Send Jerry Hughes to the Probowl!

GreggTX

6 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I voted for Hughes, Hyde, Poyer, Lorenzo, and Milano.

Although Hyde & Poyer aren't doing quite as well statistically as last season, they're still a great tandem. Likely won't get selected, but figured they deserved some consideration anyway :)

Hughes, Alexander & Milano definitely deserve spots though.

You didn’t vote for the Bills’ best player?

2 hours ago, KW95 said:

Hughes = Puke!  

Overrated,  never gets the big play, never gets a call against him, always gets stupid penalties!  A non factor last 3-4 games.

Back at Kenmore West, the English teacher always preached "If you don't say anything stupid, no one will ever know."

Along with the offensive additions that will happen in 2019.........................

Would you like the Bills to go after Clowney (if the Texans don't franchise, which I think financially they really can't afford to) to complete this defense with a fierce pass rush? I also think they can dump Murphy and not be hurt in the cap, so this can happen.

Every time I watch Hauschka kick, I wonder how in the hell any team would let that guy go.

Dude is just smooth with it. I still have nightmares about Rian Lindell lining up for an important kick. Just knew he'd find a way to screw it up.

Hauschka seems to have the perfect mentality for a kicker. No thinking. No pressure. All business.

• Like (+1) 2

No trolling, I think he has been a bigger cancer during his stay here in Buffalo than his recent play.

As I stated.  Often gets stupid penalties and blacklisted by the referees.  He never, and I repeat, NEVER draws a call against him.

Too each their own, and I'm not 8!  

The defense should at least have 3 players voted in. Hyde, Hughes, Proyer, Milano, and Tre White all deserve consideration (White is a lock in my opinion any of the other 4 can go either way.) The only player on offense that deserves consideration is Dawkins but that's a stretch despite grading out well he is probably looked at around the league as the best player on a bad or mediocre unit.  

On 11/13/2018 at 11:33 AM, MDH said:

You didn’t vote for the Bills’ best player?

If you're talking about White, no I didn't.

There were just too many corners playing much better than him this year. Still playing well, but competition is rough this season.

On 11/13/2018 at 10:21 AM, KW95 said:

Hughes = Puke!  

Overrated,  never gets the big play, never gets a call against him, always gets stupid penalties!  A non factor last 3-4 games.

WHAT? He is an impact player who must be accounted for every time he is on the field. If anything, he is under rated.

On 11/13/2018 at 6:44 PM, KW95 said:

No trolling, I think he has been a bigger cancer during his stay here in Buffalo than his recent play.

As I stated.  Often gets stupid penalties and blacklisted by the referees.  He never, and I repeat, NEVER draws a call against him.

Too each their own, and I'm not 8!  

I respectfully disagree. I think he is one of the emotional leaders of this Defense. I do agree that he has occasionally made stupid decisions on the field that should be avoided, but he has also been unfairly penalized due to his reputation. They can't all be choir boys on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

The Pro Bowl comes down to stats and popularity, really. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hughes go as an alternate for someone who decides they don't wanna play in the game. Unfortunately, most people look at stats to determine if a player is any good or not. Hughes has 5.5 sacks but the pressures he gets cause hurried throws which lead to incompletions or turnovers. It's not always about getting the sack. 

The other guy that absolutely deserves to go is Tre White. A few weeks back one of the analytical numbers sites had a graphic floating around on White vs. all the receivers he's faced this year and game after game the receiver he covers the most usually ends the game with like 2 catches, 19 yards or 4 catches for 27 yards, or 3 catches on 11 targets for 31 yards, etc. etc. I think the receiver that had the most success against him has been Davante Adams and even his statline for that game wasn't special, like 4 receptions, 67 yards and one score. Can't ask for much better than that out of your #1 CB, who can work on either side of the field.

Edited by blacklabel

On 11/13/2018 at 10:28 AM, T master said:

Wow for a guy that has more QB pressures than most any one else in the league & seems to be a factor on the #1 ranked defense in the league your opinion is pretty low ?

The dude busts his ass & has to be accounted for by every offensive coordinator the Bills play i'm sure Lesley Frazier most of the other defensive coordinators don't share your "expert" opinion on the DE position occupied by Hughes !! 

Theres always “that one guy” right?