Big Ben Texted Bell Before Deadline-NO ANSWER

Returntoglory

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He got used  to being lazy and just didn't want to play this year. He might as well retire because he ain't getting that money.

FIERY HOT TAKE. I love it but Bell is getting a good contract somewhere. I'd take him in a hot minute if this nonsense makes him more cheap. How many RB's can line up as a WR and play better than most of them in the slot, out wide, block, run. He literally can do everything any skill position players do and do it better at any position/task.

1 minute ago, Herc11 said:

The case never went to trial because the girl dropped the charges due to the media storm it would create. She never recanted her accusation.

Like I just said, The case never went to trial because the girl dropped the charges due to the media storm it would create. She never recanted her accusation.

Educate yourself on the FACTS

It never went to trial because there was zero evidence of rape... 

End of story. 

Get your facts straight.   The prosecutor who declined to file charges has spoke about it several times over the years. 

There was no case, there was no evidence. 

Rape kit was done....negative. 

She was asked by the initial officer if she was raped...No

What we had was some drunk girls, some angry friends, and an egotistical young millionaire.   

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

During the 2010 presser, Bright famously told Roethlisberger to "grow up" and to be a better role model, and today, the retired prosecutor says he hasn't heard any negative news about Roethlisberger in the years since.

"I heard that he got married, has three kids. If all that is true, that's a good thing. He seems to have grown up," says Bright. "There's not a doubt in my mind that had the case gone to trial, a jury would have found (Roethlisberger) not guilty. To be blunt, my decision was the only decision that could be reached by any responsible prosecutor."

Sounds like a real rapist....not. 

His own bodyguards were cops and even the responding officer was a fan. Do you really think this was properly investigated and there was no cover-ups?

"The accuser was treated at Oconee Regional Medical Center. An emergency-room doctor and two nurses examined her and noted in their report a "superficial laceration and bruising and slight bleeding in the genital area", but could not say if trauma or sexual assault was the cause. The remaining examination was "normal".[254] A rape kit was collected, but no ***** was recovered, and the amount of male DNA found was insufficient to create a profile. The doctor's report also quoted the alleged victim telling them that, "A boy kind of raped me."[254]

In interviews with the police on the night of the incident, the woman alleged that Roethlisberger, after inviting her and her friends to the V.I.P. area of the nightclub, encouraged them to do numerous shots of alcohol before Anthony Barravecchio — an off-duty Coraopolis, Pennsylvania policeman, undercover DEA narcotics officer at Pittsburgh International Airport, and one of Roethlisberger's bodyguards[255][256] — stated he led her down a hallway to a stool and left. Witnesses, however, stated that Barravecchio "placed his hand" on the accuser's shoulder and applied "a little bit of pressure to guide her" into the restroom where she claims the assault took place, something Barravecchio's lawyer denies.[257][258]

After Barravecchio's purported departure, Roethlisberger allegedly approached, exposed himself, and despite the woman's protests, followed her into what turned out to be a bathroom when she tried to leave through the first door she saw. The woman claims Roethlisberger then raped her. It is further alleged that friends of the woman attempted to intervene out of worry, but the second of Roethlisberger's bodyguards, Edward Joyner—an off-duty Pennsylvania State Trooper—avoided eye contact and said he did not know what they were talking about. The policemen claimed to "have no memory" of meeting the woman.[259]

Milledgeville Police Sergeant Jerry Blash, who had posed for a photograph with Roethlisberger earlier in the evening, was the first officer to respond. At the scene, he made a comment about the accuser to Barravecchio: "We have a problem, this drunken [expletive], drunk off her ass, is accusing Ben of rape.” Blash later admitted denigrating the accuser and never formally questioning Roethlisberger; he did speak to the NFL player and his off-duty police bodyguards at the Capital City club, but according to Blash's own report, Roethlisberger was hardly engaged and spent most of the time on his phone.[255]

On April 12, 2010, district attorney Fred Bright held a press conference to announce that Roethlisberger would not be charged. Bright said "looking at all the evidence here, I cannot prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt".[254] Furthermore, the accuser wrote to the D.A. through her lawyer expressing she no longer wanted to pursue criminal charges[260] because the level of media attention would make a criminal trial too "intrusive" of a personal experience. The letter stressed that she was not recanting her accusation."

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

This is untrue.  He was never charged because there was no evidence of a crime - including from a rape kit/test conducted the same night.  She dropped no charges because no charges were ever levied.

I think Ben was just a creep with no game before he settled down and got married lol. We don't need to make this another hot take debate on Big Ben that's not about the OP at all haha.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

FIERY HOT TAKE. I love it but Bell is getting a good contract somewhere. I'd take him in a hot minute if this nonsense makes him more cheap. How many RB's can line up as a WR and play better than most of them in the slot, out wide, block, run. He literally can do everything any skill position players do and do it better at any position/task.

Lots of RBs can run routes and I guarantee he does not come here . I really doubt he gets over 15 and he is delusional if he thinks he's getting 20 and the team that does is stupid.

James Connor is showing how important Bell is .

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

Lol, all hearsay. 

Bottom line is there is no ***** evidence.   If there was he would have been charged. 

You can't be charged unless the victim presses charges, period.

We didn't even address the previous rape accusation that he settled out of court in 2008.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Lots of RBs can run routes and I guarantee he does not come here . I really doubt he gets over 15 and he is delusional if he thinks he's getting 20 and the team that does is stupid.

James Connor is showing how important Bell is .

