CA fires

The fire discussion was in the “boarder” thread for etymological reasons I did not trace. 

Trump says the fires  are the result of Forest mismanagement. No doubt after hours of long study of the problem. 

Fires are natural. Clearing deadfall and many other tasks are not and are terrible for the health of forests. And at the edges of community and forest, fires will happen, especially in areas known to have dry spells.

There is no way to avoid it and it’s probably the price people have to accept when living there. Just like accepting flooding when living near the ocean or in a flood zone (hi New Orleans).

We waste a ton of money trying to terraform for convenience. Some projects may be worth it but some are absurd. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

Not to mention the fact that until a little over a hundred years ago Southern California was a borderline desert.  The aqueduct system turned it into a borderline paradise attracting millions of people. 

But the aqueduct system has not been upgraded to meet the increased population

9 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Not to mention the fact that until a little over a hundred years ago Southern California was a borderline desert.  The aqueduct system turned it into a borderline paradise attracting millions of people. 

But the aqueduct system has not been upgraded to meet the increased population

Now you did it. DC Tom and 3rd will be here any second on this topic. 

Listen butthurt, the problem is as Trump said. Forest mismanagement. in North Carolina there are very strong penalties for not managing your woodland forestry. I don't know what the hell is California's problem is besides overpopulation and too much bureaucracy to protect the snowflake but they need to be doing controlled Burns and prescribed Burns in the overpopulated area. 

This is 100% California for you they would have saved thousands of lives from being affected and probably hundreds from being taken by controlling population control and density through urban planning in better understanding of nature.

You mentioning Trump in this at all just proves you're not logic but in fact stupid

15 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Listen butthurt, the problem is as Trump said. Forest mismanagement. in North Carolina there are very strong penalties for not managing your woodland forestry. I don't know what the hell is California's problem is besides overpopulation and too much bureaucracy to protect the snowflake but they need to be doing controlled Burns and prescribed Burns in the overpopulated area. 

Do you believe, like Trump, that the federal government can prevent forest fires? How about hurricanes and blizzards? 

This is 100% California for you they would have saved thousands of lives from being affected and probably hundreds from being taken by controlling population control and density through urban planning ...

Of that there is little doubt. But that's not a forestry issue. 

I mentioned Trump because Trump jumped in on the issue to lay blame. You have more faith in his research ability than me. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

“Moreover, nearly 60 percent of California forests are under federal management, and another two-thirds under private control.

https://www.redding.com/story/news/2018/11/11/trump-blames-state-fires-but-many-worst-federal-land/1971196002/

https://www.kqed.org/science/1927354/controlled-burns-can-help-solve-californias-fire-problem-so-why-arent-there-more-of-them

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/08/03/lack-of-controlled-burns-contributing-to-california-wildfires/amp/

Try harder. Learn more.  Sit down. Shut up

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Do you believe, like Trump, that the federal government can prevent forest fires? How about hurricanes and blizzards? 

Of that there is little doubt. But that's not a forestry issue. 

I mentioned Trump because Trump jumped in on the issue to lay blame. You have more faith in his research ability than me. 

You just can't resist the dig in Trump.  But, these forests didn't grow into the fire concern in the last year.  They were started in 2008 when Obama was president and clearly, they're Obama's fault.

But, only YOU can prevent forest fires.  Dummy.

In all seriousness I would love to give a reasonable reply but you're a piece of ***** so I'm not going towaste my time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Now you did it. DC Tom and 3rd will be here any second on this topic. 

I already won this argument with actual logic. I have no need to treat DC Tom as my ****. He has his issues and I'm not going to put him through further humiliation. After all, playing Pete Davidson to my Dan Crenshaw has to be hard on his psyche.

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I already won this argument with actual logic. I have no need to treat DC Tom as my ****. He has his issues and I'm not going to put him through further humiliation. After all, playing Pete Davidson to my Dan Crenshaw has to be hard on his psyche.

Tom is the kind of guy who will take his beating and not respond. I admire his humility, a lot. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

No, you didn't.  You didn't use logic.  You didn't even use sense.  "Desert...irrigation...forest fires!   I win!"

That's not a argument.  That's more like a cognitive spasm.

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, you didn't.  You didn't use logic.  You didn't even use sense.  "Desert...irrigation...forest fires!   I win!"

That's not a argument.  That's more like a cognitive spasm.

You misunderstood my rather clear contention and then stuck to that misunderstanding with a rather fierce obtuseness. With that I nominate you with the fifth annual Gleeful Gator award, narrowly inching out Gleeful Gator himself for the award.

here is a story of good forest management

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/2/apache-forest-management-fights-wildfires/

I go to the Tonto Forest almost every year, and have watched them prep for a controlled burn... Makes for a much healthier forest . I read one that when settlers got here, there was an average of 40 trees per acre in forest areas but the trees were massive and majestic, easily withstanding a woods fire.. Now we have about 1200 per acre, and they grow tall and skinny, ripe for fire(wood)