Terrelle Pryor - cut

Reed83HOF

Just now, MJS said:

He should be on the bench then.

But do you think anyone will give him a significant contract?

I agree with on the bench.  He WILL get a decent contract but he WONT deserve it. Guessing he will net us a 4th or 5th (based on the Bills overall+/- net free agent class signings).

I keep seeing poster's complaining that we are trying out these low salary on the street free agents/low draft pick aquisitions

We are dead cap strapped

If you dont try you will never improve

You might find lightening in a bottle (mcKenzie might be that.....Colemen was not.....Pryor was low risk/high reward.....Colemen the same

Dont B word that they are not trying to improve the roster then B word when they do and it does not work out.....there are no number 1 receivers on the market right now....jesus Dez Bryant broke his body after less then a week?

2 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I agree with on the bench.  He WILL get a decent contract but he WONT deserve it. Guessing he will net us a 4th or 5th (based on the Bills overall+/- net free agent class signings).

I guess we'll see.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep, I expect they want to continue to increase Zay’s targets and then get the young guys involved - ray ray, mckenzie, Phillips  to evaluate them.

More of them means less of KB, and that’s a very good thing! 

34 minutes ago, BuffalOhio said:

From what I understand, it is better to have Benjamin on the roster and get a compensatory draft pick when he signs somewhere else.  Doesn't mean he has to be on the field.  He's 100 percent useless and I was done with him early in the LAC game when he was lazy on a block and his man stopped Shady at the line of scrimmage.  DONE.

Not sure if OBD will be getting compensation for our lost FA's as many will be budget signees elsewhere and we will have $80mm plus to chase starter / game changer FA's.

The comp picks are awarded based on net losses so not a given we get any.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

'm glad to see him go.  Certainly didn't contribute much.   But beyond that, he just didn't feel like a McDermott type guy.  A guy with that much phyusical talent either isn't too smart or isn't working hard enough - he just should be a better player than he is.  

Keep the merry-go-round going until you find some keepers.  

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Bills have more first and second year players on their roster than any team in the league but “have zero player development interest”.

I love this forum.

Here come the "the Bills have one of the oldest rosters in the league" responses.

1 minute ago, gjv001 said:

It could have been the half-hearted effort he made on a Barkley pass that was the last straw for McDermott. I got the impression from his interviews that he considered himself a primadonna on this team. 

Was it worse than the one Benjamin essentially ignored? I can't remember the specifics, but he was behind the defender at the sideline, and he just let one fall by his side. It genuinely looked like even the least effort could have brought it in. I'll try to find it.

57 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It amazes me with how bad we are at the position how fast we get rid of a freshly signed WR.  Yet we still keep KB.  Go figure.  I know he didn't do anything and I am not upset about it or anything, but still.  They aren't giving these guys any kind of chance and yet sit there keeping an obviously heartless bum that drops pass after pass, td after td, making no effort.

The bums they're cutting don't have the connections to Carolina that the bums they keep have.

59 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow. I am tempted to say that it was too soon to move on from him. Gotta give these guys a chance to learn the playbook and assimilate with the team. But we don't know all the details.

He has a habit of wearing out his welcome on WR-needy teams. 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

It amazes me with how bad we are at the position how fast we get rid of a freshly signed WR.  Yet we still keep KB.  Go figure.  I know he didn't do anything and I am not upset about it or anything, but still.  They aren't giving these guys any kind of chance and yet sit there keeping an obviously heartless bum that drops pass after pass, td after td, making no effort.

If they cut Benjamin we won't have a chance at a compensatory pick when another team signs him in the off season.