Most Famous Bills Fan you ever met

Buffalo716

I thought this would be a good lighthearted thread that could potentially be good...

who is the most famous Bills fan you ever met and how did it happen?

Me: I was at the Bills home opener about 3-4 years ago and I’m stumbling up the street and I look up and who do I see?!? 

Mother effing Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore !! ??

I gave him a good shooooter! Followed by a Damn you people , go back to your shanties!

he liked that ?

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Well since I met him after his football career was over and he's definitely a Bills fan, Don Beebe.  He runs a top notch football camp in our area and he and his staff coached one of my sons for 4 years.  Spoke to him on a few occasions and since my wife and I had season tickets while he played in Buffalo, we had some things to talk about.  Terrific guy and a terrific coach.  He works pretty closely with a lot of the kids.

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Well since I met him after his football career was over and he's definitely a Bills fan, Don Beebe.  He runs a top notch football camp in our area and he and his staff coached one of my sons for 4 years.  Spoke to him on a few occasions.  Terrific guy and a terrific coach.  He works pretty closely with a lot of the kids.

A lot of the 90s Bills have run camps for years ?

Edited by Buffalo716

I can only think of two famous Bills fans. I’ve seen one in person (he’s been to 400 straight games, so I’m not alone there). Players are famous, fans get drunk and fall off the railing from the upper deck to be famous (in the most horrible way). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

I can only think of two famous Bills fans. I’ve seen one in person (he’s been to 400 straight games, so I’m not alone there). Players are famous, fans get drunk and fall off the railing from the upper deck to be famous (in the most horrible way). 

I’m talking celebrities who are Bills Fans.

Shooter McGavin, Chris Berman, Chad michale Murray ?

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’m talking celebrities who are Bills Fans.

Shooter McGavin, Chris Berman, Chad michale Murray ?

I’m a Xavier basketball fan (even after losing to Wisconsin with a young team tonight), and it was very cool to have Bill Murray’s son as an assistant coach the last few years. Bill was always in the stands, with the hat or the shirt, attending March Madness around the country. 

No idea who counts for the Bills, other than some former Bills. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m a Xavier basketball fan (even after losing to Wisconsin with a young team tonight), and it was very cool to have Bill Murray’s son as an assistant coach the last few years. Bill was always in the stands, with the hat or the shirt, attending March Madness around the country. 

No idea who counts for the Bills, other than some former Bills. 

Well I would say Chris Berman is a sports celebrity who is a fan

Chad Michale Murray is a Hollywood actor who goes to games

same with Shooter McGavin like I said.

Wolf Blitzer If he counts lol

William Fichtner 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well I would say Chris Berman is a sports celebrity who is a fan

Chad Michale Murray is a Hollywood actor who goes to games

same with Shooter McGavin like I said.

Wolf Blitzer If he counts lol

William Fichtner 

Apparently I don’t get out much. The only guy I can think of passed away a few years ago....and my memory is failing me. Sunday political morning news guy....OH, now it’s going to drive me CRAZY! What was his name?????

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Apparently I don’t get out much. The only guy I can think of passed away a few years ago....and my memory is failing me. Sunday political morning news guy....OH, now it’s going to drive me CRAZY! What was his name?????

Tim Russert

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Tim Russert?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I noticed a guy in the elevator ( we call them lifts) yesterday of my office building in Sydney wearing a Bills lanyard ( we call them something you wear around your neck to hold an  ID pass) and I said to him... "don't tell me you are a Bills fan?"...

He said yes and how happy he was that they beat the Jets and I said I thought I was the only one that works for this Company that supports them....

It was a special moment before I got out at the 10th floor...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I noticed a guy in the elevator ( we call them lifts) yesterday of my office building in Sydney wearing a Bills lanyard ( we call them something you wear around your neck to hold an  ID pass) and I said to him... "don't tell me you are a Bills fan?"...

He said yes and how happy he was that they beat the Jets and I said I thought I was the only one that works for this Company that supports them....

Sounds like a special moment between the two of you ??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Leon Spinx and Rick James ,beotch.

Obviously, James was a Bills fan and surprisingly so was Leon.

Sat next to them In the stands behind Bills bench,during the Chuck Knox era. Yes they were in the stands for the experience.

Those were great season tickets.

We bought each other beers. They had some big old body guards around them. Both had fur coats on.

Star struck fans bothered the hell out of them.

That’s one thing that doesn’t impress me, being in the public eye. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Did you ask him to sing the shout song and smash some tables after?

if you didn’t you better find him and make amends 

1 minute ago, dlonce said:

Leon Spinx and Rick James ,beotch.

Obviously, James was a Bills fan and surprisingly so was Leon.

Sat next to them In the stands behind Bills bench,during the Chuck Knox era. Yes they were in the stands for the experience.

Those were great season tickets.

We bought each other beers. They had some big old body guards around them. Both had fur coats on.

Star struck fans bothered the hell out of them.

That’s one thing that doesn’t impress me, being in the public eye. 

I’m rick James biotch!

• Like (+1) 1

I ran into a guy and his girlfriend at an airport years ago while wearing a Bills jersey. He said he was a big Bills fan after hanging out with Kelly and other Bills at Kelly's house after a game. Turned out to be the leader of a band called Whitesnake. His girlfriend took my card and sent me a letter with photos of him  and Kelly, Reed, Bruce. Still not sure who Whitesnake was, but they were famous, dammit.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

I ran into a guy and his girlfriend at an airport years ago while wearing a Bills jersey. He said he was a big Bills fan after hanging out with Kelly and other Bills at Kelly's house after a game. Turned out to be the leader of a band called Whitesnake. His girlfriend took my card and sent me a letter with photos of him  and Kelly, Reed, Bruce. Still not sure who Whitesnake was, but they were famous, dammit.

I believe they were an English rock band from the late 70s and 80s ?

Edited by Buffalo716

20 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

you must be super young to not know who whitesnake is.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1