Josh Allen starts week 12 but shows no growth....

Rebel101

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What good does it do to play Barkley more? Find out he is still a capable backup?

Allen can do things and make throws that Barkley simply cannot. He gives the best chance to win and its not close

Its not like Josh was an unmitigated disaster when he was playing. Rough at times, but brilliant at others. I didn't think he was a liability. He looked raw but with incredible talent. He starts every game he is healthy enough to play

Between Allen, Peterman and Anderson - yeah Allen was head and shoulders above the other two.  But you can't deny that Barkley had the best QB performance by a Bill this season and it's not even close.  I'm fine with them starting either Barkley or Allen.  I think Allen's pocket presence is still problematic.  He holds the ball too long and hasn't shown any consistency in moving in the pocket to make time for himself.  I don't know if that is something that will improve with presnap recognition, I'm hopeful that it does.  Everything else seems to be there, but that ability to make good quick decisions is what separates the superstars from the busters.

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So you’d rather mess with josh Allen’s head?  Instead of Matt Barkley’s head?  Do you realize what you just said? This is ridiculous 

Flippant? Lol.  You’re statement is ridiculous. He was letting you know how ridiculous it was

Thank you!  Sometimes I wonder if people actually believe what they are saying.  And how they cannot see how ridiculous it is.

Edited by Skins Malone

10 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

First, putting in Barkley only delays Allen's development.  The kid needs to get reps to slow down the game. You have a chance to correct a lot of things between now and next year, and keeping him on the bench isn't going to help at this juncture because the season is essentially done. 

Second, referring to the coach as McDuffus indicates pretty clearly you're not going to be happy with whatever the coach does. Do you genuinely believe a guy who works his way up the ranks of the NFL to earn his spot as a HC, in a game that only has 32 such positions worldwide, is a dufus?

I like McDumbass, he has some issues, but with talent, could be an ok head coach. 

McClappy definitely has some improving to do on the offensive side of the ball. 

His decision making skills are questionable. His in game management is questionable. His evaluation of talent is irresponsible. 

He has a lot to improve. 

He needs to win. 

12 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What good does it do to play Barkley more? Find out he is still a capable backup?

Allen can do things and make throws that Barkley simply cannot. He gives the best chance to win and its not close

Its not like Josh was an unmitigated disaster when he was playing. Rough at times, but brilliant at others. I didn't think he was a liability. He looked raw but with incredible talent. He starts every game he is healthy enough to play

Yes, exactly. We have seen how critical backup QBs can be this year.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Starting Barkley one more game makes sense to me,  he does have a hot hand (supposedly) &  find out if he his play was a fluke versus a very bad Jet defense, if it was you have made the decision not to keep him as a backup next year

:huh: Finding out whether you have a backup > experience for the future of the franchise at QB?  

They're going through something similar in Tampa Bay.  Winston was suspended, Fitzpatrick starts the season like a house on fire, cools off, Winston comes back, looks ok for a couple of games, has a horrid game at Cincinnati, gets benched, Fitz looks good to finish that game, cools down again, yet Fitz is announced as starter for this week's game.  Unless you're 100% convinced that you're done with a guy you drafted #1 overall a couple of years ago, it seems foolish to start a 35 year old journeyman who's a free agent at the end of the year.  Same thing here.  Bills aren't going anywhere this year.  Get Allen as much game time as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Thank you!  Sometimes I wonder if people actually believe what they are saying.  And how they cannot see how ridiculous it is.

Putting your best players out there to win is the opposite of ridiculous.

Sacrifcing the season for development, now that is absurd.  

Is giving up way too early a Buffalo thing, or a personal issue?

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I think they'll be some marginal improvement based on the way the offense came out last week. Peterman is gone so pick 6's should be rare. Zay is improving.  Teller looked good. McKenzie will help with field position.  I'm not expecting 300 yards and 3 TDs but Josh will show strides.

Not to mention Foster.  That was a huge game for him.  Hope he builds on that.  For an undrafted rookie that was a hell of a performance.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I think they'll be some marginal improvement based on the way the offense came out last week. Peterman is gone so pick 6's should be rare. Zay is improving.  Teller looked good. McKenzie will help with field position.  I'm not expecting 300 yards and 3 TDs but Josh will show strides.

All true.  I think there should be a lot of improvement.  He has had weeks of actual real season game preparation, been able to work with Derek Anderson, he might not be a great QB but has a lot of experience.

i think the whole "sit Allen and let him learn" ship sailed the moment he became the full time starter. you either sit him, let him learn, and ease him in...or you throw him in the deep end and see if he can swim. you cannot waffle back and forth on this. if he's healthy, he plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:huh: Finding out whether you have a backup > experience for the future of the franchise at QB?  

Did I say or intimate that, no I did not so dont try a sophomoric attempt at twisting my words. I wrote on more game, there 6 games left, I highly doubt if Allen plays in 5 versus 6, is going to make a material difference in his development.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

On WGR, Greg Cosell says absolutely you start Allen - he had Barkley as a 4th rounder when he came out - not enough arm strength to be an NFL starter.

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Did I say or intimate that, no I did not so dont try a sophomoric attempt at twisting my words. I wrote on more game, there 6 games left, I highly doubt if Allen plays in 5 versus 6, is going to make a material difference in his development.

Yes. Yes you did.   Sophomoric? That would be your TSW profile pic. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, PittsforDave said:

Putting your best players out there to win is the opposite of ridiculous.

Sacrifcing the season for development, now that is absurd.  

Is giving up way too early a Buffalo thing, or a personal issue?

Dave just stop.  Your responses are unintelligent.  Who is giving up? Because we want to see what our 7th overall pick and future of the team can do...yeah that's giving up lol.  Barkley has been a career back up for a reason.  He had one good game.  And then you accuse the coach of messing with Barkley's head lol.  Give me a break man.  You just have an agenda against McD.  Grow up bro.

3 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

i think the whole "sit Allen and let him learn" ship sailed the moment he became the full time starter. you either sit him, let him learn, and ease him in...or you throw him in the deep end and see if he can swim. you cannot waffle back and forth on this. if he's healthy, he plays. 

This

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

That’s a fair point but don’t forget how many offseason reps Allen missed because of the 3 ring circus McD was running at QB. Even with playing a few games it’s not hard to imagine that Allen has the least amount of reps of any of the 1st round QBs.

If they hadn’t butchered the position so bad they would have a little more flexibility. Coach and GM need him to develop, they might not survive another season like this in 19’

Edited by Commonsense

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yes. Yes you did.   Sophomoric? That would be your TSW profile pic. 

I did huh, LOL.  You have some serious reading comprehension problems, either that or a hallucinogenic imagination , or most likely you just are painfully not very smart.

And yes, I am quite proud of my profile pic, thanks for the mention!

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

That’s a fair point but don’t forget how many offseason reps Allen missed because of the 3 ring circus McD was running at QB. Even with playing a few games it’s not hard to imagine that Allen has the least amount of reps of any of the 1st round QBs.

If they hadn’t butchered the position so bad they would have a little more flexibility. Coach and GM need him to develop, they might not survive another season like this in 19’

Your comments are accurate.  I think all their plans feel apart with the demise of AJM, imagine that  Peterman actually beat him out in pre-season.