If Zay pans out, McD's first two drafts are awesome

I know there are varying degrees of involvement by coach McD with each of the picks in the past two drafts, but now that Zay has somehow emerged as a good receiver our last two years we have

TreD

Zay

Dawk

Milano

Last year

Josh

Tremaine

Harry

Taron

Teller

Obviously Josh is the wildcard here, but currently this is 9 starters in two years through the draft.   Almost half of the 22 man starting team in two years, all under rookie deals.   I don't have time to look it up, but that's likely tops in the league, nine starters who are either rooks or sophomores.  There's a little Whaley influence, and Beane obviously, but if McD has been significantly involved in these past two drafts like they say he has, it's a very encouraging sign that we have a knack for identifying and developing the right kind of players here.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Jauronimo said:

If Allen pans out the drafts were awesome.  If he doesn't they're not looking so hot.

That's partially true, but I think the number of other good players is impressive.

• Like (+1) 4

I’m bracing for the inevitable Mahomes comment followed by fire Beane (even though he wasn’t on staff but apparently was running the draft from Carolina or something like that). 

?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, teef said:

i have a feeling this thread is going to anger some people.

No hate, no anger, no negative rants, no temper tantrums and no call to fire everybody now and next year! And some honest thought put into it - yup this will set some of our angry posters off!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

No hate, no anger, no negative rants, no temper tantrums and no call to fire everybody now and next year! And some honest thought put into it - yup this will set some of our angry posters off!

it's all so foreign to me!

• Like (+1) 1