Can Levi Wallace Stabilize the Starting CB Position Opposite Tre' White?

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

So you think that Vonte Davis and Phillip Gaines were good FA signings?

No, but this isn't a cover 1 team.  The design of the defense protects CBs, so you don't need the equivalent of a franchise QB at CB to have a successful defense.

McDemott can screw up the CB2 position the next 5 years, and the Bills could still have a top 5 defense each of those years.

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

So you think that Vonte Davis and Phillip Gaines were good FA signings?

No.....but do you really think we have a corner problem?

If we had a corner problem we would not have a top 10 defense.....McD literally finds these guys in the dumpster bin

5 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

No, but this isn't a cover 1 team.  The design of the defense protects CBs, so you don't need the equivalent of a franchise QB at CB to have a successful defense.

McDemott can screw up the CB2 position the next 5 years, and the Bills could still have a top 5 defense each of those years.

Exactly.....and  you dont spend big money on the postion because we have a shutdown corner in white...which means we need to find someone LIKE Wallace who can hold his own.

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

40 time scares me, maybe he’s faster now? Seem like he was a late bloomer 

Yeah, his 40 time wasn't anything to write home about. But, sometimes instinct & anticipation can make up for a 10th of a second.

14 minutes ago, billykay said:

Yeah, his 40 time wasn't anything to write home about. But, sometimes instinct & anticipation can make up for a 10th of a second.

Maybe he's bad at running 40s and maybe as you say he can do zone just fine based on other attributes. 

But for perspective 3 D Linemen beat 4.63 in just this years combine. 

18 minutes ago, billykay said:

Well, I read that his 40 was 4.63.  How in the world do you keep up?  Was he maybe recovering from some sort of injury?

47 minutes ago, billykay said:

27 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Maybe he's bad at running 40s and maybe as you say he can do zone just fine based on other attributes. 

But for perspective 3 D Linemen beat 4.63 in just this years combine. 

Levi is just one of those guys who will never test well. That's why he was a walk one and and why he went undrafted. But he is surely a gamer who people will always underestimate. I dot know that he is truly a starting corner in this league, but I will not dare doubt him and I will be cheering every step of the way. 

He's still faster than Josh Norman. I'm actually more concerned with Levi's bulk than his speed. 

47 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Levi is just one of those guys who will never test well. That's why he was a walk one and and why he went undrafted. But he is surely a gamer who people will always underestimate. I dot know that he is truly a starting corner in this league, but I will not dare doubt him and I will be cheering every step of the way. 

He's still faster than Josh Norman. I'm actually more concerned with Levi's bulk than his speed. 

Im all for it ?

wouldn't be be the first guy that didn’t measure up but succeeds in the right system 

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

40 time scares me, maybe he’s faster now? Seem like he was a late bloomer 

I wouldn't worry too much about how quickly he can run 40 yards in a straight line. Never felt the 40 was truly all that demonstrative of a players speed, not useless, but not something to be concerned over. I'd be more concerned with how quickly he can accelerate AND change direction AND sustain it for more than/less than 40 yards, and how well he can read routes and anticipate. McD's defense is primarily zone based anyway, but plenty of "slower" DBs in the league make it work. 

He did go undrafted so it's not like we'll be seeing top metrics from him anyway - it's just about how he develops now.

Loved him at Bama last year and was hoping we'd use a mid rounder on him. We got Taron Johnson in the 4th and Levi Wallace as an UDFA. Hoping he sticks. 

On a random note don't be too surprised if the Bills use their 1st rounder on a CB this year. You're going to see Greedy Williams being mocked to us a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Loved him at Bama last year and was hoping we'd use a mid rounder on him. We got Taron Johnson in the 4th and Levi Wallace as an UDFA. Hoping he sticks. 

On a random note don't be too surprised if the Bills use their 1st rounder on a CB this year. You're going to see Greedy Williams being mocked to us a lot. 

I have already seen this in a few early mocks.

4 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I would HATE using a first rounder on a corner when we have a lock down corner already and so many needs on offense