Zay Jones and pass interference

Hebert19

Officiating is still uniformly awful.

While you can make a case for some stuff to be missed, the PI on Jones, isn't one of those.

After all, it's where the football is going, and so the zebras should be well fixed on it.

Jones never got to make a play on the football, because the defender clearly hit him from behind, prior to the football arriving.

Jones actually was pretty much in the perfect position to get the football, until he was barged out of the way. The only way the defender was getting to the football, was through Jones, which is pretty much what happened.

As a zebra, if you can't see that, and make the call, you pretty much should be at home watching games, and not on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/13/2018 at 1:18 PM, BigPappy said:

Which is total BS. It's either PI or it isn't i don't care who you are. I'm overstating it but every ref should be lined up and shot. They are totally useless. 

I don't think the refs take that into account. The receiver will ask for a flag on literally every single play, even if he was never touched.

BUT, the big name receivers definitely get more flags, probably due to unintentional bias (hopefully not due to direction from the NFL).

On 11/13/2018 at 8:50 AM, Hebert19 said:

Last week I read an article about how Zay Jones seems to get interfered with a lot and it doesnt get called.   Then in this past game vs the jets it happened again...he got clobbered before the ball got there.  No call. 

1.  Is it really as obvious as it looks to me that he seems to have this happen a lot?

2.  Is it his own fault in a lot of cases because he doesnt work back to the ball enough.  

Just thought I'd throw it out there since it's gotten attention lately and it definitely happened again this week. 

When we get a new stadium calls will finally start going our way.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't think the refs take that into account. The receiver will ask for a flag on literally every single play, even if he was never touched.

BUT, the big name receivers definitely get more flags, probably due to unintentional bias (hopefully not due to direction from the NFL).

uhoh youre figuring it out.  Bills fans will spend $ no matter what.  Pats fans are as fair weather as it gets.