Is our offensive roster good now?

Virgil

I'd try and draft a true #1 WR in the 1st round. Marquise Brown gets my vote. I'd also overpay Matt Paradis to get us a dominant C and keep Bodine as a backup. We also still need a RG and RT, and a consistent slot receiver. And a #1 TE and a RB to eventually replace Shady. So no I wouldn't say our offensive roster is really even close to good yet. We have potentially 5 future starters in Allen, Teller, Zay, Dawkins, and Foster, and most of them aren't proven yet.

Edited by HappyDays

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd try and draft a true #1 WR in the 1st round. Marquise Brown gets my vote. I'd also overpay Matt Paradis to get us a dominant C and keep Bodine as a backup. We also still need a RG and RT, and a consistent slot receiver. And a #1 TE and am RB to eventually replace Shady. So no I wouldn't say our offensive roster is really even close to good yet.

We need some swag on offense so "Hollywood" Brown is definitely the way to go.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd try and draft a true #1 WR in the 1st round. Marquise Brown gets my vote. I'd also overpay Matt Paradis to get us a dominant C and keep Bodine as a backup. We also still need a RG and RT, and a consistent slot receiver. And a #1 TE and am RB to eventually replace Shady. So no I wouldn't say our offensive roster is really even close to good yet.

I like Brown a lot as a dynamic receiving prospect. But if the Bills were intent on drafting him I wouldn't draft him where our probable first round pick would be. I would trade down and get him and then address some other issues, especially on the OL.  

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont think we will get all of this in one offseasn

Jordan Mills is a RT starter in this parity league....he is far from our worst problem...if OC and RG were greatly improved this OL would actually be decent.

Harrison Phillips is Meatball's replacement....would not shock me to see Jordan Phillips back either he looks like a keeper

We REALLY need to address TE this offseason....I think Clay is toast

I think Lorax stays...he is still playing well

In short...I think the D is most set and is playing lights out......we need to hard core press on the offensive side of the ball this offseason......

Jordan Phillips has been a very solid pick up.Miami didn't want his cocky attitude..he plays angry football...mean football.IMO...Beane should work on a contract now.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

I like Brown a lot as a dynamic receiving prospect. But if the Bills were intent on drafting him I wouldn't draft him where our probable first round pick would be. I would trade down and get him and then address some other issues, especially on the OL.  

I agree, I would trade down if we end up in the top 3. But you never know with this team. I could see us ending up 7-9 and drafting 10th in which case I wouldn't get cute and trade down. A true #1 WR is the most important thing we can get right now, and I would argue a #1 TE is not far below that.

14 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

The Bills beat one of the only teams that are worse than the Bills.

They still need

C

G

T

WR 1

WR 3

TE

QB* Jury still out

Good stuff here Count!  Get a starting C - can be had in Rds 3-4 if we are picking in high part of round.  I would be ok with drafting an OT in Rd 1 and moving Dawkins to RT or G.  He would be a very Athletic G if used properly.  TE and WR are scheme secific pickups and may be wht we are seeing Foster, McCloud and McKenzie getting chance late in year to see what is needed at WR.  

55 minutes ago, Virgil said:

A lot of people on here have been harping on the offensive talent we don’t have and how we can’t win.  However, as our offensive line appears to be improving, Zay looking to be a #2, and if these young kids at WR keep it together, does our list of offensive needs shrink?

Besides a true #1 WR, what is our glaring needs?  And if that’s the case, what’s been the problem with the offense?  Is it QB play?  Did Daboll finally figure it out?  

I’m not being sarcastic or attacking any one thing, but it’s interesting how much things look to have changed in a week.  

For me, I’m looking for RB, TE, O-Line upgrades if they are BPA, but nothing that’s holding us back.  But I also am aware that it’s only been one week.  

No, and I really hope 1 game doesn't shift any kind of focus with management.

The O-line needs at least 3 more legit starters and an effective swing player. Zay still has a ways to go to be considered a possible #2. Either way, we need 2 quality WR's, 1 of them needing to be an elite talent, 1 good TE and another solid TE2/quality backup, and a RB. 

I'm also of the philosophy that you should keep drafting QB's to give yourself a shot at landing a diamond in the rough. Allen is obviously talented but he's anything but a given at QB. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

Not much has changed except the opponent and the QB. Are we good? No, not without more evidence. But at least that was fun to watch, and I rarely zero in on a LG to see what’s happening. Watching Teller was entertaining at times. The guys just looking for someone to bulldoze! 

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I agree, I would trade down if we end up in the top 3. But you never know with this team. I could see us ending up 7-9 and drafting 10th in which case I wouldn't get cute and trade down. A true #1 WR is the most important thing we can get right now, and I would argue a #1 TE is not far below that.

Most people are saying this is a DL rich class. Whether we are drafting near the top of the board or 7-12 I see McDermott more inclined to take a defensive lineman. That's where his leanings are. That is not to say that the emphasis for this offseason won't be focused on the offense. The Bills have a full complement of picks and a grand amount of cap space. 

My preference would be would be to trade down a little and add another second or third round pick. I would love to get OK's Brown at wideout. He reminds me a little of Antonio Brown because of his dynamism and ability to make big plays. The reason why I believe he would be available with a trade down is because of his small and lean stature. I'm not bothered by his small stature.  He has played in a big program against big time opposition and has demonstrated that he is a playmaker. 

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I would love to get OK's Brown at wideout. He reminds me a little of Antonio Brown because of his dynamism and ability to make big plays. The reason why I believe he would be available with a trade down is because of his small and lean stature. I'm not bothered by his small stature.  He has played in a big program against big time opposition and has demonstrated that he is a playmaker. 

Yep size doesn't matter as much anymore for receivers. The rule changes have made it much easier to survive an NFL season. 10 years ago Tyreek Hill would have been destroyed but now defenders can't touch him until the ball is in his hands. I see Brown having a similar impact.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Still need a Center and RG. Still need WR talent. Still need a TE that can play without getting hurt every other snap (preferably a bigger, stronger one).

You're okay with Mills?  How so?  You don't go very far without a really solid OL and ours has been nowhere near that.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD