Terrelle Pryor - cut

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

It amazes me with how bad we are at the position how fast we get rid of a freshly signed WR.  Yet we still keep KB.  Go figure.  I know he didn't do anything and I am not upset about it or anything, but still.  They aren't giving these guys any kind of chance and yet sit there keeping an obviously heartless bum that drops pass after pass, td after td, making no effort.

Pryor gave no effort either and we had much less “invested” in him, so it is easier to let him go. There was one play on Sunday where the ball was a bit off target and he didn’t even bother to extend to the ball or attempt to get to it. Time to spread the reps to the young guys to see what they can do.

21 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The bums they're cutting don't have the connections to Carolina that the bums they keep have.

Man we we need a thumbs down rep on this board - I do not understand why the Carolina connection is still an issue - they have been bringing in guys from everyplace.

it is as played out as the religious reasons card that keeps being brought up.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Honestly I’ve been thinking for awhile now that given the state of their salary cap and what’s available, they may as well load up on youth and speed and the expense of experience or height.  Pressure the defense to cover a bunch of fast guys.

When Josh gets back, fast guys will be even more valuable. That's probably another reason.

This should have been well known before the season started. A lot of us (including you IIRC) were criticizing the handling of the QB situation because we had no WR, and Popgun Pete, which would allow the defenses to easily take away our run game, and we wouldn't and couldn't beat them over the top, which was exactly what happened.

And it didn't take a rocket surgeon. It's incredible that McD and Beane didn't accept this.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I told the board when they signed this dude that he sucked and was overrated.  His Redskins teammates hated him.  His stone hands and lack of effort on a couple plays vs. Chicago and NYJ was almost Kelvin Benjamin-like.  

Yeah I felt this too.  I asked why the Jets would dump him when it turns out he isn't really injured.

Dude sucks, straight up.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

Man we we need a thumbs down rep on this board - I do not understand why the Carolina connection is still an issue - they have been bringing in guys from everyplace.

McDermott and Beane have obviously run out of street FAs with connections to Carolina.

I give my opinion  -- and my opinion of McDermott/Beane/Pegulas and how they're running this team is pretty low, and I don't give a rat's scrawny behind whether you like that opinion or not.  If you don't like what I have to say, put me on "ignore".

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

It amazes me with how bad we are at the position how fast we get rid of a freshly signed WR.  Yet we still keep KB.  Go figure.  I know he didn't do anything and I am not upset about it or anything, but still.  They aren't giving these guys any kind of chance and yet sit there keeping an obviously heartless bum that drops pass after pass, td after td, making no effort.

They didn't spend a 3rd round pick on Pryor.  Benji isn't going anywhere. Although it can be credibly argued that he should be let go.  I don't get cutting Pryor after two weeks.  And folks get upset when players hold out for better financial or situational circumstances. More power to them because these teams will sign em today and cut em tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

McDermott and Beane have obviously run out of street FAs with connections to Carolina.

I give my opinion  -- and my opinion of McDermott/Beane/Pegulas and how they're running this team is pretty low, and I don't give a rat's scrawny behind whether you like that opinion or not.  If you don't like what I have to say, put me on "ignore".

I could not care less what you think, but look through the players signed and on the team now - the number connected to Carolina is tiny.

3 players on the Current Roster -

KB at WR

Star at DT

DA at QB

That is the entirety of the Carolina connection with Buffalo.

Even the guys brought in and cut recently have been from other places. Denver, NE, NYJ, etc.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I am within my rights to call you on it.

It is something that people that do not like Beane and McDermott try to push as a big issue and it just is not.  Have they brought in some ex-panthers - yep and when they find a better player they have replaced them all over the field - just like FAs from any other team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4