Big Ben Texted Bell Before Deadline-NO ANSWER

Returntoglory

It's Le'Veon Bell's life at the end of the day. Stupid or not, he's making a multimillion dollar decision.

I think if I was in his shoes, I'd rather do it my way and not have any regrets. Versus perhaps getting 400+ touches and rupturing an Achilles or getting a wear and tear injury near the end of the year, and not being available immediately for the new team. Then playing on a 1 year show me deal, in the same situation again, but making considerably less than the 14.5. 

I'm not saying I'd handle it the same way. But I respect his right to handle something of this magnitude his way. It's his life, I'm not going to character assassinate him or call him stupid over this. Those people doing that are short sighted.

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

He was going to get paud either way.

He threw away $14.7MM FULLY GUARANTEED!. its not smart, its stupid.

David Johnson just got a 3 year $40MM deal coming off of IR with 31 guaranteed. THEY ARE THE SAME AGE!

Bell gets hurt, he gets a similar type deal easily, if not more. So not only does he have the $30MM guaranteed from his next contract but an additional $14.7MM

David Johnson 3 Year 40MM contract coming off of IR.

next.

Apples to Apples. You can’t predict injuries. 

What if he pulls a Shazier and never plays again? Then what. 

NEXT!!!

The narrative that Bell could have gotten injured playing this year has to go. This isn’t a guy sitting in the couch safeguarding his body. Bell is working out, training, staying in football shape. And not like you and me, we’re talking intensive training for an elite athlete.

He could tear an ACL making a cut while training just as easily as in a game situation.

Edited by eanyills

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t need training to learn how to assault or harass people thanks... I’m married and it’s not my thing, never was. 

But I’m pretty sure drunk people mutually wanting to hook up never has been and never should be rape, even if regretted in the morning walk home, well unless there is a minor involved. 

If you had training suggesting that you might want to ask more questions. 

Does your argument work for a drunk driver as well? "Judge I was too drunk to make a rational decision if I should drive or not, sorry I killed that family."

No, it doesn't. If someone is too impaired to give legal consent, it is rape. Doesn't matter how impaired the offending male or female is.

Or how about the predator that gets the victim too impaired, just so he/she can do what they want with them. You think they can just be like, "I was drunk too your honor so it doesn't count."

Oh... and by the way a married person can be raped, even by their spouse. So, yes, it really looks like you need some education.

Edited by Herc11

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

You mean you "loved" his game. According to many on this board, he's toast.

The crime of attempted earning maximization is punishable by banishment from the NFL. RB's can play forever and it's not like they take a beating. What a punk!

Edit: I had no idea maximization was a word. You learn something new every day.

yeah idk wtf they're talking about. he's one of the best runningbacks in the league, a year off fresh with rest, with no track record of being lazy and showing up out of shape.. like when he served a 4 game suspension and proceeded to lead the league in yards from scrimmage weeks 5-17... the dude is an animal. AND IN HIS PRIME HE'S 26!

And we're over here acting like Shady didn't do **** for our offense. Well this guy is even better lol.

What.. do you just type gibberish until your computer tells you that you spelled a word correctly? It must have taken you an hour to write that you illiterate SOB.

29 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

yeah idk wtf they're talking about. he's one of the best runningbacks in the league, a year off fresh with rest, with no track record of being lazy and showing up out of shape.. like when he served a 4 game suspension and proceeded to lead the league in yards from scrimmage weeks 5-17... the dude is an animal. AND IN HIS PRIME HE'S 26!

And we're over here acting like Shady didn't do **** for our offense. Well this guy is even better lol.

What.. do you just type gibberish until your computer tells you that you spelled a word correctly? It must have taken you an hour to write that you illiterate SOB.

There's just a hint of you know what when players are considered "selfish" and "ungrateful," yet owners are less frequently or fervently attacked for fleecing municipalities out of tax dollars for stadium funding.

And yeah. Pretty much. I was trying to properly phrase earnings maximizing in a more dignified fashion and was surprised to not see a red squiggly line under "maximization."

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Does your argument work for a drunk driver as well? "Judge I was too drunk to make a rational decision if I should drive or not, sorry I killed that family."

No, it doesn't. If someone is too impaired to give legal consent, it is rape. Doesn't matter how impaired the offending male or female is.

Or how about the predator that gets the victim too impaired, just so he/she can do what they want with them. You think they can just be like, "I was drunk too your honor so it doesn't count."

Oh... and by the way a married person can be raped, even by their spouse. So, yes, it really looks like you need some education.

You’re all over the place on this. Are you drunk?

Drunk consensual sex.... been happing since invention of booze. 

Some people cross lines when people don’t consent or are incapacitated-  that’s rape. Overwhelming majority don’t. 

Your training sux

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

Bell is doing the right thing. 

Hold the team hostage until he gets paid.

He deserves it, pay the man. Steelers want to put him in a position to play while on his current tag, what if he gets injured. 

He must do whats right. 

How is he holding the Steelers hostage? The rookie is doing fine.  Bell lost 15 million the Steelers lost nothing...they clearly dont want him long term anyway.  As a matter of fact the Steelers could tag him again.  Then who is holding who hostage? I have no issue with him holding out I understand why he did it...but he is by no means holding the Steelers hostage lol.

