Where are we at? Miracle Playoff run or does each win just ruin draft position?

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I don't believe running the table and going 9-7 will get us into the playoffs.

That said do I like winning?

Damn straight.

I believe it will. The NY Times playoff simulator gives the Bills a 55% chance straight-up of making the playoffs if they finish 9-7.

The easiest road to the playoffs assumes the Pats, Steelers, Texans, Chiefs, and Chargers make the playoffs. The Raiders are already behind us. We don't need to worry about the Jets or Dolphins if we win out. The Browns only need to lose 1 more game. The Broncos only need to lose 1 of their 6 remaining AFC games. The Jags only need to lose one more non-Bills game, just to be safe in terms of more complex tiebreaker scenarios.

So now looking more closely at the 4 teams that will essentially determine our 9-7 playoff fate:

1. Titans finish no better than 4-3: L at Colts, L at Texans, L Redskins

2. Colts finish no better than 4-3: L at Texans, L Cowboys, L at Titans

3. Ravens finish no better than 4-3: L at Falcons, L at Chiefs, L at Chargers

4. Bengals finish no better than 3-4: L at Ravens, L at Chargers, L at Browns, L at Steelers

EDIT: I've been analyzing these playoff scenarios since the very beginning of The Great Drought in 2000. Every. Single. Effing. Time. The games outside our control have played out in our favor. The problem has always been that the Bills haven't done their part of winning out in December.

Edited by MichaelAbdallah
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

What if Barkley is one of those odd late bloomers like Rich Gannon or Kurt Warner and Josh Allen is a bust? 

I really get the sense that some people have become Allen fans more than Bills fans. 

Its not so easy for me.  Part of me wants to see Barkley keep going but, if Allen reaches his potential Id take him over Gannon or Warner.  There is an if with both Barkley and Allen.  The front office and coach are tied to Allen so I cant blame them for goin the way they are gonna go.

After watching us beat the Jets into submission last Sunday, how could anyone want us to do anything other than win as much as possible. Especially because we are coming up on 4 more division rival games.

Who doesn't want us to beat Tom the tormentor in NE?

Win X6

14 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Its not so easy for me.  Part of me wants to see Barkley keep going but, if Allen reaches his potential Id take him over Gannon or Warner.  There is an if with both Barkley and Allen.  The front office and coach are tied to Allen so I cant blame them for goin the way they are gonna go.

Fair enough. I personally never want to see another situation like we had with Doug Flutie, where it never quite felt like the BUFFALO BILLS.

The excuses, bashing other players, etc. to support the Bubble Boy(Allen) are starting to get old and he's played like 5 games.

44 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Me too. Far too much hope is being placed in a high risk draft pick. They'd be wise to have a legitimate back-up plan in place if he doesn't work out. We've seen QB's like Allen come and go.

I'm a Bills fan. Makes no difference who's playing QB.

Mans sometimes it’s best to get a higher pick than to win a game.  If the qb leading the team is considered the future of the franchise, it’s more beneficial for him to win games.  If the QBis a journeyman unlikely to start for us ever again in the midst of a sub .500 season, I’d rather have the higher pick and lose the game by a point.  

We can hope and pray that Matt Barkley can go undefeated and lead us to the playoffs, but that’s lunacy.

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Fair enough. I personally never want to see another situation like we had with Doug Flutie, where it never quite felt like the BUFFALO BILLS.

The excuses, bashing other players, etc. to support the Bubble Boy(Allen) are starting to get old and he's played like 5 games.

And the bashing of the “Bubble Boy” after a handful of starts and the front office that broke an almost 20! year playoff drought in 1 year with limited talent isn’t getting old?  Listen to what you’re saying!  

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Mans sometimes it’s best to get a higher pick than to win a game.  If the qb leading the team is considered the future of the franchise, it’s more beneficial for him to win games.  If the QBis a journeyman unlikely to start for us ever again in the midst of a sub .500 season, I’d rather have the higher pick and lose the game by a point.  

We can hope and pray that Matt Barkley can go undefeated and lead us to the playoffs, but that’s lunacy.

And the bashing of the “Bubble Boy” after a handful of starts and the front office that broke an almost 20! year playoff drought in 1 year with limited talent isn’t getting old?  Listen to what you’re saying!  

Fair enough. So if Allen plays like trash, we won't be hearing about how the entire offensive roster sucks, right? Barkley is not the answer, but the Jets game demonstrated the impact competent QB play can have. Barkley will never play like that again. Got lucky avoiding two picks and I have no doubt he'd once again be a turnover machine if asked to play for an extended period of time. However, he was also willing to take chances with the ball and voila, our receivers went from historically bad to merely below average.

At some point, preferably soon, I'd like to see Josh Allen prove he can sling it around the field. Results are a hell of a lot better than excuses.

Edited by LSHMEAB

Win.

Period.

Draft position doesn't matter if we have our QB.

Winning matters.  Even if it doesn't mean a miracle playoff run--which is incredibly and highly doubtful--it will attract Free Agents in the offseason and show this team is on the brink.  And we have lots of money to spend, so we could very easily be serious contenders next season.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Bubble boy?

42 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Fair enough. So if Allen plays like trash, we won't be hearing about how the entire offensive roster sucks, right? Barkley is not the answer, but the Jets game demonstrated the impact competent QB play can have. Barkley will never play like that again. Got lucky avoiding two picks and I have no doubt he'd once again be a turnover machine if asked to play for an extended period of time. However, he was also willing to take chances with the ball and voila, our receivers went from historically bad to merely below average.

At some point, preferably soon, I'd like to see Josh Allen prove he can sling it around the field. Results are a hell of a lot better than excuses.

The offense does suck.  It’s not an excuse. It’s a fact  One game vs the jets and now we’re good? No.  The jets suck.  Really bad.  We had a good gameplan and executed this past week.  Barkley looked good.  He got rid of the ball and made some good reads.  Vs a terrible D.  

Josh allen will have the same excuse for the next 3 years.  He’s a project that needs to improve and gain experience playing vs top tier talent.   He’s a project that this regime has chosen as their qb of the future.  That’s all.  There is no arguement to be had for the next 3-4 years. He’s their qB.  If and when he’s named starter each week for the next few years, it’s because McBeane chose him to be.    There is no arguement.  Only haters that hate McBeanes decisions.   Those that aren’t hating on McBeane and allen aren’t homers or unreasonable. They’re fans of this team that realize the inevitable course of events that take place regarding our QB position will revolve around josh Allien being our starting QB for the next 3 years minimum.  And if allen fails and we kick him to the curb, I’ll back our Next QB.  I’ll probbaly be backing out next HC and GM too.  

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Just saying, even if they are not in it, what if the Bills come home for the finale and they are 8-7 going against the Dolphins?

The ralph will be rocking.

For me, that'd be a competitive football team.  I'm ok with that.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The offense does suck.  It’s not an excuse. It’s a fact  One game vs the jets and now we’re good? No.  The jets suck.  Really bad.  We had a good gameplan and executed this past week.  Barkley looked good.  He got rid of the ball and made some good reads.  Vs a terrible D.  

Josh allen will have the same excuse for the next 3 years.  He’s a project that needs to improve and gain experience playing vs top tier talent.   He’s a project that this regime has chosen as their qb of the future.  That’s all.  There is no arguement to be had for the next 3-4 years.

3-4 years? That's what they said about EJ.

The offense is bad, but they resemble a real, live professional unit when the QB play is competent.

This is the NFL, which technically stands for National Football League, but Jerry Glanville would beg to differ. Allen needs to put up or shut up.