Munchin’ on some Crow

billsfan_34

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Shaq Lawson is really having a fine season. I was one of many on here that thought he just wasnt getting it at the NFL level. Guess it goes to show ya some just need time to develop- besides Pick Six Peterman lol. Go Bills

I tried to tell you.

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Shaq Lawson is really having a fine season. I was one of many on here that thought he just wasnt getting it at the NFL level. Guess it goes to show ya some just need time to develop- besides Pick Six Peterman lol. Go Bills

Takes a real man to fess up - good on you

Shaq has been a revelation since Murphy went down.  Hoping we can see a 4 man pass rush of Murphy/shaq/zo and Jerry get after Brady in a few weeks

• Thank you (+1) 1

Zay has turned into a decent #2 WR ... he's a helluva lot better than his rookie campaign.

Shaq has improved as well and I would rather have him on the field at this point than the oft injured Murphy.

TB12 sucks boys and girls ... Stay away from the steroids.

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Agree he has played well this year...

So like I asked in the last Shaq thread - do they pick up his 5th year option for 2020?

I think it will cost them $10-11M...

Its a tough decision I think... 

If it's between Shaq and Murphy, you pick up the option and dump Murphy. It's a bit high, but it's worth it as a one year investment to see if he'll continue to develop.

Unless we're drafting DE in round 1, which I doubt, you keep him.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

If it's between Shaq and Murphy, you pick up the option and dump Murphy. It's a bit high, but it's worth it as a one year investment to see if he'll continue to develop.

Unless we're drafting DE in round 1, which I doubt, you keep him.

Yeah... that’s probably the way to go...

Its a decent chunk of coin... they are paying Hughes $9m per year for comparison... but as Shaq still seems to be improving I think you pony up and give yourself another year to evaluate him..

They also seem to have the money to spare..

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yeah... that’s probably the way to go...

Its a decent chunk of coin... they are paying Hughes $9m per year for comparison... but as Shaq still seems to be improving I think you pony up and give yourself another year to evaluate him..

They also seem to have the money to spare..

The Bills would definitely be overpaying at 10/11 mil for a DE not particularly good at rushing the passer, but he's 24 years old and seems to be gaining confidence. Maybe the pass rush will come with time. I still don't trust him enough to give out a long term deal even if it would save us $. That's why I'd lean towards picking up that extension with no future liability if it doesn't go well in 2020.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

It’s hard to justify paying some these guys when McDermott rotates his line so much.  I think he’s done a great job in run support and containment, but his pass rush doesn’t really jump off the page.  

Usually, as a outside lineman, you need to have the sack number to get paid.  

Between the rotation, paying Murphy and Hughes, I don’t know how you can have 30 mil locked up there.  

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s hard to justify paying some these guys when McDermott rotates his line so much.  I think he’s done a great job in run support and containment, but his pass rush doesn’t really jump off the page.  

Usually, as a outside lineman, you need to have the sack number to get paid.  

Between the rotation, paying Murphy and Hughes, I don’t know how you can have 30 mil locked up there.  

I guess we will see how Beane is at drafting late round gems to keep the cost of the DL reasonable.

35 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Zay has turned into a decent #2 WR ... he's a helluva lot better than his rookie campaign.

Shaq has improved as well and I would rather have him on the field at this point than the oft injured Murphy.

TB12 sucks boys and girls ... Stay away from the steroids.

Is anyone else wondering how quickly Barkley develop chemistry with Zay? They were connecting all day Sunday. Josh and NP had all season and don't have that  feel with Zay at all.

46 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Takes a real man to fess up - good on you

Shaq has been a revelation since Murphy went down.  Hoping we can see a 4 man pass rush of Murphy/shaq/zo and Jerry get after Brady in a few weeks

A healthy Murphy would really help things! 

I don't think it's unrealistic to think Lawson was right there waiting to be certified as a bust.  He was injured his rookie year, didn't do much of anything his sophomore season either.  Now he's finally developing into a solid NFL player and that's great.  But it wasn't set in stone I didn't think he'd make the roster this year, i figured since he was a Whaley pick he would be traded for at best a 4th round pick and we'd be done.  Glad I was wrong.  I hate being right when it comes to failings at draft picks.