Just heard an interesting Eli rumor (not Bills related)

Kirby Jackson

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Derek Carr is the same way. He’s in that tier IMO. He isn’t some franchise savior. He’s an acceptable QB.

I think Carr is worse off. Dak can make plays but is limited by his arm talent. Carr to me looks mentally ruined. He desperately needs a new situation.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A guy that I work with is exetremely close to the Manning Family (Cooper is his godfather). He was telling me today that the Cowboys have been having casual conversations with Eli’s management if he becomes available. I’m fairly certain that’s tampering but these types of conversations must be pretty common. They think, with that OL, he would have a couple of years left.

This is also interesting as to where they must stand regarding Dak. 

If it's tampering or not depends on where the Giants stand - if they're interested in working a trade of some kind (hey - in the new league year) but the trade partner would need Eli to renegotiate his salary, they may have given permission to talk.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't see them giving up Dak for a couple of possible good years with Eli although Jerry has done some pretty stupid stuff i'm not sure this would be real smart !

On the other hand i do see Jerry making a run at L, Bell next year if given the opportunity ! Just saying ...

5 hours ago, Needle said:

I think Carr is worse off. Dak can make plays but is limited by his arm talent. Carr to me looks mentally ruined. He desperately needs a new situation.

Yeah, Carr looks completely shell shocked just like his brother.

Everyone blames a woeful offensive line for David Carr's downfall, but maybe it's genetic.

And for the record, I was sold on Carr as a franchise QB in 2016. I was wrong.

Eli Manning is still better than the majority of NFL QBs.   If any fans should know how difficult it is to find a decent QB, it should be Bills fans.

Giants would be stupid to let him go without a known-suitable replacement.

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A guy that I work with is exetremely close to the Manning Family (Cooper is his godfather). He was telling me today that the Cowboys have been having casual conversations with Eli’s management if he becomes available. I’m fairly certain that’s tampering but these types of conversations must be pretty common. They think, with that OL, he would have a couple of years left.

I'm sure tampering goes on all the time in the NFL, most teams just do it blatantly enough to get caught.  I don't think Dallas is sold on Dak, he kind of hasn't improved much since his rookie year.  He is still the same guy although somewhat less effective now.

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He thinks that Eli will be released. 

Of course anything could happen but they said something during the Monday night broadcast that Eli needed to win that game to keep his job and he did win it.

16 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Eli  could work behind that line and Jerry knows Dak got figured out.

Dak hasn't kicked on from his rookie season and is in that game manager category of Quarterback for me. But he played pretty well on Sunday night against the Eagles.... and I think Eli is done. To me I would take Dak over Eli. Eli is hardly gonna come and play for pennies is he? 

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I remember getting pounded here for opining that Dak would crash some....just sayun'