Terrelle Pryor - cut

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I told the board when they signed this dude that he sucked and was overrated.  His Redskins teammates hated him.  His stone hands and lack of effort on a couple plays vs. Chicago and NYJ was almost Kelvin Benjamin-like.  

That summed it up unfortunately.

Surprising but a chance worth taking on an athlete like that.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

No, not after his performance (or more correctly, lack thereof), in the Jagoffs playoff game last year.

Look who was throwing to him, the backup QB in Cleveland and some guy we just cut. To me Thompson an upgrade to Ray Ray in the passing game and maybe even better than KB.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He seemed to be running lazy routes on Sunday but I'm surprised they didn't keep him around longer - they seem to have zero patience or player development interest.

If Pryor hasn't developed yet, he's not going to. He's like 29 yrs old. So, in this case it was lack of patience on a vet that isn't good.

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

His stone hands and lack of effort on a couple plays vs. Chicago and NYJ was almost Kelvin Benjamin-like.  

I was going to say this - I was amazed he didn't get more crap for his Benjamin-esque lack of effort on multiple plays those two games - like made no effort at all to go for the ball.   Glad to see him gone.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BillsFanMike said:

If they cut Benjamin we won't have a chance at a compensatory pick when another team signs him in the off season. 

AT first this made sense to me...but with 80 mil in cap space and a seeming aversion to huge money contracts, I suspect this front office is going to sign a lot of solid but not big name free agents.  Think Poyer and Hyde from a year ago.  If that is the case, they will probably sign quite a few free agents and have no shot at a compensatory pick.

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

KB will allow us a chance for a comp pick next year.  At this time,  it is silly to let him go.

...we'll get a "sympathy pick" right after he signs for OBJ money......if they expanded the draft to 17 rounds like in the early 70's, we'd get a 16th....barely...............

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Bum.  Well done 

...he even PO'ed the Jets Bowles by discussing his injury with the media.......two filaments short of a bright light.....

36 minutes ago, Dopey said:

If Pryor hasn't developed yet, he's not going to. He's like 29 yrs old. So, in this case it was lack of patience on a vet that isn't good.

I gotta say...I was really disappointed when he popped that ball up in the air.....that was a chance to make a great play maybe even haul it in and do something with it......

Of course I have watched KB watch balls that he should have made a play for fall to the ground....so there is that......they need to bench him to prove a point.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I gotta say...I was really disappointed when he popped that ball up in the air.....that was a chance to make a great play maybe even haul it in and do something with it......

Of course I have watched KB watch balls that he should have made a play for fall to the ground....so there is that......they need to bench him to prove a point.

On KB some feel he still draws attention from opposing defenses. I think it's holding on for a comp pick.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

This team has more meaningless roster churn during the season than anyone I've ever heard of.  :wacko:

This is nothing compared to the Seahawks after Peter boy took over. They made over 100 player transactions his first year on the job. 

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

It amazes me with how bad we are at the position how fast we get rid of a freshly signed WR.  Yet we still keep KB.  Go figure.  I know he didn't do anything and I am not upset about it or anything, but still.  They aren't giving these guys any kind of chance and yet sit there keeping an obviously heartless bum that drops pass after pass, td after td, making no effort.

I like McDermott as a coach, but he seems to have a blind spot for certain players.  Unfortunately KB is one of them.

Personally I would take Pryor in a straight up trade for Benjamin.  So I think this is a minor mistake. 

43 minutes ago, Dopey said:

On KB some feel he still draws attention from opposing defenses. I think it's holding on for a comp pick.

the Bills are not going to fill up 90 million of cap space AND get comp picks.