Mannnn he's better than "lot's of other RBs" he's basically a better younger Shady. He's getting over 10 a year for multiple years. Maybe this cost him over 15 and definitely 20 but he's getting what he wanted: a post rookie contract that's not some franchise tag BS to reward the crazy amount of carries and success he's had. Just secured, guaranteed, veteran contract money. That's what every successful guy on a rookie contract and franchise tag is looking for.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

he's getting over 10 a year for multiple years. Maybe this cost him over 15 and definitely 20 but he's getting what he wanted: a post rookie contract that's not some franchise tag BS to reward the crazy amount of carries and success he's had. Just secured, guaranteed, veteran contract money. That's what every successful guy on a rookie contract and franchise tag is looking for.

He wanted 20 and was offered 14, he screwed up . He is all downhill from here.

15 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Ya, cuz banging "a drunken slut" that technically can not consent isn't rape.

You sound like a class-act rapist yourself.

If drunken hookups are considered rape then every college and bar in the world needs to close immediately. 

Also if he was even more drunk then who is the victim ?  Does it depend on the position? 

9 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I think Ben was just a creep with no game before he settled down and got married lol. We don't need to make this another hot take debate on Big Ben that's not about the OP at all haha.

Wasnt there still league disciplinary action or was hat something else ? 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If drunken hookups are considered rape then every college and bar in the world needs to close immediately. 

Also if he was even more drunk then who is the victim ?  Does it depend on the position? 

Where do the most amount of sexual assaults/rape occur? College.

You guys need to take some sexual harassment/assault training.

2 hours ago, Jobot said:

The board applauds you Freddyjj for your devotion to a clean and healthy lifestyle...

Thanks for the endorsement here!  Not judging their lifestyle, just questioning their awareness of law/league rules.  

Point being that his having 2 drug suspensions prior, 10 games on next one will make any other team leery to give him any large guaranteed $$.  His agent has given him horrible advice and I see him going on year to year deals on a go forward basis ala LeGarrette Blount.

The NFL owners will not reward a player with baggage for making a stand - they are more conservative than me!

2 hours ago, Herc11 said:

I don’t need training to learn how to assault or harass people thanks... I’m married and it’s not my thing, never was. 

But I’m pretty sure drunk people mutually wanting to hook up never has been and never should be rape, even if regretted in the morning walk home, well unless there is a minor involved. 

If you had training suggesting that you might want to ask more questions. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

27 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

i missed out on all this stuff...

watched the 60s generation tell everyone they were going to do whatever they wanted to do to whomever and wherever with or without consent

now they are lecturing us far worse than a Victorian prude

can't wait for them all to die off.... 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Raper? 

I didn't know Roth was convicted of rape. 

I didn't know he was arrested, sent to trial, and convicted of Rape by a jury of his peers. 

Usually people forget about things that aren't true. 

You ever read the report from the bathroom rape case?  He's lucky he's Ben Roethlisberger.

47 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He wanted 20 and was offered 14, he screwed up . He is all downhill from here.

From the Steelers? I didn't even know they had offered anything long term. I don't really try too hard to follow the contract stuff. I just love his game.

45 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wasnt there still league disciplinary action or was hat something else ? 

Yep the typical arbitrary 4 game suspension from Goodell pre Ray Rice when he was just tossing around suspensions without regard for precedent, degree of punishment meeting crime.. I think he just rolled an 8-sided die to decide how many weeks he'd suspend anybody accused/charged/convicted of anything.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

2 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Way more that goes into it. 

1. Health

2. Wear and tear

3. He’s now going into free agency fully healthy with less wear and tear, and he’s absolutely going to break the bank.

4. If he gets hurt this year while having another year of wear and tear on his body, his value plummets. Especially as a soon to be 27 year old running back. 14 mil would be absolutely nothing compared to the value he would lose if he got hurt.

He was going to get paud either way.

He threw away $14.7MM FULLY GUARANTEED!. its not smart, its stupid.

David Johnson just got a 3 year $40MM deal coming off of IR with 31 guaranteed. THEY ARE THE SAME AGE!

Bell gets hurt, he gets a similar type deal easily, if not more. So not only does he have the $30MM guaranteed from his next contract but an additional $14.7MM

1 hour ago, PittsforDave said:

Bell is doing the right thing. 

Hold the team hostage until he gets paid.

He deserves it, pay the man. Steelers want to put him in a position to play while on his current tag, what if he gets injured. 

He must do whats right. 

David Johnson 3 Year 40MM contract coming off of IR.

next.

Edited by CountDorkula

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

From the Steelers? I didn't even know they had offered anything long term. I don't really try too hard to follow the contract stuff. I just love his game.

You mean you "loved" his game. According to many on this board, he's toast.

The crime of attempted earning maximization is punishable by banishment from the NFL. RB's can play forever and it's not like they take a beating. What a punk!

Edit: I had no idea maximization was a word. You learn something new every day.

34 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i missed out on all this stuff...

watched the 60s generation tell everyone they were going to do whatever they wanted to do to whomever and wherever with or without consent

now they are lecturing us far worse than a Victorian prude

can't wait for them all to die off.... 

Up yours, you young whippersnapper!  ?

Edited by clayboy54

28 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

He was going to get paud either way.

He threw away $14.7MM FULLY GUARANTEED!. its not smart, its stupid.

David Johnson just got a 3 year $40MM deal coming off of IR with 31 guaranteed. THEY ARE THE SAME AGE!

Bell gets hurt, he gets a similar type deal easily, if not more. So not only does he have the $30MM guaranteed from his next contract but an additional $14.7MM

David Johnson 3 Year 40MM contract coming off of IR.

next.

He’s going to be making more than 3 years 40 million...

You don’t think him and his agent have calculated every single move out? 

I can almost guarantee he knows roughly how

much he will be making in his next contract, and he knew the risk/reward if he was to get hurt or not and how it would effect the future contract.