Can Levi Wallace Stabilize the Starting CB Position Opposite Tre' White?

26CornerBlitz

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would HATE using a first rounder on a corner when we have a lock down corner already and so many needs on offense

I understand but there's a good chance we're picking Top 10 and there are only two offensive guys worthy of being taken that high(Jonah Williams and Justin Herbert)

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We can trade down and add more picks....which is prob a good idea or Jonah

This is exactly what I want to do. Trade down and stockpile picks because we need a lot of talent. Green Bay has two first rounders and I could see them being aggressive and possibly trying to trade up to the Top 5.

I'd love if we ended up with a haul like this next April

1. Kelvin Harmon-WR North Carolina State 6'3 212

1. Amani Oruwariye-CB Penn State 6'1 201 

2.  Kaden Smith-TE Stanford 6'5 252

2. Chris Lindstrom-RG Boston College 6'4 315

3. Jaylon Ferguson-DE Louisiana Tech 6'5 262

4. Bennie Snell Jr-RB Kentucky 5'11 223

8 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Loved him at Bama last year and was hoping we'd use a mid rounder on him. We got Taron Johnson in the 4th and Levi Wallace as an UDFA. Hoping he sticks. 

On a random note don't be too surprised if the Bills use their 1st rounder on a CB this year. You're going to see Greedy Williams being mocked to us a lot. 

Best Greedy Available!

On 11/15/2018 at 10:41 AM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Loved him at Bama last year and was hoping we'd use a mid rounder on him. We got Taron Johnson in the 4th and Levi Wallace as an UDFA. Hoping he sticks. 

On a random note don't be too surprised if the Bills use their 1st rounder on a CB this year. You're going to see Greedy Williams being mocked to us a lot. 

Although people will B word about it at least CB2 is a very real need for the defense, probably one of its few truest intimidate needs. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bills make that pick. But I would hope they have at least added talent to the WR position via free agency and then go in round 2 and 3 and find some supplemental pass catchers. 

On 11/14/2018 at 8:35 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Buffalo Bills cornerback Levi Wallace may be the latest in a line of unsuspecting players to have solid performances during Sean McDermott’s tenure as the team’s head coach.

The cornerback spot opposite Tre’Davious White has been a revolving door of mediocre defensive backs for the Bills in 2018. The Bills have watched several players come and go, including Vontae Davis and Phillip Gaines. Ryan Lewis has also been a part of the starting secondary in the past.

This come a season after Buffalo allowed EJ Gaines to skip town to Cleveland as a free agent.

For the moment, it looks like the Wallace will make his name permanent in the starting lineup.

Didn't u dersrand why the Bills let EJ Gaines leave without much effort to keep him. Seemed a rad injurynprone, but played solidly for sure when healthy.

1 minute ago, Spiderweb said:

Didn't u dersrand why the Bills let EJ Gaines leave without much effort to keep him. Seemed a rad injurynprone, but played solidly for sure when healthy.

EJ Gaines is out for the season with Cleveland which is the exact reason why the Bills didn't re-sign him. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

He is good when healthy but man, he's really injury prone.

He's been in the league for 5 years, which is 80 possible games.  He's only been healthy enough to play in 43 of them.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He is good when healthy but man, he's really injury prone.

He's been in the league for 5 years, which is 80 possible games.  He's only been healthy enough to play in 43 of them.

Gaines was also expected to get a huge deal coming off of a strong 2017 season and the general thirst for CB play. I think the Bills took a shot on what they thought would a much cheaper shorter commitment option in Vonta while drafting a couple of corners in the mid rounds behind Vonta. I think had the Bills known EJ would go for what he did they probably would have resigned him. I can't blame the Bills for over estimating EJ's market since everyone was projecting EJ to be one of the few top corners available on the market. Most people were estimating that EJ would get 8-10 million per-year on a multi year deal with a sizable guarantee. 

On 11/19/2018 at 7:23 PM, billsfan89 said:

Gaines was also expected to get a huge deal coming off of a strong 2017 season and the general thirst for CB play. I think the Bills took a shot on what they thought would a much cheaper shorter commitment option in Vonta while drafting a couple of corners in the mid rounds behind Vonta. I think had the Bills known EJ would go for what he did they probably would have resigned him. I can't blame the Bills for over estimating EJ's market since everyone was projecting EJ to be one of the few top corners available on the market. Most people were estimating that EJ would get 8-10 million per-year on a multi year deal with a sizable guarantee. 

Good post and probably many here were unaware or have already forgotten a lot of that.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, billsfan89 said:

Although people will B word about it at least CB2 is a very real need for the defense, probably one of its few truest intimidate needs. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bills make that pick. But I would hope they have at least added talent to the WR position via free agency and then go in round 2 and 3 and find some supplemental pass catchers. 

CB2's can be found in FA.  With all the money the Bills have next year I expect them to target a couple in FA.

A high 1st rounder can be dealt back for an impact offensive player.

At least that's how I hope it works out.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:47 PM, ColoradoBills said:

CB2's can be found in FA.  With all the money the Bills have next year I expect them to target a couple in FA.

A high 1st rounder can be dealt back for an impact offensive player.

At least that's how I hope it works out.

That's what I hope, I would love to see Gaines back here but I wouldn't be shocked to see a high pick spent on the defense 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

That's what I hope, I would love to see Gaines back here but I wouldn't be shocked to see a high pick spent on the defense 

If it's for one high impact player I could agree.  Only if there is no player to help Josh and the O and they can't trade back.  IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1