Edited by Skins Malone

Steelers players divvy up Le’Veon Bell’s stuff

Via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Steelers players removed the want-away back’s name from over his locker, and are currently “plundering” it.

It’s not uncommon for players to leave gear there year-round, and for extra cleats and team-issued gear to pile up there.

But as players pick through the debris which will almost certainly never be used by Bell in Pittsburgh again, it’s more than just looting.

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You’re all over the place on this. Are you drunk?

Drunk consensual sex.... been happing since invention of booze. 

Some people cross lines when people don’t consent or are incapacitated-  that’s rape. Overwhelming majority don’t. 

Your training sux

All over the place, or actually argued each of your points and you have no real rebuttal so you resort to ad hominem? Face buddy, you are wrong. Here's some evidence since you don't seem to understand:

"Myth: If the assailant, victim, or both are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, the victim is free to consent to sex and the assailant therefore cannot be charged with rape.
Fact: When intoxicated, an individual cannot legally consent to sexual activity. Forcing sex on someone who is too drunk to give consent is still Criminal Sexual Conduct in the Third Degree. Rape is a serious offense, and people who commit crimes while under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not considered free from guilt."

and once again, since you stated that you were married and don't have to worry about this and don't seem to believe it can still apply to you, here you go:

"Myth: If a husband has sex with his wife without her consent, it is not legally considered rape.
Fact: Regardless of the marital or social relationship between the assailant and victim, if an individual does not consent to sexual activity, he or she is being sexually assaulted. In fact, 14% of women are victims of rape committed by their husband."

The legal role of consent

There is no single legal definition of consent. Each state sets its own definition, either in law or through court cases. In general, there are three main ways that states analyze consent in relation to sexual acts:

• Affirmative consent: Did the person express overt actions or words indicating agreement for sexual acts?
  • Freely given consent: Was the consent offered of the person’s own free will, without being induced by fraud, coercion, violence, or threat of violence?
  • Capacity to consent: Did the individual have the capacity, or legal ability, to consent?

Capacity to consent

A person’s capacity, or ability, to legally consent to sexual activity can be based on a number of factors, which often vary from state to state. In a criminal investigation, a state may use these factors to determine if a person who engaged in sexual activity had the capacity to consent. If not, the state may be able to charge the perpetrator with a crime. Examples of some factors that may contribute to someone’s capacity to consent include:

• Age: Is the person at or above the age of consent for that state? Does the age difference between the perpetrator and victim affect the age of consent in that state?
  • Developmental disability: Does the person have a developmental disability or other form of mental incapacitation, such as a traumatic brain injury?
  • Intoxication: Was the person intoxicated? Different states have different definitions of intoxication, and in some states it matters whether you voluntarily or involuntarily became intoxicated.
  • Physical disability: Does the persona have a physical disability, incapacity, or other form of helplessness?
  • Relationship of victim/perpetrator: Was the alleged perpetrator in a position of authority, such as such as a teacher or correctional office?
  • Unconsciousness: Was the person sleeping, sedated, strangulated, or suffering from physical trauma?
  • Vulnerable adults: Is the person considered a vulnerable adult, such as an elderly or ill person? Is this adult dependent on others for care?

Remember: each state’s law is different. If you are unsure how a state law applies to specific circumstances, consult an attorney.

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Steelers players divvy up Le’Veon Bell’s stuff

Via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Steelers players removed the want-away back’s name from over his locker, and are currently “plundering” it.

It’s not uncommon for players to leave gear there year-round, and for extra cleats and team-issued gear to pile up there.

But as players pick through the debris which will almost certainly never be used by Bell in Pittsburgh again, it’s more than just looting.

Whats funnier is the old tweet that was dug up recently of Bell talking about how players who are willing to sit out for money don't love the game and are just in it for the money

And to those previous people talking about how this is just like a 9-5 job and the players are co-workers, they have obviously never been near any sports teams. Even in the Pros these guys most of the time are like family, they may not all get along all the time (like any family) but they are much closer then most of your average co-workers in an office environment.

has holding out like this ever really worked out well for the player?

4 hours ago, Herc11 said:

The argument doesn't really work because in a drunk driving situation, the crime is whether you drove under the influence of alcohol or drugs, there is no crime being committed because consent was not given, the crime is getting behind the wheel under the influence. Arguing that you were too drunk to make a rational decision and got behind the wheel just proves the case for the prosecution because you admitted to the crime.

As for the incident and having security at the door, it could be argued he asked people to stand by the door so they wouldn't have people walk in on them in there?

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If drunken hookups are considered rape then every college and bar in the world needs to close immediately. 

Also if he was even more drunk then who is the victim ?  Does it depend on the position? 

Wasnt there still league disciplinary action or was hat something else ? 

6 games. It was his second rape accusation. He had the one from the hotel before that. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The argument doesn't really work because in a drunk driving situation, the crime is whether you drove under the influence of alcohol or drugs, there is no crime being committed because consent was not given, the crime is getting behind the wheel under the influence. Arguing that you were too drunk to make a rational decision and got behind the wheel just proves the case for the prosecution because you admitted to the crime.

As for the incident and having security at the door, it could be argued he asked people to stand by the door so they wouldn't have people walk in on them in there?

I was trying to make a point, because he had argued that if both people having sex are drunk then it can not be rape because the accused was also drunk. My point was, just like ignorance is not an excuse, neither is being drunk in the eyes of the law.

Edited by Herc11