Zay Jones and pass interference

Hebert19

Last week I read an article about how Zay Jones seems to get interfered with a lot and it doesnt get called.   Then in this past game vs the jets it happened again...he got clobbered before the ball got there.  No call. 

1.  Is it really as obvious as it looks to me that he seems to have this happen a lot?

2.  Is it his own fault in a lot of cases because he doesnt work back to the ball enough.  

Just thought I'd throw it out there since it's gotten attention lately and it definitely happened again this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

He hasn't earned it yet I guess from the officials.   I kind of get why some players cry to the refs all game long.  Squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

This is what I was thinking. It is stupid, but it seems that he has not “earned it”. Other receivers cry for a flag and get one. Zay isn’t there yet. 

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

This is what I was thinking. It is stupid, but it seems that he has not “earned it”. Other receivers cry for a flag and get one. Zay isn’t there yet. 

Which is total BS. It's either PI or it isn't i don't care who you are. I'm overstating it but every ref should be lined up and shot. They are totally useless. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its the classic "hasnt earned his stripes" thing......

Keep working Zay rumble young man rumble

A tad stupid but I agree that's the way it is.

As for Hughes, he must have really rubbed a lot of officials the wrong way. Hard to forget him getting a 15 yarder for slapping his OWN TEAMMATE IN CELEBRATION!!

Squeaky wheel gets the grease as long as you grease it the right way! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It's time to go to full-time paid refs and get away from this good ol' boys club.

A lot of realities in this thread. First Zay has been blatantly interfered with the last 3 weeks and no call. This is unquestionable. These were not simultaneous hits.  And low and behold NFL officiating is still broken and flawed. Yes the game moves at an unbelievably fast pace. But don't think for a second these guys don't favor the more experienced wrs. This happens in every sport. Yes it's not fair but it's kinda an unwritten rule of the boys club. Zay will eventually get these calls, just not now.

Pass Interference is pass interference! Doesn’t matter who you are or who is getting called. Any of this isn’t there yet or hasn’t earned his stripes talk is BS. I don’t think the refs stop to look which receiver it is or which defender it is and then decide to throw the flag. Refs called it wrong, it’s as simple as that.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Same exact thing happened on the opening drive against the Texans and he and Josh were hot

Coaches should be able to challenge calls like this on a somewhat limited basis

it was the first drive as the bills were driving. Mathieu freaking clobbered him with the ball a good 5 yds away. it was about as blatant as it can get.

18 minutes ago, bigbuffs said:

Pass Interference is pass interference! Doesn’t matter who you are or who is getting called. Any of this isn’t there yet or hasn’t earned his stripes talk is BS. I don’t think the refs stop to look which receiver it is or which defender it is and then decide to throw the flag. Refs called it wrong, it’s as simple as that.

agree 100%. I don't buy the "he hasn't earned it yet" bullcrap. 

its not the NBA. it doesn't work like that. these aren't ticky tack calls he's earned or not earned. they are DB's blatantly running through jones.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

The refereeing in the NFL is abysmal.  I used to do the Zebra Report, but I gave it up after a season.  Replaying each game for 3-4 hours just to see the same mistakes on both sides of the ball, over and over again, was soul sucking.  Complete waste of time, as we see it week in and week out.  The worst is when replay won't even overturn blatantly bad calls.  The NFL motto, "If it's broke, don't fix it".