Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson to a 1-Year Deal

26CornerBlitz

19 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Signed McKenzie, released and brought Foster back up, cut Pryor, brought back DT (yay!)...pattern?

Opinionated speculation: so is it safe to say our coaching staff thinks the issue with the corps was lack of speed? Certainly makes sense in terms of getting separation - but is this the [best] approach to helping Allen develop? I know a few points were made, and I've agreed with, that we should be getting receivers with large catch radii (a KB who can complete a catch, N'Keal Harry, etc.) to help with Allen's inaccuracy issues. No reason we can't have both, but seems like the priority here is being given to speed over physical receivers with high completion probability in a contested catch.

What the hell is going on?!

It's like I am fired up about this team, right now, for the rest of the season.

I don't think they stand a chance at making the playoffs, but with all the moves lately, the win on Sunday and an attractive, homeward bound heavy schedule the second half of the season I am dying to see this team win some games.

Check List Going Forward:

1.  Give Allen a ton of snaps.

2.  Get to at least 8-8

3.  Keep the Defense at number 1

4.  Draft 10 guys

5.  Sign free agents with a chunk of that 80+ million Dollars

6.  Watch Tom Brady turn 42 going into next season.

• Like (+1) 9

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I'm actually surprised by this, I figured after releasing Pryor they felt comfortable with Foster and McKenzie as their speed guys. Maybe Benjamin is going to have his role reduced moving forward. We can only hope.

Not sure the staff can reduce it much more than KB decided to reduce it himself already. 

Regarding McKenzie, I think Daboll sees him as his Tyreek Hill/Tarik Cohen type player in his offense. He looked good on a couple of those sweeps on Sunday; an immediate infusion of speed that got the defense running around. I hear the knock on him is fumbles and if that's true if he doesn't clean that up he won't last long. 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

That thought actually crossed my mind.

With the way he is playing that wouldn’t be far fetched 

For a guy who’s specialty was supposed to be bodying corners and snatching the ball out of the air he sure plays like he’s 5’11 180

I was hoping we were getting a dog. We got a 6’5 250 pussycat

• Like (+1) 2

From hearing crickets for months to finally making a strong push at getting some help @ WR....eventhough Pryor didnt work out i liked the attempt at least....Welcome back Deonte!!  Love it!

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

What the hell is going on?!

It's like I am fired up about this team, right now, for the rest of the season.

I don't think they stand a chance at making the playoffs, but with all the moves lately, the win on Sunday and an attractive, homeward bound heavy schedule the second half of the season I am dying to see this team win some games.

Check List Going Forward:

1.  Give Allen a ton of snaps.

2.  Get to at least 8-8

3.  Keep the Defense at number 1

4.  Draft 10 guys

5.  Sign free agents with a chunk of that 80+ million Dollars

6.  Watch Tom Brady turn 42 going into next season.

Love the moves - and especially love that they are just doing something given what little resources they have right now.

I'm trying to gauge my expectations for the rest of the season and not get too caught up in the excitement that we're so bad that any move is a good move and worth celebrating. But it's amazing what a win will do.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ctk232 said:

Love the moves - and especially love that they are just doing something given what little resources they have right now.

I'm trying to gauge my expectations for the rest of the season and not get too caught up in the excitement that we're so bad that any move is a good move and worth celebrating. But it's amazing what a win will do.

You're telling me, ctk.

I think some of my hair is growing back!

(on my head, freaks!)

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I just like that they see - the receivers aren't getting separation - and actually try and bring people in to address the situation.  

No doubt. Love the move and the fact that they are actually identifying issues and following through given limited resources to do so right now. I just thought they would target sizeable receivers with catch radii to counter Allen's accuracy issues, but pleasantly surprised by this approach as well.

Like the move, and it appears that they are looking for fast, shifty receivers.... similar to the players that the Patriots have gashed us with over the years, and that other teams seem to overlook due to questions about size.  And with the physical play continually being taken out of football, I gotta say this would be a smart move IMO

34 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Signed McKenzie, released and brought Foster back up, cut Pryor, brought back DT (yay!)...pattern?

Opinionated speculation: so is it safe to say our coaching staff thinks the issue with the corps was lack of speed? Certainly makes sense in terms of getting separation - but is this the [best] approach to helping Allen develop? I know a few points were made, and I've agreed with, that we should be getting receivers with large catch radii (a KB who can complete a catch, N'Keal Harry, etc.) to help with Allen's inaccuracy issues. No reason we can't have both, but seems like the priority here is being given to speed over physical receivers with high completion probability in a contested catch.

I don’t understand why they waited so  long to make these moves.

29 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Plus you get a look to see if he's a fit.  Holmes and Benjamin aren't making names for themselves, and will be gone.  Clay hasn't either.  McCloud is a rookie and hasn't been much of anything.  Foster will be back but he's depth at best at this point in his career.  This is a chance for him to carve out a role, and possibly earn some playing time next year.  

What do you mean at this point.  Hes a rookie

44 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

I think our tight ends might have to fill this role & hopefully Benjamin can get his act together.