a run team. When Michel is gashing teams sprinkled with James white they were effective. Brady’s passes to receivers and tight ends are terrible this year, a majority of his yards and touchdowns were from dump offs to white which seems to have fully disappeared. 

He might not be “done” yet, but I bet the conversation in New England for his replacement is ramping up bigtime. 

That pick today to Haden sums up a lot. You don’t see the G.O.A.T make stupid throws like that. Years past he throws it out of bounds or purposely just intentional grounds it to avoid a hit. Father Time has arrived. They can still make a run this year if their run game can be effective 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think he is done. 

He was my fantasy quarterback this year... yuck.. 

anyways I watched a lot more pat games than I prefer, and he’s looked lost quite a bit. 

The Lions ruined him on a Monday night game, the titans made him look pathetic.. 

He has weapons, tons of them. He can’t get the ball to them consistently. 

They have had success this year as a run team. When Michel is gashing teams sprinkled with James white they were effective. Brady’s passes to receivers and tight ends are terrible this year, a majority of his yards and touchdowns were from dump offs to white which seems to have fully disappeared. 

He might not be “done” yet, but I bet the conversation in New England for his replacement is ramping up bigtime. 

That pick today to Haden sums up a lot. You don’t see the G.O.A.T make stupid throws like that. Years past he throws it out of bounds or purposely just intentional grounds it to avoid a hit. Father Time has arrived. They can still make a run this year if their run game can be effective 

I agree. That throw was indicative of a QB who is scared to take a hit. In days past he would've waited longer for the play to develop and taken the hit in order to complete the pass, but I think he is one good hit away from retirement.

Edited by TuelTime

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

They are just fine heading into the AFC playoffs

They'll probably win the AFC East, but most likely will not be the #1 seed.  Doubt NE makes it to the SB, they're not the same team as years past.  I don't see them going to LA and beating the Chargers, assuming they meet.

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Perhaps we can give this "passed on Mahomes" bit a rest?  How many coaches and GMs passed on Brady, a number of times?  Yes, they still regret it but have moved on.

Amen.  The Bengals took john ross over Mahomes they don't whine about it.   Neither do the 8 other teams that passed on him.   Draft hindsight is ridiculous.  We passed on Brady, Rogers, Brees, Russell Wilson and more.  Its ok people, let it go.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

I still think he looks good, better than average. But, the difference between good and great is he is making those mistakes now more often than he did.

The next month or so will be really interesting. If his play doesn't get any better (maybe even gets a tad worse) AND the Pats don't go far in the playoffs because of it....I want to hear what the discussion will be like all summer about what to expect from him next year.

I said in another thread today....even if he does come back, I think the division title is open game for the other 3 teams.

I hope he comes back next year so we can pound him into retirement and win the division! I agree- maybe a lil above average but just not great anymore which is what allowed the pats their continued success.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not sure if Tom Brady is on a decline or the Pats O is just to predictable with the way they use the RBs. When Sony is on the field they run, when he isn’t they pass. They may mix it up a couple times a game but it’s very little. 

47 minutes ago, mrags said:

Similarly to that thinking I hope Brady comes back and the wheels really fall off next season. I mean so bad that he is benched next year. I want him to feel pain not only physically but mentally as wel. 

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I hope he comes back next year so we can pound him into retirement and win the division! I agree- maybe a lil above average but just not great anymore which is what allowed the pats their continued success.

I'd settle for a career ending sprained vajajay after throwing a garbage time interception in a blowout loss to the Bills in Foxoboro next week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, transient said:

I'd settle for a career ending sprained vajajay after throwing a garbage time interception in a blowout loss to the Bills in Foxoboro next week.

That might be ok. But I really want him and the rest of the Pats fans to suffer. I want a serious franchise crushing year out of him. I don’t want him to make the playoffs. I don’t want him to finish the year and I want him to be healthy but just really bad. It adds to the heartbreak for their super classy fans I think. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2