Most Famous Bills Fan you ever met

Buffalo716

Met Van Miller at my uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. During Van's last year of broadcasting Bills' games he shared a memory every week. One of them his stories was about a spotter who was in the booth with him. The spotter, who had had a little too much to drink, disagreed with the ref's spot and started cursing on the air. That was my uncle. Since he had season tickets since the Bills inaugural year, my uncle was also asked to be one of the fans to accept the 12th man induction to the wall of fame. He had been dead for six years at the time, but we still had tickets in his name. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

I met Marv Levy on a street in downtown Buffalo the day before the 2016 opener (he was in town for Bruce's number retirement)

Got a nice selfie

And I actually had the presence of mind to say "there's no place I'd rather be then right here, right now"

I'm sure he's never had a fan say that to him before. He was probably honored and surprised that someone remembered that. 

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't know if he's a Bills fan but on a family trip we met Jack Kemp in his office in DC when he was a Congressman back in the 80's.  Pretty cool experience.  Nice guy.

Is this a joke?

Yeah it is safe to say Kemp was a Bills fan.

2 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

Went to high school with Mark Murphy (Redskins all pro and current president of Packers). Spoke to him a couple of years ago... still a Bill’s fan!

I went to college around the same time as Mark Murphy, he was a few years ahead of me but the football star talked to the freshman, was always s a very nice down to earth guy.

Met Chris Berman at a taping of the Jim Kelly Show at the NFL media hotel a couple of days before Super Bowl XXV.  We mentioned we were heading to Sanibel Island, and he gave us the name of a restaurant there that he liked.  We tried it and it was very good.

2 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Met Chris Berman at a taping of the Jim Kelly Show at the NFL media hotel a couple of days before Super Bowl XXV.  We mentioned we were heading to Sanibel Island, and he gave us the name of a restaurant there that he liked.  We tried it and it was very good.

Berman looks like he knows where ALL the good restaurants are.

I saw him in 2003 speak at John Butler's memorial. His left was messed up and he was walking with a cane. A lot of names there, actually, but I didn't actually  'meet them' as it wasn't the time.