Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson to a 1-Year Deal

26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Signed McKenzie, released and brought Foster back up, cut Pryor, brought back DT (yay!)...pattern?

Opinionated speculation: so is it safe to say our coaching staff thinks the issue with the corps was lack of speed? Certainly makes sense in terms of getting separation - but is this the [best] approach to helping Allen develop? I know a few points were made, and I've agreed with, that we should be getting receivers with large catch radii (a KB who can complete a catch, N'Keal Harry, etc.) to help with Allen's inaccuracy issues. No reason we can't have both, but seems like the priority here is being given to speed over physical receivers with high completion probability in a contested catch.

I just like that they see - the receivers aren't getting separation - and actually try and bring people in to address the situation.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Indeed it was.  I would have liked to have seen NFL season INT records set

Now you're catching on.

If you're gonna be bad, be historically bad. Try as they may, no one will ever duplicate the PeterMan's level of ineptitude. 

The man is a living legend.

Just now, Shotgunner said:

Actually really like this move.

We need speed, especially at receiver, and Deonta seemed to fit in here and I was surprised to see him go in the first place.

Plus you get a look to see if he's a fit.  Holmes and Benjamin aren't making names for themselves, and will be gone.  Clay hasn't either.  McCloud is a rookie and hasn't been much of anything.  Foster will be back but he's depth at best at this point in his career.  This is a chance for him to carve out a role, and possibly earn some playing time next year.  

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Finally one of my prayers (lesser ones, mind you :P) is answered.

Is he great?  No

Does he work hard, fit The Process and give you everything he has?  Yes

Does it show-up on the field?  

IT DOES A WHOLE HELL OF OF A LOT MORE THAN IT DOES WITH BENJAMIN!

What it does is give solid receivers behind a number 1....which is currently not on the roster......

but if we can keep Deonte....Zay....the new guy off he practice squad....AND find a number 1 in the offseason?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dneveu said:

Plus you get a look to see if he's a fit.  Holmes and Benjamin aren't making names for themselves, and will be gone.  Clay hasn't either.  McCloud is a rookie and hasn't been much of anything.  Foster will be back but he's depth at best at this point in his career.  This is a chance for him to carve out a role, and possibly earn some playing time next year.  

Yeah, gotta agree with that...

But I don't think it will take much to "carve out a role". Our WR room is so barren that I can't imagine that even next year there are 5 better receivers on the roster.

Obviously he has to do something, I just don't think it's much. McKenzie and Zay are the only two so far that have done anything to justify their spot imo. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

What it does is give solid receivers behind a number 1....which is currently not on the roster......

but if we can keep Deonte....Zay....the new guy off he practice squad....AND find a number 1 in the offseason?

Seriously, man, I got to stop.

I am running completely out of thumbs up today!

• Like (+1) 1