Josh Allen starts week 12 but shows no growth....

Rebel101

11 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Was he supposed to “grow” while he was recovering from an elbow injury?

There are ways to improve without ever being on the field or throwing a football.

I would imagine that watching a vet prepare for an opponent by breaking down film and studying defensive tendencies could be a massive help for a rookie still trying to find his way.

Maybe it allows the game to slow down some once he does get back on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

There are ways to improve without ever being on the field or throwing a football.

I would imagine that watching a vet prepare for an opponent by breaking down film and studying defensive tendencies could be a massive help for a rookie still trying to find his way.

Maybe it allows the game to slow down some once he does get back on the field.

The injury break should have theoretically allowed for that.  Time to get back on the horse.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I believe you go with the hot hand and start Barkley. I think he earned himself one more start. I understand Allen is the future but they originally wanted him to sit anyway. But what if he does start and looks the same or worse then he did before injury? He was making some better throws in the Texans game. He didn’t play great but he looked alittle better so what if after sitting and learning from Anderson and all that he doesn’t look any different then what he did before the injury? Do we start to worry? I mean the main reason Josh Allen was even considered such a high pick was because of Carson Wentz and their numbers are no where near the same

Better to just start Barkley than embarrass Allen. No shame in sitting a rookie. That was the plan in the first place.

Why do people assume that Allen will coming in after being hurt and set the world on fire?  He’s probably going to be pretty similar to who he was until he gets some snaps under his belt. I also don’t get why Barkley has earned anything. He played a solid game. He’s lucky to be here. That’s it. 

I'm not typically one to reply out of selfish emotion, but I want Allen to start this game and throw for over 300 yards on Ramsey. Then he should give Ramsey the game ball signed by himself and say, "give this to your kids so they learn what a real athlete looks like." So tired of this guy running his mouth while his team sitting below .500...too much?

After all that irrationality, logic dictates, and for the sake of the team's future, start Allen. The season is all but over, and you need to get Allen in game reps and starting solidifying chemistry with the guys he will be developing with through the next offseason and beyond. 

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Lol what young men? Edmunds..Milano...Harrison....Foster?  Yeah these young guys are so messed up.  Barkley played well but the Jets also were terrible.  The Bill's have to see what Allen has.  Barkley won one game against a terrible Jets team.  Allen was the starter and you dont lose your starting job to injury.  

If hes ready to go...play him.

Young men as in Allen and Barkley. 

Jets D is actually pretty good. 

Im always of the opinion, don’t fix what’s not broken. 

Barkley deserves the start. 

I would rather have Allen starting, I understand Barkley played a good game, but he isn't the "franchise" QB that the Bills are hoping Allen will be. If he has earned anything, its that he may be a reliable backup. 

After sitting out with injury, hopefully he got to see some areas slow down in the game (not saying it will exponentially) but enough to have gained some growth and build on the rest of the year. They brought back Foster added McKenzie for speed, getting Allen those reps in game and allowing him to get the timing down with some of the new additions on offense, some continuity on the OL, and we see how far Allen progresses going into the offseason and have a real stance on what positions will need to be addressed. 

18 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

Young men as in Allen and Barkley. 

Jets D is actually pretty good. 

Im always of the opinion, don’t fix what’s not broken. 

Barkley deserves the start. 

Yeah hes really messing with the head of a journeyman QB.  God I hope Barkley can find a way to recover from this...he maybe never be the same.

50 minutes ago, Doc said:

Darnold looked terrible in his last start.  Should the Jets bench him?

I had heard a rumor on one of the sports networks(ESPN or NFL) that there were inner whispers happening hinting that even if he wasn't injured it may have been time to give him a breather.

but I don't agree with the OP. start the rookie. reps reps reps

1 hour ago, Rebel101 said:

I believe you go with the hot hand and start Barkley. I think he earned himself one more start. I understand Allen is the future but they originally wanted him to sit anyway. But what if he does start and looks the same or worse then he did before injury? He was making some better throws in the Texans game. He didn’t play great but he looked alittle better so what if after sitting and learning from Anderson and all that he doesn’t look any different then what he did before the injury? Do we start to worry? I mean the main reason Josh Allen was even considered such a high pick was because of Carson Wentz and their numbers are no where near the same

What is your source for posting that the main reason Allen was a high pick was Carson Wentz. 

58 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

Falso. They never intended Josh to sit the entire season. 

But I agree, start the hot hand. Barkley played amazing and deserves to start, he earned it. 

Barkley should be the starter until he starts playing poorly or he gets injured. 

McDuffus is messing with these young men’s head, which will never end up positive. 

So you’d rather mess with josh Allen’s head?  Instead of Matt Barkley’s head?  Do you realize what you just said? This is ridiculous 

5 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

What’s up with your flippant remarks?

#annoying

Flippant? Lol.  You’re statement is ridiculous. He was letting you know how ridiculous it was

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

McDuffus is messing with these young men’s head, which will never end up positive. 

First, putting in Barkley only delays Allen's development.  The kid needs to get reps to slow down the game. You have a chance to correct a lot of things between now and next year, and keeping him on the bench isn't going to help at this juncture because the season is essentially done. 

Second, referring to the coach as McDuffus indicates pretty clearly you're not going to be happy with whatever the coach does. Do you genuinely believe a guy who works his way up the ranks of the NFL to earn his spot as a HC, in a game that only has 32 such positions worldwide, is a dufus?

What good does it do to play Barkley more? Find out he is still a capable backup?

Allen can do things and make throws that Barkley simply cannot. He gives the best chance to win and its not close

Its not like Josh was an unmitigated disaster when he was playing. Rough at times, but brilliant at others. I didn't think he was a liability. He looked raw but with incredible talent. He starts every game he is healthy enough to play

so what if after sitting and learning from Anderson and all that he doesn’t look any different then what he did before the injury?

I understand the sitting part, but I'm confused about the learning part.

I'm hoping he was asleep during Anderson's class.

Did you pass rebel 101? 

I thought the first week of curriculum was never to worry about anything, much less worry about if you need to worry about something.... right? 

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So you’d rather mess with josh Allen’s head?  Instead of Matt Barkley’s head?  Do you realize what you just said? This is ridiculous 

Flippant? Lol.  You’re statement is ridiculous. He was letting you know how ridiculous it was

I see you like to use the word ridiculous.  

I think you need to look up the definition of ridiculous...

Edited by PittsforDave