How Would You Handle Our Current Season?

6 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Hypothetically, after the complete ***** show that happened in Baltimore, Beane was fired Monday morning, and they brought you in. What would you have done as GM from that point onward to change our season?

This thread will be entertaining.  No doubt many here think they can lord over the NFL like a Walmart manager lords over a bunch of floor sweeping and shelf stocking flunkies.

You really only had to do one thing to stay competitive. Sure, you could have fired Juan Castillo and/or Terry Robiskie (still tempting) but lets' say you didn't want to be that dramatic.

All you had to do was under no circumstances play Nate Peterman again.  You start Allen and get to trying out a better backup quarterback post haste.

The season may have been different if you didn't have the countless Peterman implosions.  

Well I'd hire back Beane because firing a GM after one season when they made the playoffs is insanity despite one really bad game.

But if I was GM I would've cut Nate, brought in Matt Moore, and realigned the QB room based off of that. WR wise I would've tried to get a guy like Prior earlier and made the WR corp faster like Beane eventually has done here.

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

Well I'd hire back Beane because firing a GM after one season when they made the playoffs is insanity despite one really bad game.

But if I was GM I would've cut Nate, brought in Matt Moore, and realigned the QB room based off of that. WR wise I would've tried to get a guy like Prior earlier and made the WR corp faster like Beane eventually has done here.

How do you sign Moore when by any reports made known that he was done with the NFL?

Just now, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Let's be honest. Everybody has a price.

Let's be honest.  Moore knows he can make far more being a NFL QB than a Walmart manager or if he has a legit degree a bottom level white collar professional.  Yet, he is still at home and anything I have heard about him that he was approached by other teams.  If he was really interested he would have put a price out and likely it would have become known that the reason he did not sign was a difference in money.  No reports out there concerning Moore and money.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Start Josh Allen and immediately bring in a couple veteran signal callers.  Pretty much what Beane did except I would bring in a couple veterans sooner than he did.

Like after the AJM trade....

Like who and at what expense?  People talk Bridgewater but there were concerns whether he was fully healed during the offseason.

Bring in any of Kyle Allen, Davis Webb, Landry Jones, Tyler Bray, Jake Rudock.

Cut Peterman.

Bring in Allen Lazard or Marcell Ateman.

Cut KB.

Bring in Keenan Reynolds.

Cut Ray Ray.

We might have 1 more win. I'm not sure if that's better or worse, all things considered.

EDIT: I'd also peek at Storm Norton.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

16 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Like who and at what expense?  People talk Bridgewater but there were concerns whether he was fully healed during the offseason.

I’m not talking about guys like Bridgewater who could start for a lot of teams.  I would make Allen the starter, and bring in guys similar to our current back-ups, DA and Barkley.  IMO, this is Allen’s team until proven otherwise.

I wouldn't pass judgment on the previous administration.  I would start with an objective assessment of what I had:

Based on Peterman's previous performances to that date, I wouldn't start him again.

The rest of my focus would be on the O-Line because in my opinion that's where everything starts on offense.  So how do I improve one of the worst lines in the league?  I would try simplifying the playbook as much as possible and focus on running the ball. 

Now the hard part:  Do I sit Allen and bring in a free agent QB to start?  I would be inclined to set Allen behind a veteran, even if it's a journeyman.  Josh has a lot of potential, provided his confidence isn't destroyed behind a bad O-Line. 

Those would be my first steps.  Now whether or not it would work......................probably not, because I think the team's biggest problem is the O-Line and that takes time to fix. 

Edited by gobillsinytown