Josh Allen starts week 12 but shows no growth....

Rebel101

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Right. He has started and finished four games. I say if he's not throwing for 400 yards and 6 touchdowns a game by game six, he should be cut...

Yes....sarcasm....

it's shocking how people are approaching this.  i've now read that if you think allen still needs time to develop, you're babying him.  yup...that's now a thing.

1 minute ago, teef said:

it's shocking how people are approaching this.  i've now read that if you think allen still needs time to develop, you're babying him.  yup...that's now a thing.

The old me would quip about there being no shortage of stupid people with even more stupid opinions about.

But I'm trying not to be like that any more.

• Haha (+1) 1

Listened to Howard and Jeremy this morning, they brought up an interesting point that Allen may be the only rookie from 2018 draft that will go into his second year with the same OC. Depending on how things play out in Baltimore, but Arizona has already replaced their OC, Browns fired HC and OC, leaving DaBoll as continuity for Allen and the offense next year. 

Edited by tbarg12

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Agreed.  And here's the rub ... they're ALL ***** ROOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It blows me away how many people think they're supposed to be superstars as soon as they step onto the field.

You are aware of the distinction between competent and elite, correct?

The rookie QB's than pan out generally look "competent." 

People act like the other rookie QB's struggles portends something good for Allen. It doesn't. It's entirely possible they all suck. I don't expect Allen to light up the stat sheet or the score board. I do expect him to take chances and look the part. 

3 minutes ago, teef said:

Polaroids develop in like 1 minute. Why can't Josh Allen? Is he really not as good as a polaroid?

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

This is no longer about this year. You play Allen to get him experience so the game slows down next year. 

Maybe for you!,It's about this year for a lot of fans.

We want the QB that is more likely to run the table then observing a work in progress!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

Maybe for you!,It's about this year for a lot of fans.

We want the QB that is more likely to run the table then observing a work in progress!

Totally agree. Let's play the guy who gives us the best chance to win. Barkley is that guy. People forget we have other players like young receivers who need to develop too. Give them a quarterback that can read defenses and gets the ball out.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You are aware of the distinction between competent and elite, correct?

The rookie QB's than pan out generally look "competent." 

People act like the other rookie QB's struggles portends something good for Allen. It doesn't. It's entirely possible they all suck. I don't expect Allen to light up the stat sheet or the score board. I do expect him to take chances and look the part. 

However, as you have previously stated, you come from the perspective that Josh Allen is already bust. So, your perception of competence, when it comes to Allen, is probably different than those of us that take a more, shall we say, objective approach.

1 minute ago, tcampbell104 said:

i get a kick out of people who think you are going to get a win like that out of barkley every week

Particularly if you look at his history

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

However, as you have previously stated, you come from the perspective that Josh Allen is already bust. So, your perception of competence, when it comes to Allen, is probably different than those of us that take a more, shall we say, objective approach.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I don't cling to my opinions if they're disproven by evidence. I recognize them as opinions. While it's true that I believe Allen will bust, I'd gladly be wrong. I don't sit there waiting for Allen to play like trash so I can come to an anonymous message board to say I told you so. What prize do I win? I'm not into moral victories.

What I want to see is the Buffalo Bills become Superbowl contenders. Anything that precipitates that is cool by me.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I don't cling to my opinions if they're disproven by evidence. I recognize them as opinions. While it's true that I believe Allen will bust, I'd gladly be wrong. I don't sit there waiting for Allen to play like trash so I can come to an anonymous message board to say I told you so. What prize do I win? I'm not into moral victories.

What I want to see is the Buffalo Bills become Superbowl contenders. Anything that precipitates that is cool by me.

I'm sorry, we are not talking about walking and chewing gum at the same time. I'm sure, as a bills fan, you would love to be wrong. My point was this: You cannot state that you have arrived at the conclusion Josh Allen is a bust and also claim to be open and objective about him. Those things are incongruent.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I'm sorry, we are not talking about walking and chewing gum at the same time. I'm sure, as a bills fan, you would love to be wrong. My point was this: You cannot state that you have arrived at the conclusion Josh Allen is a bust and also claim to be open and objective about him. Those things are incongruent.

Seems simple logic, yet so hard for some to grasp.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I believe you go with the hot hand and start Barkley. I think he earned himself one more start. I understand Allen is the future but they originally wanted him to sit anyway. But what if he does start and looks the same or worse then he did before injury? He was making some better throws in the Texans game. He didn’t play great but he looked alittle better so what if after sitting and learning from Anderson and all that he doesn’t look any different then what he did before the injury? Do we start to worry? I mean the main reason Josh Allen was even considered such a high pick was because of Carson Wentz and their numbers are no where near the same

The question you should be asking yourself

"Is Barkeley a franchise QB"

The answer to your own question should be "no he is not" therefore....much like Tyrod Taylor you continue to look for that player.....and that is why TT is no longer on this team....not because he is horrible (regardless of some thing) but because he simply was not the answer......

Josh Allen might be......Barkeley is not.....but he might make an excellent backup for  now and in the future