Where are we at? Miracle Playoff run or does each win just ruin draft position?

Thought there would be a poll, but playoffs hadn't even crossed my mind this year. I'd prefer the higher draft pick. That being said, I'd really prefer watching them win on Sunday, but if all I can watch is Allen develop and get a high draft pick in a year I wasn't expecting anywhere near a playoff run? That's just fine for now.

1. We aren't getting anywhere near the playoffs this season.

2. Losing for better draft position is fools gold. If you're not winning, it only means you're banged up or you just have that much more room for improvement or you've already nailed down a playoff berth and don't want to risk injury. The players are going to keep playing for pride, money or their jobs. If they aren't trying any more, they aren't that good anyways for that reason -- they give up too easily.

• Like (+1) 3

If you're wanting a miracle playoff run, you should be rooting for none of the following teams to go on a hot streak: the Colts, Titans, Ravens, and Bengals. By hot streak, I mean not winning 5+ of their remaining 7 games. Even 4 wins might be pushing it for the Titans and Bengals, depending on the tiebreaker scenarios for the teams finishing 9-7. Looking at their schedules, I personally think all 4 teams I mentioned WILL fall short and that the Bills WILL make the playoffs if they were to somehow magically finish 9-7.

• Like (+1) 1

You prepare and demand the team do its' best to win every game even after being eliminated from the playoffs. You want to develop young players,  a winning culture and winning habits.  The Bills have a ton of money to spend this off-season so you want free agents to want to come to Buffalo.   Pedal to the metal.

• Like (+1) 6

We have (at least we hope we have) our franchise QB.  I don't know that a few spots of draft position will make as much difference THIS YEAR as in some other years.  I'd rather see they try to win while developing Allen and some other young players.   It will also make Sundays more entertaining THIS YEAR.  If we had a horrible defense and no chance to be competitive in any games, I might prefer to to focus on draft position, but we have an excellent D, an excellent placekicker and a few pieces on offense, so why not build a foundation for the future with a few more wins?

Think about the potential for this draft class if Allen pans out:  Allen, Edmonds, Phillips, Taron Johnson and Wyatt Teller.  That's an amazing draft.  Combine that with White, Zay, Dawkins and Milano from last year.  Impressive.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not thinking playoffs because they don't deserve it & won't get in.  What I want is to win as many games as possible with Allen looking so good at QB that free agents want to join an up & coming team.  The younger people around here don't recall the days when players wanted to play for the Bills because they wanted to play for a winner.  We used to get premium free agents wanting to play with Kelly & company. 

I really dont want to root for this team to lose....I just dont want to get to the end of the year and have another season where we

Are not in the playoffs

Watching teams you know tanked getting first dibs on players

Then there is the trade down option if you get a premium pick

Im not going to worry about it...the season will take care of itself

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I'm not thinking playoffs because they don't deserve it & won't get in.  What I want is to win as many games as possible with Allen looking so good at QB that free agents want to join an up & coming team.  The younger people around here don't recall the days when players wanted to play for the Bills because they wanted to play for a winner.  We used to get premium free agents wanting to play with Kelly & company. 

Great post - Look at the FA signings from 1995 - 1999!

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If they go 9-7 again, they don't deserve the playoffs...

This is why we can't have nice things.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I really dont want to root for this team to lose....I just dont want to get to the end of the year and have another season where we

Are not in the playoffs

Watching teams you know tanked getting first dibs on players

Then there is the trade down option if you get a premium pick

Im not going to worry about it...the season will take care of itself

Basically my thoughts as well.

In reality I would like to see them get as many rookies as many live game reps as possible just so they have the experience.  This is likely going to lead to blow out loses more than likely but playing to win at this point is basically going to be a moral victory even if they end up 6-10, 7-9, 8-8.

With less than 1% of a chance to make the playoffs there is no reason to not just throw ***** at the wall and see what sticks.

8 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If they get in, they deserve it.  Would you expect them to turn a berth down?

This is a moot point as they will not make the playoffs.

You play to win the game. Winning breeds winnning. This team needs to continue to learn how to be winners no matter what. 

If they make a miraculous run at the playoffs, even better. 

If they win just enough to screw up a top 10 draft pick...... who cares? We won’t be drafting another QB early in the draft no matter what next year. LBs, OLmen, WRs, DBs can all be drafted just as easily at 10th overall or 20th. Doesn’t really matter. Allen progressing is all that matters for our future. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1