Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson to a 1-Year Deal

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Not this year!

Bills love picking up the scrap!

not this year ? cannot argue that point,

Scrap. still watching the method develop. Lets see how they spend and draft next season.

wait and see for me : )

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

not this year ? cannot argue that point,

Scrap. still watching the method develop. Lets see how they spend and draft next season.

wait and see for me : )

Yup, but I just find that this big Signing Deonte is a joke.  I liked him last year cuz he was a surprise, but then in the playoffs against the Jags he shown why he's just a JAG ( Just another guy )

Oh well, lets hope Allen has some good games.

Next year...sad really. Life can come and go in a blink of an eye.

Edited by KW95

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:18 AM, KW95 said:

And dropping a few passes in crucial moments...JAGS PLAYOFFS!

Never ceases to amaze me how we love the scrap of other teams.

and he comes thru big time against JAX again with a drop based on dumb play. he shoulda grabbed that with his hands instead of catching(dropping) it against his body.

-He does get open ..but is not at all a smart player

Edited by Tcali

I'm going to judge him on his play in last year's playoff game, where his drops and holding penalty on LeShady's long run were big reasons why we lost the game.  He did the same thing yesterday, dropping the long pass and not breaking off his route when the Jagoffs blitzed on 3rd and 14 in the 4th quarter.  Josh read the blitz, and threw a perfect ball to the sticks, but DT was still running upfield, oblivious to the blitz.  As much as I'm not an Andre Holmes fan, he deserved to be on the field more than DT.  Just glad DT's mistakes yesterday didn't cost us the game.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm going to judge him on his play in last year's playoff game, where his drops and holding penalty on LeShady's long run were big reasons why we lost the game.  He did the same thing yesterday, dropping the long pass and not breaking off his route when the Jagoffs blitzed on 3rd and 14 in the 4th quarter.  Josh read the blitz, and threw a perfect ball to the sticks, but DT was still running upfield, oblivious to the blitz.  As much as I'm not an Andre Holmes fan, he deserved to be on the field more than DT.  Just glad DT's mistakes yesterday didn't cost us the game.

GREAT point here. And it’s why DT and others like him can’t stick on a team for very long it seems. The world is littered with athletic specimens of WRs who have little concept of the pass game design; of why certain route combinations are run at certain times against certain D personnel, of why it’s important to complete your routes whether you’re the primary or not, of the huge importance of recognizing your hot reads. In short, if you don’t get the WHY of it all, you have little chance to stick in this league, regardless of the occasional amazing big play. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

GREAT point here. And it’s why DT and others like him can’t stick on a team for very long it seems. The world is littered with athletic specimens of WRs who have little concept of the pass game design; of why certain route combinations are run at certain times against certain D personnel, of why it’s important to complete your routes whether you’re the primary or not, of the huge importance of recognizing your hot reads. In short, if you don’t get the WHY of it all, you have little chance to stick in this league, regardless of the occasional amazing big play. 

Thompson was raw entering the NFL and has been a relatively slow learner.......but he has improved a lot on physical aspects like tracking and catching the ball.......and physically he seems built for a LONG career.    The best might be still yet to come for him..........it just might not be right away.    Wouldn't surprise me to see him hang around 10-12 years in the NFL.    He kinda' reminds me of Derek Anderson.........who was considered ANYTHING but a cerebral QB.........one of the combines poorest performing QB's ever in that regard......... and now all these years later he hung around long enough and has seen enough that he's actually seen as an intellectual positive.?

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just thought I’d circle back here and see if there is still the same excitement about Deonte 4 weeks after he signed...

I don’t see him here in 2019..

Good call. He has a reduced role as it is with Foster, Zay, and Mckenzie all playing more prominent roles in the emerging youth movement. 

• Like (+1) 1