Josh Allen starts week 12 but shows no growth....

Rebel101

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Did you pass rebel 101? 

I thought the first week of curriculum was never to worry about anything, much less worry about if you need to worry about something.... right? 

Lol yeah you are allowed to be concerned when it comes to football only though. But seriously what do you think. I mean I know the first year of a rookie QB is filled with ups and downs. But growth is the main thing you would like to see if growth. So what if he shows none? I mean obviously they aren’t drafting another QB yet. But do you think they worry and do you think us as fans should worry? Or no matter what we shouldn’t worry till end of next year 

14 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

That depends on how it goes.  He's had plenty of "learning experiences" already.  If he stinks it up he really might need to ride the pine for a little while.  It would be nice to see him have a game where he flashes a lot of consistent good play, because those have been few and far between.  Now that another QB has come in to show that it is possible, I think it mounts some extra pressure on the rookie to perform

Yep. No more excuses for the rook. Time to look like a competent NFL QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

They're going through something similar in Tampa Bay.  Winston was suspended, Fitzpatrick starts the season like a house on fire, cools off, Winston comes back, looks ok for a couple of games, has a horrid game at Cincinnati, gets benched, Fitz looks good to finish that game, cools down again, yet Fitz is announced as starter for this week's game.  Unless you're 100% convinced that you're done with a guy you drafted #1 overall a couple of years ago, it seems foolish to start a 35 year old journeyman who's a free agent at the end of the year.  Same thing here.  Bills aren't going anywhere this year.  Get Allen as much game time as possible. 

Winston is done in TB.

I don’t get the concept that somehow Allen can’t progress while sitting. I prefer he plays of course. But that’s why they sit rookie QBs. So they can learn!  If he shows no improvement rest of the year we are in trouble. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 2

The Bills seem intent on rushing quarterbacks along. Allen has raw talent but it needs to develop. Barkley should play and Allen should observe. Barkley is the first real quarterback that Allen can learn from. Anderson does not really serve a purpose on this team any longer. Why do they want Allen to learn from a guy who never really could play quarterback effectively in the league?

3 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Lol yeah you are allowed to be concerned when it comes to football only though. But seriously what do you think. I mean I know the first year of a rookie QB is filled with ups and downs. But growth is the main thing you would like to see if growth. So what if he shows none? I mean obviously they aren’t drafting another QB yet. But do you think they worry and do you think us as fans should worry? Or no matter what we shouldn’t worry till end of next year 

You play Josh. His play dictates 2019 draft and free agency moves.  You don’t bench him this season unless you’ve decided he’s not gonna be the guy. 

Until proven otherwise This front office evaluates QBs in workouts, preseason, camp or practice very poorly. 

If they walk a distaster under center next season the emotional bank account is empty. 

9 minutes ago, teef said:

i do appreciate jrober, but he has the amazing ability to make every thread at least 15% more depression.  it's kind of this thing.

Plus he has managed to make the whole six degrees of separation concept much more efficient by finding a way, within two posts, to turn any topic into "Josh Allen sucks." 

36 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Name a worse starting QB this year. 

Allen is 32nd in QB Rating, 32nd in Total QBR, 32nd in pass yards per game and the Bills have the worst scoring offense in the league. 

My comprehensive list includes:

Blaine Gabbert

Sam Bradford

Derek Anderson

Josh McCown

Nathan Peterman

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

My comprehensive list includes:

Blaine Gabbert

Sam Bradford

Derek Anderson

Josh McCown

Nathan Peterman

I think it could be argued that darnold was well on his way to making that list.... or there already. 

its at least up for debate

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's ridiculous to expect the quarterback we drafted 7th overall to look "competent?"

Talk about low expectations.

Thank You!! The ? just don’t  want to hear it.  

Allen needs to improve tremendously and quick. 

Edited by PittsforDave

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. same. 

verdicts out on all of them. but I would say they havnt been any better with arguably more support around them. ESPECIALLY rosen.

Agreed.  And here's the rub ... they're ALL ***** ROOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It blows me away how many people think they're supposed to be superstars as soon as they step onto the field.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Agreed.  And here's the rub ... they're ALL ***** ROOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It blows me away how many people think they're supposed to be superstars as soon as they step onto the field.

don't be a sheep

:rolleyes:

This place, man. This place.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

Thank You!! The ? just doesn’t want to hear it.  

Allen needs to improve tremendously and quick. 

Right. He has started and finished four games. I say if he's not throwing for 400 yards and 6 touchdowns a game by game six, he should be cut...

Yes....sarcasm....