Where do you get your photos developed?

boyst

Where do you get your photos developed?

For the first time in my life I am going to get photos developed all by myself!  I've heard of apps and all sorts of things.  I remember as a kid seeing little photo development centers that were basically the size of a toll booth all over and any store possible having development centers and portrait studios.

Just made me wonder what families do now-a-days to save memories?

8 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

^^^ Photos of Exiled’s underground bunker where he develops pictures of barges and tug boats for the Army Corp. 

The little tubs at the end are full of baby Asian carp. It’s a full service facility. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

All along he’s been blaming the Asians for the carp. It was Exiled all along. 

Don’t take his word on that carp crap! 

We just have photo paper at the house and print on that. Pretty good, I must admit. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Are you actually looking to develop film?  Say 35mm film???

Or print off digital?

Print off my phone. 

But, surely people still have cameras that get developed?  I see cameras all the time in public but no idea where they go?

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Print off my phone. 

But, surely people still have cameras that get developed?  I see cameras all the time in public but no idea where they go?

Like Hammersticks said.  CVS.  The single use cameras have 35mm.  They pop it into machine.

But not the best.  Probably photo place in nearby city or private dark room.

I could probably find a place in Chicago or definitely NYC.

Search internet, sent out rolls is what I think people do... For top results.

Honestly... Digital prints is all but taken it over.

Kodachrome was eliminated in 2010.

Fuji, Velvia expensive, still get it.  People send out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Do they use dark rooms anymore?  

I'm surprised no one has invented an app or an easy waited just do it right from your mobile.

They have apps or at least they have websites that allow you to download pics and get them printed.   You can even get books and calendars printed.   Check out Shutterfly.   There are deals to be had if you go there.  I never use them unless I get a deal.  You can send pics to Walmart or take them on a memory stick and get them rather quickly depending on the time of day.

There is no need for dark rooms with modern camera's or phones.

It is funny you should ask this, as just last night my wife's sister asked her what she should do with her old 35mm  cameras.  I don't have a good answer.

Edited by Greybeard
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Do they use dark rooms anymore?  

I'm surprised no one has invented an app or an easy waited just do it right from your mobile.

Besides shutterfly,  look to snapfish,  vistaprint,  and mpix.com.

I "think" Adorama has online printing. I am not sure B&H photo does. 

I had this whole thing written up to ask why you were not just doing it at home, and then got to the end and figured you may not have a great color printer for photos. If you plan on printing a lot of photos, you may want to consider that option. 

• Thank you (+1) 1