Big Ben Texted Bell Before Deadline-NO ANSWER

Returntoglory

43 minutes ago, Jobot said:

It's a business.. Ben is a previous co-worker.  I'm assuming the two haven't spoken or texted in several months so it's not weird that he didn't respond.

People talk like this, but it isn’t really correct IMO. If you have ever played on a sports team or been involved in a team activity, you know it is nothing like going to the office 9-5. You go to battle with these guys. At least that is the attitude the true winners in sports tend to have. When you treat it like a job is when you fail to produce and do not meet your potential. Sports teams are nothing like a 9-5 job. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

People talk like this, but it isn’t really correct IMO. If you have ever played on a sports team or been involved in a team activity, you know it is nothing like going to the office 9-5. You go to battle with these guys. At least that is the attitude the true winners in sports tend to have. When you treat it like a job is when you fail to produce and do not meet your potential. Sports teams are nothing like a 9-5 job. 

It is when you play it at a professional level. When money becomes involved things change. It's no longer a bunch of kids out there having fun, it becomes a job.

39 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Perspective here,  Bell and LeGarrette Blount aka (Blunt) both claimed ignorance of law against smokinmg weed while driving when they got caught on way to team charter a few years ago.

'Nuff Said

Wait a second! If that's true, then I still don't.....care.

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, MDH said:

It is when you play it at a professional level. When money becomes involved things change. It's no longer a bunch of kids out there having fun, it becomes a job.

It may change a bit, but not entirely. I would imagine this mindset is ingrained in you from playing this sport for free for 16+ years. Old habits die hard and that is tough to brush off to the side. They all say the right things, and James Connor has softened the blow. But if the Steelers were not doing well rushing the ball this year you can bet that team would hate him. They wouldn’t say it publicly, but they would despise Le’Veon Bell. 

41 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Yes throwing away nearly $15MM dollars is super smart business, while killing your reputation.

All he had to do was show up and he makes money. 

Signed David Johnson.

Oh wait he still made a crap ton of moaney.

Signed Adrian Peterson

Oh wait he still made a crap ton of money.

Not really... Johnson is much myounger and AP is not making crap ton of money.  Bell will get a larger contract that Johnson as well.

It's called hedging your bets.  Bell could have risked playing this season for $14mil.  If he comes out healthy he wins the bet and signs the same massive contract that he is about to in this upcoming offseason... If he blows his knee out he's looking at a 2-year prove it deal... afterwards he's even closer to 30 and never going to get the big payday.

By holding out all year, Bell guarantees a massive multi-year deal.  It's very logical assuming you have the self control.

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Oh you were there?

Well youre an -$$h0/", but we dont hold it against you.

Thanks, I have no idea what your point is, but what you wrote means you agree I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

Bell is doing the right thing. 

Hold the team hostage until he gets paid.

He deserves it, pay the man. Steelers want to put him in a position to play while on his current tag, what if he gets injured. 

He must do whats right. 

Edited by PittsforDave
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

I don’t think anyone is saying Bell is a class act lol.

We are just saying it could be a potentially smart BUSINESS move to not play this year.

outside of the one drug suspension Bell's really had a clean slate personally. He's played his *** off for his team, got repeatedly franchise tagged, and got fed up. Consecutive franchise tags SUCK, you don't know what's going to happen any given play.

And when he made a business decision, I can see both sides perspective. But we don't know the full story on the exchanges Bell's had with his teammates, all I see is Bell being quiet, and his teammates consistently calling him out passive aggressively to the media. Maybe Bell's pissed off at his teammates for not being in his corner, maybe Big Ben's rhetoric early in the season ticked him off. All I know is BIG BEN is the one feeding the media dirt about a dumb text, and Bell's just keeping his head low.

Nobody forced Big Ben to say this. All he's doing by this point is only screwing up Bell's next contract when he could just say nothing about a dumb text and affect Bell negatively. Dude, Big Ben's had way more off field incidences in his career than Bell. Bell got suspended for drugs. Ben's got some weird allegations against him from 2010 before allegations were getting thrown around willy nilly like nowadays. 

Bell's got no record AGAINST anyone, personally or professionally. I find it hard to credit Ben and fault Bell when Ben's saying this to the media for absolutely no reason.. Bell's not going to be on Ben's team and yet Ben's got some burning desire to talk about his text messages to the media.

Antonio Brown is the only Steeler on record that's been in Bell's corner. Game recognize game I guess.

1 hour ago, MDH said:

Why is Ben revealing to the press private texts?

Exactly. What does Ben have to gain.. dude isn't going to be his teammate. He's just throwing Bell another media turd sandwich before Bell hits the market for.. what exactly??

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Thank him for what?  Helping extend Ben's career?  Who even says that he and Raper are close?  He doesn't owe Ben anything!

Raper? 

I didn't know Roth was convicted of rape. 

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

Ben is also rapist.. I know everyone likes to forget about that...

I didn't know he was arrested, sent to trial, and convicted of Rape by a jury of his peers. 

Usually people forget about things that aren't true. 

-- The woman who accused football star Ben Roethlisberger of raping her in March in a bar in Milledgeville, Georgia, described the alleged incident to police as the culmination of a night of bar-hopping.

A prosecutor decided this week that he would not pursue criminal charges against Roethlisberger, saying he could not prove that a crime had been committed.

I'm pretty sure prosecutors don't just let accused rapists walk free.   If there was even a shred of evidence, he would have been charged. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Just because one bangs a drunken slut in public bathroom, does not make one a rapist.

Ya, cuz banging "a drunken slut" that technically can not consent isn't rape.

You sound like a class-act rapist yourself.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Herc11 said:

Ya, cuz banging "a drunken slut" that technically can not consent isn't rape.

You sound like a class-act rapist yourself.

Easy, cowboy.

Ben wasn't even charged, let alone tried, let alone convicted.  Educate yourself on the facts.

During the 2010 presser, Bright famously told Roethlisberger to "grow up" and to be a better role model, and today, the retired prosecutor says he hasn't heard any negative news about Roethlisberger in the years since.

"I heard that he got married, has three kids. If all that is true, that's a good thing. He seems to have grown up," says Bright. "There's not a doubt in my mind that had the case gone to trial, a jury would have found (Roethlisberger) not guilty. To be blunt, my decision was the only decision that could be reached by any responsible prosecutor."

Sounds like a real rapist....not. 

14 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Raper? 

I didn't know Roth was convicted of rape. 

I didn't know he was arrested, sent to trial, and convicted of Rape by a jury of his peers. 

Usually people forget about things that aren't true. 

The case never went to trial because the girl dropped the charges due to the media storm it would create. She never recanted her accusation.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Easy, cowboy.

Ben wasn't even charged, let alone tried, let alone convicted.  Educate yourself on the facts.

Like I just said, The case never went to trial because the girl dropped the charges due to the media storm it would create. She never recanted her accusation.

Educate yourself on the FACTS

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Herc11 said:

The case never went to trial because the girl dropped the charges due to the media storm it would create. She never recanted her accusation.

Like I just said, The case never went to trial because the girl dropped the charges due to the media storm it would create. She never recanted her accusation.

Educate yourself on the FACTS

This is untrue.  He was never charged because there was no evidence of a crime - including from a rape kit/test conducted the same night.  She dropped no charges because no charges were ever levied.

• Like (+1) 2