WTF with the “feel bad for Peterman” posts?

eball

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

People feel bad for Peterman because he lost his job/dream and what did he do wrong he didn't hurt people he didn't steal or commit any sort of crime, all he did was play bad football. I might be glad he isn't on the team anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't feel bad for the guy.

Nathan Peterman has now officially replaced Jerry Sullivan; you have a bad day Nathan is always there!

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

You should go find him and beat him up if you don't like him that much. I put my money on him face planting you. 

I get that people didn't like Peterman but sometimes you make yourself look like bigger losers than you think he is lol. 

Good post, look at it this way, some of these people have no life, this is it!

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Because no matter how many times we cover the topic some of you still think even the most lowly, wretched, fallen angel can be redeemed.  You still think people who perform horrible, unspeakable acts for money can be saved.  And you're also falling in love with hookers and that's just f#@$%ing stupid.   

Crazy comes in many forms here at TBD.  Sometimes, it is benevolent and takes the form of a "Jim Kelly for OC" campaign.  Other times, it is born out of frustration, manifesting itself as "Fire Everyone...NOW!"  This thread is from the Dennis Fife strain:

ALHAMBRA, CA—Area crazy man Dennis Fife held a press conference Tuesday to announce that on Oct. 8, he will stand in the doorway of the office building at 2600 Kenilworth Avenue and yell at cars all day.  Addressing reporters, the 47-year-old Fife said, "At approximately 9:30 a.m. on the day in question, shortly after I finish lunging at dogs, I will proceed to the front steps of the Simmons Building and yell loudly for nine hours. The screaming will be broken by a 15-minute fit of rigid catatonia, most likely in the late afternoon."

Among the topics Fife plans to address during his nine-hour rant: the ace of diamonds, bookshelves, the man trying to kill him, those goddamn bananas,people from St. Louis, closed-up straws, Trapper John, MD, and papers, papers everywhere."I may briefly stray from my agenda to urinate into the revolving door at the building's entrance," Fife said, "but, for the most part, I will focus on the task at hand and spend the bulk of the day yelling at the various passing cars."

Though Fife said he will shout at any vehicle that goes down Kenilworth Avenue, he will focus primarily on Volkswagen Beetles, pick-up trucks and late-'80s Mitsubishi Galants. Fife also noted that he will attempt to gain the attention of bicyclists by shouting, "Hey there, Mr. Bike-man."

"A lot of what I intend to yell will be pre-planned—it will be things I've shouted at cars before," said Fife, chewing on his right forearm. "But I definitely want to leave open some room for improvisation. For instance, if a red car passes by, I might be inclined to shout at the driver, 'Where'd you get the fancy red car?' But then, if another red car drives by a bit later, I might become angry and demand that the driver stop and give me kidney beans."

Fife has already begun preparations for the event. On Monday, he worked late into the night making a bowl of Kraft macaroni and cheese, which he said he will bring with him and throw into the street, handfuls at a time. He has also set aside his lucky rubberband and a tree branch for the occasion.

While Fife has vowed to remain in the office building's doorway throughout his nine-hour yell session, some observers speculate that he will wander over to the nearest corner, where he would have access to vehicles slowing down to make the turn onto Canyon Drive. "That corner is going to be extremely tempting for Mr. Fife," Alhambra city councilmember Lorraine Schmidt said. "Not only do the cars slow down there, giving him better access to drivers, but there is a mailbox he can spit into. I can't imagine he'll be able to stand in that doorway all day with the corner in full view without giving in to the urge to go over there."

Alhambra police chief George Jaeger predicted Fife would be successful in his venture, praising his remarkable tenacity and determination.

https://local.theonion.com/crazy-man-announces-plans-to-stand-in-doorway-yell-at-1819564877

uiagcazfkyixm0cg9sum.webp

uiagcazfkyixm0cg9sum.jpg

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

Here at TSW (or any fan board) Peterman will live forever!!! 

Why?  Because people just can't give up "being right" and I told you so. 

I supported Nate because he was a Buffalo Bill.   I don't throw players in the trash for the hell of it after 1 or 2 outings.  (see Zay Jones as an example)

Nate didn't do well and now he's gone now.  Good luck to him in whatever he peruses.

Lets focus on who's still playing 

Tom Brady is on pace to throw the most INTs in his career ...

Sam Darnold is almost on pace to break Peyton Manning’s ...

Instead of starting another thread, will start here.  

I doubt more then 1% hate Peterman.

