Where are we at? Miracle Playoff run or does each win just ruin draft position?

I like where we're at right now because if we win with Josh Allen it's a good sign for the future and if we lose we get a better draft spot.  As long as we're in the top 10 we'll get a shot at a decent OT or WR.  Not too worried about it.  The one thing I'm looking at is whether our offense improves or not.  If not, then maybe we need to move on from Daboll.

I want to see more games like last week.  Fun, exciting games where guys show they have potential and are NFL starting players.  I want to see the young guys play and show they belong, so the Bills don't look like they need 11 new starters on both sides of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

What if Barkley is one of those odd late bloomers like Rich Gannon or Kurt Warner and Josh Allen is a bust? 

I really get the sense that some people have become Allen fans more than Bills fans. 

What if Matt Barkley is a one in a Million type QB?  You just andweee your own question.  

I get the sense that some people here are just clueless.  

Just keep playing hard week to week.  That is the NFL.   Every week is a new week with an opportunity to win a football game.   In today's NFL, unless one of the teams has one of the 6 or 7 unicorn franchise QB guys, every game is winnable by either side on any given Sunday.   So go and get it .  The offseason is going to be great, so lets go into it with a bang.    Not sure we are playing any unicorns for the rest of the season, other than Brady, who looks like father time is coming to get him anyway..

Edited by ProcessTruster

I said it in another post last week, but I'm not so concerned having a super high draft pick now that we have our franchise qb (hopefully). I want more wins this season. We need o line and offense in the draft and we can get alot of good players that arnt in the top 10 of each round. I say go all out and try and get to 9-7. We have alot of draft picks and lots of free agency money. 

• Like (+1) 1

As fan, you're entitled to root for whatever you'd like....wonderful America we live in.

That said, for me, I'd prefer they continue to win. IMHO you only accept the abysmal season when: 1. you know it's going to happen 2. you're looking for your Franchise QB.

Now, no one really knows if Josh Allen is *that* QB, but we do know it is way, way too early to decide that he isn't. So, with the young guys on the roster, with the playoffs last year, with the coaching staff being in just their second year and Beane on through his first real Off-season, I see the winning as a culture setter. An establishment that accepting losing for ANY reason is unacceptable and to push the limits of talent, hard work, attention to detail and team chemistry to create the winning culture where accountability is demanded not due to threat of being fired or released but because the larger environment commands it's due process. 

We are in a position where the young guys are getting experience and we are building for the future. I want my team to win. Draft position is a byproduct of what you see on the field. Wherever we end up we will have played our way there and the staff still has to be able to recognize talent then make the right decision for the team draft wise. 

13 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Where are we at? Miracle Playoff run or does each win just ruin draft position? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Given the schedule the miracle playoff run is not impossible.  What I am supposed to be rooting for? 

Those aren’t the only two choices. Mixed results lead to this core of young players and front office for that matter learning how to win NFL games. 

that’s the whole ‘process’ concept 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

13 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Where are we at? Miracle Playoff run or does each win just ruin draft position? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Given the schedule the miracle playoff run is not impossible.  What I am supposed to be rooting for? 

Too many holes to fill, so put me in the ruining draft position camp.

Of course, if they lose out I’ll be on the ledge looking for a soft landing place. Maybe the Chargers. Good weather, in need of fan support?

14 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

One game at a time. Just win.

Don't worry about draft position. If you draft well, it works itself out. Just draft good football players.

that's it in a nutshell.  according to the media, we have the easiest remaining schedule with the pats being the only team with a winning record to go against.

also,  if somehow the pats drop 3 maybe minn,/ pitt and at miami and we run the table, we could be playing them for the division title at the end.

it all starts this sunday and i myself would prefer they give barkley one more start.  i would rather try to ride the hot hand until we get one more loss.

The Bills organization is much larger than the people you see on the field on Sundays.  It's hundreds of employees.  

It's easier to pay the bills when the Bills are competitive and winning football games.  Paying bills gets harder when fans don't show up or buy merchandise because the team isn't competitive.  You aren't going to make a lot of money when your tickets sell for $5.  

That's all I ask as a fan - be a competitive football team.  Do what it takes to win.  That's what you're in the business to do.  Winning=making $$$ for everyone involved.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

What if Matt Barkley is a one in a Million type QB?  You just andweee your own question.  

I get the sense that some people here are just clueless.  

Me too. Far too much hope is being placed in a high risk draft pick. They'd be wise to have a legitimate back-up plan in place if he doesn't work out. We've seen QB's like Allen come and go.

I'm a Bills fan. Makes no difference who's playing QB.

Edited by LSHMEAB

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

The Bills organization is much larger than the people you see on the field on Sundays.  It's hundreds of employees.  

It's easier to pay the bills when the Bills are competitive and winning football games.  Paying bills gets harder when fans don't show up or buy merchandise because the team isn't competitive.  You aren't going to make a lot of money when your tickets sell for $5.  

That's all I ask as a fan - be a competitive football team.  Do what it takes to win.  That's what you're in the business to do.  Winning=making $$$ for everyone involved.

Just saying, even if they are not in it, what if the Bills come home for the finale and they are 8-7 going against the Dolphins?

The ralph will be rocking.

17 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Where’s Jim Mora when you need him? 

Id prefer finishing 8-8 or 9-7 to a high pick.  That would mean we have a lot less needs.

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Too many holes to fill, so put me in the ruining draft position camp.

Of course, if they lose out I’ll be on the ledge looking for a soft landing place. Maybe the Chargers. Good weather, in need of fan support?

Why wait.  Go now.