Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson to a 1-Year Deal

26CornerBlitz

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Wow.  We ROASTED this guy after the playoff game against the Jagoffs.  His dropped passes and the holding penalty on LeShady's massive run were big reasons we didn't win that playoff game.  I'm not glad to see him back.

LOL....this guy actually does catch the ball and get open even if he does have some drops

A very good aquisition for this time of year

52 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Signed McKenzie, released and brought Foster back up, cut Pryor, brought back DT (yay!)...pattern?

Opinionated speculation: so is it safe to say our coaching staff thinks the issue with the corps was lack of speed? Certainly makes sense in terms of getting separation - but is this the [best] approach to helping Allen develop? I know a few points were made, and I've agreed with, that we should be getting receivers with large catch radii (a KB who can complete a catch, N'Keal Harry, etc.) to help with Allen's inaccuracy issues. No reason we can't have both, but seems like the priority here is being given to speed over physical receivers with high completion probability in a contested catch.

You've got an odd writing style that's sometimes difficult to decipher, but I like the way you think.

If Allen is gonna be the guy, it makes a lot of sense to focus on receivers with greater catch radii. That being said, I wouldn't want to pass up a better player on that basis alone. That's short term thinking. Marquis Brown will end up being the best receiver in this draft IMO. I'm fine with them taking catch radii into account, but wouldn't be fine if that was a determining factor.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

With the way he is playing that wouldn’t be far fetched 

For a guy who’s specialty was supposed to be bodying corners and snatching the ball out of the air he sure plays like he’s 5’11 180

I was hoping we were getting a dog. We got a 6’5 250 pussycat

Seems like when he gets his hands on the ball he doesn't bring it into his body quick enough & the defender knocks it out.

37 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Someone on here called this, well played whoever it was. I'd much rather have him on the roster, for the sake of Allen's development, than I would Pryor.

honestly, Juice, about 1/3 of us were disappointed when we didn't retain him, and the same 1/3 wanted him signed when he came available.

However, yes, someone didn't actually bring it up very recently.

55 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Yeah, gotta agree with that...

But I don't think it will take much to "carve out a role". Our WR room is so barren that I can't imagine that even next year there are 5 better receivers on the roster.

Obviously he has to do something, I just don't think it's much. McKenzie and Zay are the only two so far that have done anything to justify their spot imo. 

Foster did more than McKenzie.

Dang if that # 10 aint gettin worn out this year.... 

Whats the record for most players to wear the same number on one team from September to December?

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Image result for tom jones what's new pussycat gif

Steve Martin did it better.

Edited by whatdrought

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Now you're catching on.

If you're gonna be bad, be historically bad. Try as they may, no one will ever duplicate the PeterMan's level of ineptitude. 

The man is a living legend.

Actually, Jeff Tuel was as bad, but he got a relative quick hook, Marrone was more impatient.

20 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bills must have watched the tape and determined that the team needed more speed on the field. 

Murphy playing some, McKenzie, Foster, Thompson, all are moves aimed in that direction.

Actually, the criticism of the broadcast team for the Chicago game was very pointed in this regard.....maybe they got the idea there.

48 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I don’t understand why they waited so  long to make these moves.

They took a swipe at mcKenzie earlier, but the Broncos called him to the active roster. When DEN demoted him again, the Bills swept in. Thompson just got released, Barkley just got healthy.  Foster has been on the PS and finally got his game right, so they called him up. Pryor was brought in as soon as he was free. The Bills have been active for awhile, but I think it took Barkley to make them realize that the game plan could work with an NFL caliber QB. 

• Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You've got an odd writing style that's sometimes difficult to decipher, but I like the way you think.

If Allen is gonna be the guy, it makes a lot of sense to focus on receivers with greater catch radii. That being said, I wouldn't want to pass up a better player on that basis alone. That's short term thinking. Marquis Brown will end up being the best receiver in this draft IMO. I'm fine with them taking catch radii into account, but wouldn't be fine if that was a determining factor.

I def need to look more into Brown and the other WRs - admittedly I've only really focused on Harry and AJ from early rumors they would be the top of the draft. I also focused on them as they seemed to fit our offenses needs more so at WR, in my mind. Clearly I was of the impression that adding size and receivers with a large catch radius would be best to combat Allen's accuracy issues, but targeting the speed guys like we have is something I didn't initially consider.

Part of me is creating this idyllic narrative in my head of us drafting Harry and watching him and Allen become Kelly Reed 2.0 and becoming one of the best duos in the league. Pipe dream...I know

9 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

I def need to look more into Brown and the other WRs - admittedly I've only really focused on Harry and AJ from early rumors they would be the top of the draft. I also focused on them as they seemed to fit our offenses needs more so at WR, in my mind. Clearly I was of the impression that adding size and receivers with a large catch radius would be best to combat Allen's accuracy issues, but targeting the speed guys like we have is something I didn't initially consider.

Part of me is creating this idyllic narrative in my head of us drafting Harry and watching him and Allen become Kelly Reed 2.0 and becoming one of the best duos in the league. Pipe dream...I know

You never know! I'm an Allen skeptic, but I'm not opposed to pairing him with a guy like Harry if they view him as roughly equal to a Brown. My only gripe would be if they reached. Let's say they view Brown as an 84 and Harry as an 82. I wouldn't have a problem taking Harry. If it's more like an 8 point gap, it would be a mistake.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You never know! I'm an Allen skeptic, but I'm not opposed to pairing him with a guy like Harry if they view him as roughly equal to a Brown. My only gripe would be if they reached. Let's say they view Brown as an 84 and Harry as an 82. I wouldn't have a problem taking Harry. If it's more like an 8 point gap, it would be a mistake.

Not like we haven't done that before...in all honesty, I'm coming around to the idea of drafting Little with our 1st and getting a WR in the 2nd as that pick will likely be around the 37th ish area. I'm high on Harry for now, but wouldn't mind us landing a top WR talent in the 2nd at all.