Just heard an interesting Eli rumor (not Bills related)

Kirby Jackson

Forget the boys, why would the Giants release Eli ever unless they've all but committed to the tank? Do they really think Tanney and Lauletta are QBs to keep and carry them through the rest of the season and beyond?

Did they not learn anything from the Bills? If you go into the season with your newly drafted franchise qb and two unknown back ups, you're going to have a bad time. Then again, literally could not care less about the Giants being okay...so hell, they should sign Peterman when they release Eli...

Just now, ctk232 said:

Forget the boys, why would the Giants release Eli ever unless they've all but committed to the tank? Do they really think Tanney and Lauletta are QBs to keep and carry them through the rest of the season and beyond?

Did they not learn anything from the Bills? If you go into the season with your newly drafted franchise qb and two unknown back ups, you're going to have a bad time. Then again, literally could not care less about the Giants being okay...so hell, they should sign Peterman when they release Eli...

Maybe they feel someone will be available and they will be in a position to draft the future. They have pieces in place to entice a quality FA. Maybe a Derek Carr or a Jameis Winston shakes loose?

Prescott is Tyrod Taylor if he played for the Cowboys.

Both quarterbacks have trouble seeing the whole field and progressing through the reads.  

I certainly could see a Cowboys future with Prescott on another team.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Maybe they feel someone will be available and they will be in a position to draft the future. They have pieces in place to entice a quality FA. Maybe a Derek Carr or a Jameis Winston shakes loose?

I just see the makings of Bills 2018 2.0 - no guarantee they bring in Carr or Winston, though either > Peterman. Would just be fun to watch happen to them if I'm being selfishly petty, but I bet they navigate it better than we did.

2 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

I just see the makings of Bills 2018 2.0 - no guarantee they bring in Carr or Winston, though either > Peterman. Would just be fun to watch happen to them if I'm being selfishly petty, but I bet they navigate it better than we did.

They'll get a vet of some kind. I was just going pie in the sky for them with those 2. Still, you've got to imagine FA's would like to go to a place that has OBJ, Barkley, and Engram.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He thinks that Eli will be released. 

This is why I thought the Giants blew a prime opportunity to draft a QB this year. I don't care how much of a playmaker Barkley is. They should have drafted a QB with their first pick

31 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Is Dak the next Tyrod?

Looked more like Trentative this past weekend

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

This is why I thought the Giants blew a prime opportunity to draft a QB this year. I don't care how much of a playmaker Barkley is. They should have drafted a QB with their first pick

Looked more like Trentative this past weekend

I was surprised too, but they are clearly going to get another bite at the apple.

Dak Prescott is the Emperor with the new clothes......no one wants to say out loud what has because clear.   As was said above, he's firmly in the 3d tier (Tannehill, Bortles, Tyrod) and shows no signs of going above that.

• Like (+1) 1

Dak isn't that good, but they don't have to make that decision until 2020. They gave up their first round pick in 2019, so they're unlikely to find a franchise guy in that draft.

This only makes sense if you believe Eli will be significantly better than Dak next season(I don't) or if you think Dak is gonna net the Cowboys something big in a trade.(I don't)

Eli is done. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

McD said he had confidence in Peterman yesterday....

Dak makes really curious plays at critical moments.  Like hitting the ball off his hip and losing it while running

Edited by JoeF

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A guy that I work with is exetremely close to the Manning Family (Cooper is his godfather). He was telling me today that the Cowboys have been having casual conversations with Eli’s management if he becomes available. I’m fairly certain that’s tampering but these types of conversations must be pretty common. They think, with that OL, he would have a couple of years left.

This is also interesting as to where they must stand regarding Dak. 

I'd say its tampering   but I'm not an expert 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I was surprised too, but they are clearly going to get another bite at the apple.

Dak Prescott is the Emperor with the new clothes......no one wants to say out loud what has because clear.   As was said above, he's firmly in the 3d tier (Tannehill, Bortles, Tyrod) and shows no signs of going above that.

Prescott is better than Eli was at this point his career. Took him awhile to figure it out. Prescott's ceiling is similar to Andy Dalton's.

Eli is an interesting one. I'm not sure of his career stats but never thought of him as a top tier QB, yet he has those 2 Super Bowl rings and I will always love him for beating Brady each time. It'll be interesting to see what's said when it comes time for his HOF eligibility. I'm sure loads of people would say he should go in, I personally don't. But again, that's based on me not looking at his career stats. I never believed Warner was a HOFer either but there you go

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

They'll get a vet of some kind. I was just going pie in the sky for them with those 2. Still, you've got to imagine FA's would like to go to a place that has OBJ, Barkley, and Engram.

No doubt it's attractive in terms of destination, but you'd have to scratch your head as to why they aren't doing so well. Eli isn't great, but it's the OL there that really has problems. Combined with a bit of a coaching/FO nightmare, plus a toxic locker room and team chemistry, it doesn't sound like the most idyllic of destinations for a QB looking for a winning job.

Granted, they have more resources to argue than we do at present.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He thinks that Eli will be released. 

Wow that’d be interesting. I don’t think that happens but it’s possible. The giants main issue is there OLine. If Eli has time he can still win games. He has never been a QB who can play at an effective level without good protection. I do think Kyle Luletta will actually become a decent QB in this league if developed properly. But I just don’t see the Giants releasing Manning unless he is used an escape goat. Do you have any idea how much of a cap hit they’d take? And how much he is set to make?