What the other 99% hated was the decision to start him vs. LAC in 2017 and then McD, wanting to double down with him as the QB over and over and over.  If he didn't get concussed vs. Indy & they won 13-7 (or whatever the score was), I'm sure he would have started the rest of the year.  They then brought in another stiff in McCarron to fight for the interim job in 2018 and again Peterman was named the starter.  He just was not good, and that is not his fault. 

What we hated was McD continually having him as the viable option.

Hope he does well, as yes if he is as nice a guy as people say he was then "all the best".......  

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Instead of starting another thread, will start here.  

I doubt more then 1% hate Peterman.

What the other 99% hated was the decision to start him vs. LAC in 2017 and then McD, wanting to double down with him as the QB over and over and over.  If he didn't get concussed vs. Indy & they won 13-7 (or whatever the score was), I'm sure he would have started the rest of the year.  They then brought in another stiff in McCarron to fight for the interim job in 2018 and again Peterman was named the starter.  He just was not good, and that is not his fault. 

Hope he does well, as yes if he is as nice a guy as people say he was then "all the best".......  

The way Tuhrod Taylor was playing I'd say more than 50% were ready for something else.   That something else happened to be Peterman. 

In the Chargers game Peterman was thrown into the fire and failed.  

Then those who truly despised the Peterman pick went into a feeding frenzy.  

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The way Tuhrod Taylor was playing I'd say more than 50% were ready for something else.   That something else happened to be Peterman. 

Well, to go into the season with a questionable vet that you aren’t committed to and a 5th round rookie after passing on two premier prospects is kind of asking for a bad situation 

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

What the other 99% hated was the decision to start him vs. LAC in 2017 and then McD, wanting to double down with him as the QB over and over and over.

He just was not good, and that is not his fault. 

giphy.gifYES !.....and if I may add, why so many are leery of McDermott's HC capability. 

Sure 50/50 to play Peterman, but it was an unmitigated disaster and highlighted the inability of the staff to assess the QB they drafted through training camp and to that point in the regular season.

NP was going to be drafted & was not a reach.  McD though and his continual defense of him and blind loyalty was something else to see.

I said and am convinced that in the LAC game he wanted NP to keep going back in and if not for the fifth pick would have started th second half.  It was only when it was an unmitigated disaster that he was pulled. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Well, to go into the season with a questionable vet that you aren’t committed to and a 5th round rookie after passing on two premier prospects is kind of asking for a bad situation 

Which two ...... are we talking this season?

prospects as in Vets? 

Cousins and Smith?     Cousins looked bad against Buffalo and I haven's seen any other games and living in the DMV (DC area) the locals are not enthralled with Alex.  

9 hours ago, Idandria said:

He is statistically one of the worst QBs in NFL history. The guys career was a total joke. He was a punchlines  for wise guy pundits saying Buffalo would lose to Alabama. Sure, he made money but at the end of the day. I feel for him. I wish he had at least 1 good game. 

Snow game last year was a good game for him.

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Why the personal disrespect for him? I could understand if he didn't make the effort, but he did. So he's not cut out for the job. Neither are those who mock him.

My issue was the amount of opportunities that he got. Guys with his pedigree (and performance) don’t get the chances that he got. I don’t hate the guy but I hate the player. There are literally hundreds of QBs like him that get one chance (or none) and wash out. This guy just kept getting chances and kept failing. It wasn’t good for him or for us. This move is in everyone’s best interest.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I feel bad for anyone who has had their dreams crushed for whatever reason.  His being he can't play at this level.

It doesn't keep me up at night nor does it make me think about it for more than a second.  I just see it as "sucks the NFL didn't work out for you, best of luck to you".

Exactly, he got to live out a dream very few ever do, got paid well for less than 2 years of work, and can now fall back on the free education he was given that allowed him to play a game and live out a dream. Guys suck and get their dreams crushed all the time in pro sports, I wont personally feel bad for any of them that they didnt make it though.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Which two ...... are we talking this season?

prospects as in Vets? 

Cousins and Smith?     Cousins looked bad against Buffalo and I haven's seen any other games and living in the DMV (DC area) the locals are not enthralled with Alex.  

I think he was referring to Watson and Mahommes on the draft McDs first season.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I dont think anyone really disliked the pick, I never remember seeing that here. If anything I would say most liked the pick as being a potential backup QB but may have been anger towards the front office for not making a QB pick earlier in the draft for a potential starter. 

Then McDermott put him in while they still had a chance at the playoffs which also can be seen as understandable cause the offence needed a shakeup. Unfortunately he had one of the worst starts in league history and was mercy pulled by half time. Most players drafted where he was without a great college background dont usually pan out, and it became even more of a joke when he kept getting forced back into games by the coach.