What Should the Bills Address with the Two Open Roster Spots? - Make It One

26CornerBlitz

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

In all seriousness David Amerson would be my first target. He has a CHANCE to be the CB opposite Tre. That would be a great addition at this point. I’d add Tanner Gentry as well. You did well with the first 2 young receivers last week. Give Allen a comfortable target that may help him develop.

The Cardinals read our suggestion, got scared, and signed Amerson last night :lol:

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yeah. Ray Ray doesn’t need to be here

I envisioned Ray Ray being used more like as a slash type player, a young Dion Lewis or a James White, as both a runner and a receiver. He was a big time running back in high school and those skills are still there. He could be catching option routes out of the backfield or lining up in the slot etc. I think he and McKenzie are different types of players.  Ray Ray is more quick than fast and we simply have not seen him use his talents in space yet. He's a gadget player being used as a regular reciever imo. I think there is room for both he and McKenzie on the roster. At least for now. 

Just now, Nanker said:

https://www.chicagobears.com/team/players-roster/tanner-gentry/

whynot try this guy? He was a Josh Allen target at Wyoming. 

There are 6 games left in the season, we aren't going to the playoffs, we have two spots and I want to see how Allen is doing.

I am honestly not against this idea, Nanker.

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We have ivory dinged up and only two running backs.

Two words:  Fred Jackson.

(stop, stop, stop.  I love him...I am just kidding)

I wonder what A -Train and Lionel Gates are doing? Maybe hanging out with Shawn Bryson and Xavier Omon somewhere? 

Anyway I mentioned above I'd love to see Ray Ray get some running back reps. To me he is a Dion Lewis type of player, not a strict reciever. 

The best guys on the free agent market are probably Charcandrick West and CJ Anderson. Either would work as a fill in for Ivory, but I think are more likely to wind up on a contender. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I wonder what A -Train and Lionel Gates are doing? Maybe hanging out with Shawn Bryson and Xavier Omon somewhere? 

Anyway I mentioned above I'd love to see Ray Ray get some running back reps. To me he is a Dion Lewis type of player, not a strict reciever. 

The best guys on the free agent market are probably Charcandrick West and CJ Anderson. Either would work as a fill in for Ivory, but I think are more likely to wind up on a contender. 

Eps, you screwed me on emojis because I wanted to up vote you for your comment on current players and do a laugh because of the old ones!

SO I just stuck with Thank you.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Eps, you screwed me on emojis because I wanted to up vote you for your comment on current players and do a laugh because of the old ones!

SO I just stuck with Thank you.

I have this habit of following a corny joke with an actual real comment. Sorry to cause you a dilemma ?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Our TE’s are a trash heap- we need to address this now, in FA, and the draft. 

Maybe someone can help me with this, but I for one can't understand why Troy Niklas is sitting on the free agent market. I know he is not super fast, but he never was fast. He's 6-6, 270. Had a good career at Notre Dame and was a highly touted prospect. Fell to the second round, meaning most people thought he was going to go to the first round. He's had injury issues, so I know that is a ding. He signed with the Pats and they cut him after like two days. From all accounts he is a good guy and super hard worker. He comes from that Matthews family tree and is a good blocker. Am I missing something?  

I think he is worth a look. Even if you don't like him as a receiver, have him gain 30 lbs and make him a tackle. I just have trouble with the fact that this guy is a street free agent. I mean he isn't better than Khari Lee or whatever scrub tight ends sit on the back end of NFL rosters? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Maybe someone can help me with this, but I for one can't understand why Troy Niklas is sitting on the free agent market. I know he is not super fast, but he never was fast. He's 6-6, 270. Had a good career at Notre Dame and was a highly touted prospect. Fell to the second round, meaning most people thought he was going to go to the first round. He's had injury issues, so I know that is a ding. He signed with the Pats and they cut him after like two days. From all accounts he is a good guy and super hard worker. He comes from that Matthews family tree and is a good blocker. Am I missing something?  

I think he is worth a look. Even if you don't like him as a receiver, have him gain 30 lbs and make him a tackle. I just have trouble with the fact that this guy is a street free agent. I mean he isn't better than Khari Lee or whatever scrub tight ends sit on the back end of NFL rosters? 

This gives a little bit more insight on him, but not much.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/04/05/3-things-to-know-about-new-patriots-tight-end-troy-niklas

I can imagine his warts may still be a little with injuries and also how he picks things up and whether he can, as Pryor says "ball", but not like prior, actually ball.

• Thank you (+1) 1