Where are we at? Miracle Playoff run or does each win just ruin draft position?

Good teams manage to consistently find good players in the draft (and from among UDFA rookies) despite making the playoffs regularly and usually drafting late in most rounds while bad teams miss almost as regularly. 

If we can improve on remainding 6 games with a strong finish of  4 - 2 after the bye, all with Allen at QB, I will consider the season a success.  

A 7-9 Record with Allen playing that many games would be nice.  

Our draft position will still allow us to get a top OT which are plentiful.   Would also like like to see Dawkins, Teller, Zay, continue to improve on offense.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2

I’m for draft position.. but it felt so good to destroy the Jets like that. In their own house no less. Crushing a divisional rival is worth a worse draft pic. 

And no no we are not making the playoffs. I’m hoping for major improvement next season. 

Edited by Idandria
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Where are we at? Miracle Playoff run or does each win just ruin draft position? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Given the schedule the miracle playoff run is not impossible.  What I am supposed to be rooting for? 

What I want to know is how did you pull this off? What's the secret to starting a thread that doesn't devolve into the bipolar cesspool of most recent threads?  :)

I'm with the crowd that says you play the games to win every week and let the chips fall where they may. I think it's unrealistic to expect a playoff run at 3-7, but that's still the goal. If and when the playoffs become even less realistic I still want to see some core competencies. #1 defense 10 games in is a great start, but Josh Allen inspiring confidence is the the end game for this season.. 

• Like (+1) 1

The real dagger to any playoffs was Peterman's pick 6 VS the Texans. If the Bills win that game, the whole season has a different look going forward. Then to finish the job Anderson's nightmare debut vs the Colts. 2 winnable games vs 2 mediocre to bad teams just blown completely!! It would be typically Billsian to just miss the playoffs by a game after giving those 2 away!

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

If josh allen is our starter, I really want to win as many games as possible.  Even if we miss the playoffs in a tiebreaker.  

What if Barkley is one of those odd late bloomers like Rich Gannon or Kurt Warner and Josh Allen is a bust? 

I really get the sense that some people have become Allen fans more than Bills fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

High draft pick, please.

I was hoping for a two-win season. Damn. Now I'm hoping for a three-win season, ideally with some visible improvement on the field while still losing.

Of course, the players should play to win. But that's not even a question. They will.

The question is what fans should root for, and for the long-term good of the team the best thing to hope for is a high draft pick this year and the wins to start coming next year.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

The last team that played that tank card was the Indy Colts and because they did that, bad voodoo has been placed on them since.

YOU PLAY TO WIN ONE GAME AT A TIME!

as for Playoffs? the 17 year curse is gone, and it doesn't matter how we got there.. we did it..  Get to 7-7 then lets discuss playoffs possibilities yes? but TBH unless Brady is out we go 8-8 at best.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Where are we at? Miracle Playoff run or does each win just ruin draft position? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Given the schedule the miracle playoff run is not impossible.  What I am supposed to be rooting for? 

forget draft position, just win , good players are found everywhere in the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

I am just taking the season as it unfolds.  I believe in McDermott and Beane to turn this team into a consistent winner.   McDermott has a way to refocus this team and not let them give up in the face of adversity.  He is a special coach.

Beane has made some mistakes. But he has had a good draft and has made some good moves as well.  We just need to endure this season and there will be better days ahead for our beloved Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

How about you pick a new team and root for them?