Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson to a 1-Year Deal

26CornerBlitz

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....baffler is that between Robiskie (37 years as WR Coach and apparently respected throughout the league) and Culley, despite his QB Coach label, has been more in tune as a WR Coach for his 25 years, how can we possibly have receivers that can't run routes?.....and doesn't it appear that Foster should be in good coaching hands with 62 years combined at that coaching position?....did I miss the memo (AGAIN)?.........

Foster must just be a slow learner or something, because he clearly learned nothing at Alabama for four years either. But he's an explosive athlete and I feel like he will get there. I'd love to bring in Stevie Johnson to be his personal coach and show him how develop some of that route running swagger. Honestly, I didn't realize he was 6-2. I'm excited to watch him develop, hopefully he does. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

I hope they keep him longer than just the rest of the year. He gives full effort on every snap.

That's a great point.  Sometimes it's hard to understand the merits of 1 year deals.  From the Bills standpoint, that says they don't necessarily want him back?  In this case they are familiar with the player and you'd think they'd offer him another year if they think he can contribute next year.  Otherwise they have to compete for him when the season is over.  From the player standpoint would he turn down a reasonable offer (if one was made) for the 2nd year or is he confident that he'll be in demand as a FA? 

This one seems like another year may have made sense for both teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

kick return yards are great but if I had to choose between the two.  I take 100+ yards on 3 receptions but, like i said they need to be consistent.

Personally, I'm just relieved that we got some speed on offense.  Both are fast and their output accounted for a significant amount of yardage. Not saying one guy is better than the other. Just glad these guys showed up and produced.

Edited by Rockinon

Third time is a charm. He and O'leary were some of my favorite grit players on last year's squad. The offense has been lacking that outside of Ivory and Allen.

When you see KB's effort, then see Nick or DT ball out to their best every play, it's not hard to understand why some people like guys like Nick and DT.

PS some speed outside like Thompson and Foster may help Josh Allen. Replaceable, yes, but an incremental improvement that plays to your QB strengths, yes.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

I think there are 7 WRs on the roster now.  That's a pretty high number for a team that professes to seek balance in their offense.  Not being critical, but I wonder what it means.  Are the Bills going to shift their emphasis or is a holdover WR in danger of being cut.  The Bills sure have gotten a lot faster at the position in a very short time.

43 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

New offense for him to learn.. Gonna be tough to get much production out of him.  

Its not rocket science. We started a qb with like 5 minutes of practice time.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

I think there are 7 WRs on the roster now.  That's a pretty high number for a team that professes to seek balance in their offense.  Not being critical, but I wonder what it means.  Are the Bills going to shift their emphasis or is a holdover WR in danger of being cut.  The Bills sure have gotten a lot faster at the position in a very short time.

I believe it means they realize they’ve messed up the position and have come around to the “let’s at least throw things against the wall til SOMETHING sticks” approach 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

gee i wonder who the odd man out will be ...

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Maybe McBeane brought him back after it was pointed out that he was the last Bill with 100 yds receiving in a game before Robert Foster this week? Now we can light some real dynamite vertically with both on the field at the same time stretching that D coverage unit?

The Bills wanted him back in the offseason, but he decided to sign with the Cowboys. 

• Like (+1) 1